College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

I do really like Minnesota’s new set, much like on UW they do seems like a quasi-throwback to a 70s set.

However, my concern is that Baylor and now Minnesota have unveiled uniforms with similar theming and it makes me wonder is this is Nikes new MO: put the team in stripes to harken back to a classic look. It makes me wonder if Boise is also going to get this (or a similar look) and other teams in need of a refresh will as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

However, my concern is that Baylor and now Minnesota have unveiled uniforms with similar theming and it makes me wonder is this is Nikes new MO: put the team in stripes to harken back to a classic look. It makes me wonder if Boise is also going to get this (or a similar look) and other teams in need of a refresh will as well.

50 minutes ago, bowld said:

2 new uniforms revealed and both feature classic striping, no piping, no black and no neon.

Have the Nike HQ's been hacked??

This has been going on for several seasons now. Oklahoma State just did it last offseason, and Syracuse did it a few years back (lest we all forget the 44° angle scan line stuff). I don't even think this is Nike per se; it's just the [design] cycle we're in. Nostalgia/traditional is back in style and many teams are riding the wave. 

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A much needed upgrade for the Gophers. Love that yellow/athletic gold is a focus of the look again. Hopefully this means that they will stop trying to shoehorn metallic gold into the the primary uniforms.

The set could use a change away from the wood grain striping on the helmet, but PJ Fleck is going to PJ Fleck I guess. Probably will see a black or anthracite site down the road at some point.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 5/30/2024 at 1:21 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

Bowl game fields have just been one giant ad for years now

65866a822a026.image.jpg?resize=1200,801

I wish the alamodome would host some more big games. Has a more intimate feel than AT&T, and NRG in Houston and still has a roof to protect from the elements. I think they used to have the Big 12 chip here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

I do really like Minnesota’s new set, much like on UW they do seems like a quasi-throwback to a 70s set.

I personally don't see it happening, but with the popularity of the modernized throwback logo, it wouldn't shock me

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

I wish the alamodome would host some more big games. Has a more intimate feel than AT&T, and NRG in Houston and still has a roof to protect from the elements. I think they used to have the Big 12 chip here.

The only reason the Alamodome doesn't get the Big XII championship anymore is the lack of amenities for the big wigs. They've upgraded the suites, but they aren't able to add more without tearing apart the third and second levels of the stadium. Since they host multiple events throughout the year, they aren't going to do that and lose all that revenue. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, bowld said:

2 new uniforms revealed and both feature classic striping, no piping, no black and no neon.

The black alt from last year is staying. But it’s a start

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

So overjoyed that traditional striping is the new trend. Truly never thought this day would come. 

As much as I do appreciate this new focus overall, I give it 3-4 years before we go back to uber-modern looks. Trends come and go in waves. Right now, it's traditional striping, script logo helmets, and whiteouts.

• Sad 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

20 hours ago, bowld said:

Basic and simple has been Nike's shtick in college sports for years now. It's their recent NFL/NBA/MLB work that makes people think otherwise, though they overlook that Nike is beholden to the whims of egomaniac billionaire owners in those leagues who want to put their personal stamp on their teams.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

My only gripe with the new Minnesota unis are the stripes on the gold uni.

I don't think the W/G/W works on the gold base. The gold pants got it right M/W/M, not sure why the jersey uses a different pattern. I always think striping looks best when the outside color has the most contrast with the jersey base.
NAd1LsB.png

Idea 1: Match gold pants
vzwKg0z.png

Idea 2: Mono stripes
Me1IzMm.png

Bonus thought: I love that the striping matches their logo! Proportions are a little different but still great!
rDTp0CB.png

• Like 11