24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

So how bad is this Brent Rooker guy in the outfield?  Felt like he was basically auditioning for the Phillies today, who are looking for a LF that's at least competent on defense but can hit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Has anyone done it worse?

4-time Grammy nominee?  I thought they were letting a sick kid sing it or something.  Maybe Roseanne was worse?  I don't know... this was awful.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Carl Lewis has to be in the conversation.

He wasn't a singer and it was at a regular season New Jersey Nets game, the "singer" last night somehow was nominated for 4 Grammy's!

• Like 1

Sounded like that episode of Bob's Burgers with the piano singer who's meant to be a Fiona Apple/Tori Amos parody.

Our culture has cast its lot with the major-label country-pop machine, this is what we get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luigi74 said:

He wasn't a singer and it was at a regular season New Jersey Nets game, the "singer" last night somehow was nominated for 4 Grammy's!

Cujo's question was "has anyone done it worse?" He made no mention of which sport or number of Grammy nominations.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

28 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I blame the live pitch correction a bit. It’s just such an utterly bizarre delivery.

From here on out, can the National Anthem be instrumental only? I’ve been saying this for well over a decade.

Could we limit it to the Olympics only??

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

Carl Lewis came out of the gates strong. Sang 90% of the anthem pretty darn well. And actually owned up to his flubs mid-song, knowing it had become a comedy act -- Far better than our 4-time grammy nominee.

6uXNWAo.png

5 hours ago, LMU said:

"I'll let you know how rehab is I hear it's super fun" -- Said like someone who is definitely taking this serious...

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

Has anyone done it worse?

Oh wow - that was my first time watching it.  She definitely looks hepped up on goofballs.  Speaking of goofballs, I can't tell if Alec Bohm is trying not to laugh at it at 0:44, or if that's just him being is usual goofball self.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/16/2024 at 11:57 AM, Cujo said:

Carl Lewis came out of the gates strong. Sang 90% of the anthem pretty darn well. And actually owned up to his flubs mid-song, knowing it had become a comedy act -- Far better than our 4-time grammy nominee.

Good point. I withdraw the nomination.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

13 hours ago, Dynasty said:

It's getting pretty stale seeing the American League winning this all the time now. Don't know why the National League can't keep up.

Same reason the AL couldn't keep up back in the 70s and 80s - these things are cyclical.

BB52Big.jpg