24-25 NBA changes

DJT

30 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

A few years ago, the Bucks had to ditch their cream colored alts because the color messed with on-court digital ads on TV. With this new Pistons city edition, I’m guessing that issue has been solved?

Was coming on to mention the same thing. Glad I scanned the existing replies first. Overall, even though I dislike the City Edition program as a whole, I will say the Pistons jerseys for that program have improved in recent years from the terrible "Motor City" jerseys they went with for so many years.

13 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

bafkreiglxofpjpdzzfzceys2nfje4akqhftjyza

I've had some time to think over these since they were leaked as my daughter was going to bed.

Atlanta: I'm not sure what they're going for? The colors are nice though.

Brooklyn: Just the one from last year(?) but with their City spelled out.

Charlotte: See Brooklyn

Bulls: I'm assuming this is a white & team name in place of city swap of one from a year or two ago. I like it, wish there was a little more black.

Mavs: Can we stop with white on grey. Not ideal.

Golden State: I actually really like this one. The colors are a nice call back to the 07 set.

Houston: See Brooklyn(?)

Clippers: Is this just a palette swap of their new navy set? It's OK otherwise.

Celtics: I hate it.

Cleveland: Its fine.

Detroit: Love the color. Not so much what it's referring to? 

Indy: See New York (I skipped a row originally)

Denver: I actually like it. I just wish they didn't force the 5280 on it.

Lakers: I feel like they've gone down hill since they moved away from it being Lore based.

Memphis: Love it.

Minnesota: See Clippers.

Phoenix: I love it.

Portland: I don't know how many ripcity uniforms we can get but it's ok. I miss the carpet uni. & the brown one.

Sacramento: At least, it doesn't say Sac-Town or some riff on that. Very nice!

Miami: See Celtics.

New York: Can we do more than color swap? Its OK but jeez.

Magic: See New York.

Sixers: See New York, but this is better. Love it.

Oklahoma: I don't know how I feel on this one. It's OK I guess.

San Antonio: See New York.

Utah: Please don't ever change.

Milwaukee: I like that it's blue, I do not know what's going on with the line. Is it supposed to be a state outline?

Toronto: Please don't ever change.

Washington: Its fine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Rare L for the Celtics 

Celtics usually have the best City jerseys (probably because Nike at least tries hard with them), but this year it may be the worse with the Hawks one. It´s not the worst looking but the reason to do it that way does not even make sense. I think last year it was done that way because they were inspired by their cort

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 12:53 PM, tantheman said:

Kings have officially unveiled their Classic Edition unis - flashback to the 2002-2008 sets. First unis for the Kings to say SACRAMENTO. No ad sponsor patch still for the team. Kings Classic Edition

spacer.png

Understandably everyone has moved on to the city editions, but this kind of thing from the Kings is another thing that annoys me in the modern jersey landscape. They're on year two of their current set, which is their fourth set of purple/black/grey in the last decade, but now they also have a throwback to a uniform they wore just 16 years ago.

I even think this is probably their best look, and I understand wanting to wear your best look, but someone please just stick to your guns. Stop mixing and matching a bunch of somewhat indistinguishable eras.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

A few years ago, the Bucks had to ditch their cream colored alts because the color messed with on-court digital ads on TV. With this new Pistons city edition, I’m guessing that issue has been solved?

As a Detroit fan, the Pistons aren't on National tv enough for the league to care if they are visible or not so maybe they gave them a pass? Lol 

• LOL 1

29 minutes ago, 5ss22 said:

I even think this is probably their best look, and I understand wanting to wear your best look, but someone please just stick to your guns. Stop mixing and matching a bunch of somewhat indistinguishable eras.

You're right about this, but at this point with the NBA it's like flogging a dead horse, I'm afraid.

---

Anyway, set aside the fact that the City program has been totally unnecessary and weak from the beginning, this year's collection is an improvement over last year and the level it's had in general.

Some thoughts:

– The Celtics' wordmark is an interesting modern twist without losing the design-language and familiarity of the classic brand

– Since we already knew the Nuggets were doing another 5280 uniform, this is actually well and properly made an effort compared to last year's lousy afterthought. It's finally also an interesting way of incorporating the otherwise frustrating rainbow motif, showing it as an elevation map gradient. Maybe tone down the jagged edges of the side panel.

– Pistons' is basically a reverse of last year's, but it's a good-looking jersey.

– Pels should've used white instead of the gold shade in the wordmark and on the trim for a better contrast and more pop.

– OKC incorporated the blue shade successfully in this year's iteration, but last year's design was better.

– The Bucks' one is on brand in contrast to some random and undefined design levity of the recent years.

– I have a feeling the Raptors' design would've looked better and the dino would've popped more on an OVO-gold shaded base.

– Rockets should've used proper black for the drop-shadow on the wordmark and the darker color on the trim for a better contrast.

– Don' get why the Clips didn't use the new version of that wordmark instead of the ugly one from the previous City preceding the redesign.

Unnecessary trash:

– WAS, IND, MIN, MIA

Not worth mentioning:

– Bulls, Mavs, Magic

I hate all of these and am completely exhausted of the NBA's jersey strategies at this point.  It's all slop that people will not stop buying because they'd rather drop a few hundred dollars on a *checks notes* Raptors 18th alternate city legacy hoops NBA2k edition jersey than put that into a retirement fund.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

20 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Nuggets, I get that shrooms are decriminalized in Denver, but y'all don't have to actually be on them when designing the new City Edition uniforms. 😵‍💫

I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I like it. Why not. The Nuggets have such a lousy brand as it is. Try a radical reinterpretation of the rainbow skyline jerseys. It's probably better than half the other terrible ideas they had, and it's better than some actual jerseys they did have.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫