College Baseball 2024

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks just dropped their absolutely gorgeous throwback unis:

Perfection. No notes.

Yeah, these are nice.

I'm curious about the overlap of the E where the jersey buttons. While Ebbets doesn't have a home jersey (that I could find) from 1954, they do have the road version that shows some creative spacing to avoid cutting a letter over the placket.

spacer.png

Photos from that season show the word is evenly split, 3 letters by 3 letters.

spacer.png

Does anyone know why adidas quit selling  replica jerseys with a number? Is it a nil thing? Miami  hurricane thing? A cheaper product, but same price thing? All the above? I ordered a new canes reverse retro knowing this was the only option, but ordered a white and orange one from two different Stores and they both came blank even though the stock photos showed a number. Now I gotta make some returns 😡

KISSwall09.jpg

On 2/23/2024 at 1:25 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like South Florida has added a serif name above a non-serif number on their white jerseys.  Oof.

Are you talking about these?   If so, this isn't new.  These have been like this for a few years now.

Cal switched from Under Armour to Nike, but their uniforms remain mostly the same (just re-badged to Nike), with a couple changes:

1. Batting helmet logos are now 2D and metallic instead of 3D.

2. The walking bear has inexplicably been removed from inside the C logo on their pinstriped jersey, leaving a solid white space.

Both downgrades, IMO

2024 Baseball Schedule - California Golden Bears Athletics

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Auburn debuted some new throwback-inspired uniforms yesterday vs Florida A&M.

66287b399cdba.image.jpg?resize=1476,983

These are meant to be based on the 1997 College World Series team's uniforms. But I'll be honest, they missed the mark badly. No placket and sleeve piping is one thing that I could excuse, but the front number 1) being present and 2) being all navy is my biggest gripe. The Tim Hudson uniforms in 1997 used traditional block numbers as well. Auburn wore this same design as a throwback in 2007-08 using the Copperplate numbers and the front number placement. Yesterday's uniforms are a bad combination of 1997, 2008, and the 2024 primary uniforms and it's driving me nuts.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg