College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Baylor, Mizzou, Wake, Oklahoma State, etc. There seems to be a trend recently of power conference schools throwing away unique designs to look like a low-budget MAC school instead when they could surely do better with their budgets.

As a MAC fan, I wish that low-budget MAC schools looked as nice and cohesive as those schools you mentioned.

• Like 10

spacer.png

I think Wake didn’t want to pay extra for a special order so they switched to a catalogue iirc. 

That’s an absolute crying shame, I thought the previous jerseys were perfection. 

On the Baylor front, I’m taking the unpopular route and saying these are an absolute upgrade, and due to the colors being right the best they’ve ever looked. 

I’d prefer a pawprint type design ideally, but Baylor’s brand across all sports was such a mess for so long and I’m glad they settled on green and yellow. 

Green and bronze only worked on a football uniform with other sports going easy on the bronze/yellow and being essentially green and white. Basketball loved neon. 

Green and yellow in this mix is a strong brand with the striping pattern being somewhat consistent with men’s basketball, baseball, and softball, even with some pro team overlap in football. 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

It remains to be seen what or if the Packers have to say about Baylor's new uniforms. At least their pants stripes differ from GB's me basic braishers, and unless Baylor plans on pairing yellow helmets and pants with green/white jerseys as a primary option (pay attention to that), then Baylor should be okay.

brandon-white-st-edward-football-jeff-ha

c2747e1c-2178-4f6d-b6e7-e2d949918d92-St.

Unless Baylor tries to rip off the Packers helmet logo, Green bay won't care.

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

So how can Baylor wear these almost identical Packers unis with no issue, and Iowa wear identical Steelers unis with no issues but the loser Titans sent a cease and desist to Houston for wearing similar uniforms to a throwback they have only worn twice in 25 years?

Wait until you see Georgia… or Grambling… or every fifth or so high school.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

So how can Baylor wear these almost identical Packers unis with no issue, and Iowa wear identical Steelers unis with no issues but the loser Titans sent a cease and desist to Houston for wearing similar uniforms to a throwback they have only worn twice in 25 years?

Packers and Steelers aren't as worried about marginal (i.e. additional) throwback sales as Amy Struck is. 

• Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Especially when they added the little bit of orange and white trim to the blue jersey.

540717.jpg.0.jpg

DlT3QuzXgAAfWxS_900x722.jpg

This is why I feel the current Illinois uniforms are nice but not really "Fighting Illini" uniforms. I've just never thought of them as a UCLA stripe team (compared to Syracuse).

I'd love to see a modern take on those uniforms!
QYpdHEW.png

EDIT: Although I wish they would also go back to a deeper orange.
vafhI6U.png

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Those concepts go to show that custom number fonts do a TON of heavy lifting with brand distinction when building out a uniform. I'll never understand preferring block font over and over -- if someone can put together a nice custom suite, use it and lean into it instead of feeling like you have to get nuts with details. 

*cough cough Broncos cough*

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Those Baylor uniforms have an equal amount of additions and subtractions. I'd say they're pretty lateral (and pointless).

I look forward to seeing those Illinois throwbacks. Although I don't dislike the "I" for the helmet logo, the script really adds more to the set. Really, I would like to see more schools go with script helmet logos since there are more teams that can use them, plus I think they simply look better for college than the pros.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Welp. Enjoy logo free football while you still can. 

Ole Miss basically did this when they did the RealTree helmets a year or two ago. It’s gonna suck but it is what it is I suppose

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Welp. Enjoy logo free football while you still can. 

Those logos are already on the field, hopefully they don't start looking like the CFL and Arena League. 

safelite-field-ohio-stadium.png

HighPoint.com-Stadium.jpg

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

51 minutes ago, RedSeaHeath said:

Anthracite aside, the primary set would look pretty nice if this was the design they decided on instead of making it an alternate.

I made a concept set for Baylor using the bear-claw-in-shoulder-cap a lil while back, I still think it’d be a nice modern look for them, taking the now-previous set and giving it a bit more personality. I wasn’t a fan of how that previous set completely abandoned yellow on the away, felt like an admission that they couldn’t find a way to properly balance the colors. Otherwise, I liked it just fine.

W8d7goq.png

It’s probably recency bias but I vastly prefer yellow to Vegas gold for Baylor, but I also just have an aversion to dark and drab color schemes in general. Why be dull when you can be colorful? I know it’s similar to other schools out there, but it stands out in the Big Twelve, where red and black reign supreme and only a few schools have brighter colors.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, RedSeaHeath said:

Anthracite aside, the primary set would look pretty nice if this was the design they decided on instead of making it an alternate.

grey uniforms are using Nike’s cheaper materials. No perforations and shoulder material color doesn’t seem to match the rest of the chassis. These are similar to the uniforms that Nike gives high schools and lower tier programs. I wonder if Nike designed these or  a third party like BSN. BSN’s uniforms for Cincinnati used the same cheaper template. 

1 hour ago, RedSeaHeath said:

It's sad that an unnecessary anthracite set is the best of the bunch. I'm usually okay with traditional uniforms, but Baylor really phoned it in with the Packers ripoffs. 

I don't hate the striping pattern on the other uniforms, but why couldn't they all do the bear claw on shoulder and just stripes on pants? I feel like they missed a mark here.

Also hoping Boise State doesn't get too basic with their new set. Still have yet to see that.

• Like 6

If it was any color other than anthracite I'd probably be more intrigued.  Anthracite is low hanging fruit. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

38 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

It's sad that an unnecessary anthracite set is the best of the bunch. I'm usually okay with traditional uniforms, but Baylor really phoned it in with the Packers ripoffs. 

6658a281a6bac.image.jpg?resize=889,500

01_UNI_WebHeader.jpg?preset=large.social

I'm a little surprised to see them go with that specific sleeve cap since it ties back to the uniforms they wore with the Briles' in charge. Someone complained that the other three don't have wordmarks on them and I can see that argument, but I think they look better than this one does. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png