College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

50 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree they have too many pieces in their wardrobe, but I’m very confident you’ll find few people that support your take regarding Ole Miss and powder blue. The combo they wore yesterday and their road look with the powder blue lid are some of the very best in college football.

That’s fine. I’ll take your slings and arrows and die on this hill.

20 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It was whenever he was on kick coverage because there would have been two 47s.

It happened in the Maryland-Michigan State game as well.

It’s neat when it happens.

I personally think it’s dumb. For crying out loud, there are 100 digits available, do they really have to double up? During miamis reveal of new uniforms, they featured 3 players and 2 wore number 1. 😂

KISSwall09.jpg

On 9/7/2024 at 8:25 AM, lahaye7 said:

Michigan in all blue vs Texas.  Awesome /s 😐

The uniform karma gods did not look kindly upon them 😆

Also I fully support Ole Miss powder blue since it distances themselves further from the Confederacy

• Like 10

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree they have too many pieces in their wardrobe, but I’m very confident you’ll find few people that support your take regarding Ole Miss and powder blue. The combo they wore yesterday and their road look with the powder blue lid are some of the very best in college football.

I'm pro Ole Miss powder blue...

But they really need to keep it in just the helmet. Powder blue helmet, red jersey, grey pants would be so perfect for them. The powder blue jerseys don't have enough red in them to have them feel balanced and match the helmet with the red logo

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

16 hours ago, hormone said:

I personally think it’s dumb. For crying out loud, there are 100 digits available, do they really have to double up? During miamis reveal of new uniforms, they featured 3 players and 2 wore number 1. 😂

Including the walk on players and redshirts, college football rosters can sometimes exceed 100 players.  

51 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Including the walk on players and redshirts, college football rosters can sometimes exceed 100 players.  

So we did something like this at the DIII level and I know DI is a different animal but I agree with both takes on this. 

On one side filing out your roster as much as possible to give more guys opportunities and cover all loses due to injury or poor performance is huge. Let's be real a 53 man roster in the NFL is tiny especially near the end of the season when there are multiple injuries.

However on the other side a simple fix to the number issue is only bring the amount you need per game. You don't need a 100+ on the sideline.

What we used to do was assign numbers every single game. Returners and above obviously kept their numbers every game however players who are just up for a single game or the first time on the "active" gamed roster received whatever number was left. And those players as they make an impact and make the active gamey roster usually can keep their number for the season, and then change their number when/if they return.You can have a home roster with exactly 100 players if there isn't any retired numbers and the rest of the team can watch from the booth, stands, home, or wherever.

I don't believe the number rules are as strict in college as NFL. In college you see captain numbers and special numbers rotate through the team every game compared to the NFL where you have to buy you thousands to millions of dollars in merchandise to just change your number in the offseason.

So yes you shouldn't need double numbers, but because these teams bring so many onto the sideline every game and especially home games you see it more.

On 9/8/2024 at 8:42 AM, 8BW14 said:

Ole Miss insists on continuing to wear their robin egg blue helmets and I hate it. As far as I know, the originals were from the time when the only two options were molded navy or molded “powder/robin egg blue”. Why they chose that color is beyond me. Powder blue is not one of their school colors and the shade of the helmets is particularly off putting to me. It looks sickly or dingy IMO. Ole Miss has a broader problem of getting away from their best looks with all of the powder blue and white stuff as well. They need one NAVY helmet, a navy jersey, a white jersey, and a red jersey, and one pair of gray pants. It’s as simple as that IMO.

I actually agree with you too. I’ve always been annoyed with the Rebels powder blue helmet. It’s not that I hate the color, because I actually love it, but it just doesn’t fit with Ole Miss. It has always bugged the crap out of me when they wear it with the red jerseys and gray pants like on Saturday because it doesn’t match the navy accents in the pants. Ole Miss needs to figure out if they prefer navy or powder blue and just stick with one blue and be done. The navy, navy, gray and navy, red, gray are the perfect combos and it’s all Ole Miss needs. And navy, white, gray for the road of course. They used to have one of the best and most classic looks in CFB, but now their set is just overly diluted. I’m not even an Ole Miss fan, but their uniforms were my favorites.

When you can’t figure out what combo is your primary, you have a bit of a problem…

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Arizona will be breaking out new red helmets against Kansas State.

Unexpected helmet, but looks pretty good. I wonder if they discussed split white and navy stripes or combined white/navy stripes, but  then just avoided stripes to avoid the feedback. I also wonder if they considered going red helmet/white jersey/navy pants to really highlight the split colors on a larger scale. 

The red helmet with white facemask looks much better than the all-red helmets used in 2012-20.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Call me a contrarian, but these are my favorite Ole Miss looks.  Put two red stripes on the pants and you're done.  I don't like the powder blue jerseys though, can't really explain why.  Although at this point, I'd be happy with basically anything as long as they pick one shade of blue and stick with it.

1235366728.0.jpg

1180704221.jpg.jpg

• Like 7

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

6 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Call me a contrarian, but these are my favorite Ole Miss looks.  Put two red stripes on the pants and you're done.  I don't like the powder blue jerseys though, can't really explain why.  Although at this point, I'd be happy with basically anything as long as they pick one shade of blue and stick with it.

1235366728.0.jpg

1180704221.jpg.jpg

Agreed, this screams Ole Miss to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

It'll be funny if K-State busts out their retro Cats helmet for this game

Please, Lord, no.  That thing is cursed beyond belief.  We're 0-12 all time in those.  Not to mention, I've done the research and we almost never win in anything other than the classic silver/purple or white/silver.  If I remember correctly, the only times we've won in any other combo since 1987 are 2008 against A&M (purple pants) and 2013 against Iowa State (silver helmets, but with camo decals).  In the words of my uncle, God rest his soul, after we lost to Tulane two years ago: "Please never wear alternates again".

I know this post was meant in good fun, but I really had to get this rant off my chest.

• Like 2

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

On 9/8/2024 at 9:16 AM, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

The Goph's looked great yesterday. I loved the finish on the decals. G-M-G is more of an ASU thing, but I can't say it looks bad for Minny

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_n_eFDS8pD/?igsh=MTI5a2Z4b2hmNDdqaQ==

they did look great! I do prefer Maroon Helmets for MN, but it’s nice to see more of a classic look come back. Reminds me of their 2012 Set they had and ended in 2019 or so.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2024 at 1:00 PM, Webfooter said:

Arizona will be breaking out new red helmets against Kansas State.

You know what I want to see Arizona bring back? The copper helmets. It would look so good with this current uniform set. 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1