College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

11 minutes ago, SavardToColton said:

Oh yeah, beating the EA release and also capitalizing on people talking about college football in July makes this such a ripe time to strike with engagements and what not. 

That said if these releases have the same striped Nike templates that Iowa State/Baylor/Minnesota dropped I'm going to be mildly miffed. While I don't want the days of 2000s piping to return, I want at least some effort from the Swoosh with these schools. But I'm aware I'm asking for too much lol. 

It's on the schools to get what they want. Especially those that aren't the top tier of Nike's programs. App State was a miss, but the others look pretty decent, save for Iowa State's blackout line. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

37 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Speaking of the new EA game, anyone else planning on scrolling through every uniform combo as soon as the game goes live?

absolutely, one of my favorite things to do in the older sports games was look at the uniforms and alternate options. I remember in older ncaa games, they would have the teams uniforms from the season prior rather then their new uniforms for that season. NCAA 06 comes to mind, how they had Mizzou's previous unforms before the piping and weird stripes, and Syracuse before they went to a more classic look with black cleats, and Michigan's uniforms with the M on the sleeve rather then the numbers and side panels.

• Like 6

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

22 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

Have they announced how many uniforms each team has, like will we get to see teams with older uniforms like madden has?

I doubt it. The old games always had the current uniform sets only. 

27 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

Have they announced how many uniforms each team has, like will we get to see teams with older uniforms like madden has?

Matt Brown, the foremost reporter on all things EACFB, says there’s a lot of uniform options, and has hinted at past uniforms being in the game. 

But we likely won’t figure out what until the game is released (unless TeamBuilder goes up early)

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Looks like Cal may be getting a uniform update and moving away from the UA template. I am guessing they kept the old template to reduce costs or it wasn't ready yet. 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Looks like Cal may be getting a uniform update and moving away from the UA template. I am guessing they kept the old template to reduce costs or it wasn't ready yet. 

The Miami vs Cal gameplay snippet from EA shows Cal in last year's unis so this is interesting.

One article said that EA is using a new internal tool that can create uniforms for the game much more quickly which should make for some cool patches and hope they use it for Madden too

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Hopefully no more Sather Stripe. Is football the last team still using it?

• Sad 1

I think Cal should wear a simple uniform. Kind of similar to Michigan but with the Cal script helmet instead of the winged helmet. They are like Stanford in my eyes that they should be wearing a classic uniform, and just about everything they've worn going back to the 90s hasn't looked quite right. 

The latest uniforms were nice and thoughtful, but the way the "sather stripe" kind of phased in and out at its points of termination was wonky. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think Cal should wear a simple uniform. Kind of similar to Michigan but with the Cal script helmet instead of the winged helmet. They are like Stanford in my eyes that they should be wearing a classic uniform, and just about everything they've worn going back to the 90s hasn't looked quite right. 

The latest uniforms were nice and thoughtful, but the way the "sather stripe" kind of phased in and out at its points of termination was wonky. 

Idk cal to me has always been a more progressive school, in both philosophy and design. 

• LOL 1

Given recent trends, a recolored version of their throwback set or a plain numbers Michigan like set seem probable. 

Those would both look good, but would be downgrades from the Stather stripe imo. I really liked how the design was unique, specific, and traditional all at once.

I also don’t want a modern look. The Jared Goff uniforms were as good as modern Cal uniforms were gonna get, and they were too tied to a now defunct bear logo to come back. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

The Texas Tech weird stripes were definitely a design choice because Miami has the new template without sleeve caps and has normal stripes.

This template is so odd. So many weird seams and panels all over the place. It's like they asked AI to build a uniform template.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Speaking of the new EA game, anyone else planning on scrolling through every uniform combo as soon as the game goes live?

Even when I do get the newer sports games that's a tradition I still do, even when the uniform options like the games never change year to year. With this new game I anticipate just basking in the glow of going through each team's set.

• Love 1

KtHjnlJ.png