24 MLB Season Thread

Gary

The roof at Tropicana Field has been significantly damaged by Hurricane Milton. I’d like to think it gets fixed in time for the 2025 regular season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if two options are weighed—

1. Play at a minor league stadium elsewhere in Florida or surrounding state

2. The Rays finally get to play out their once wet dream of splitting a season in Montreal

40 minutes ago, Sport said:

Good trend if you're a Mets fan. 

Yeah , but that table is a little misleading on one count  - 1982. 

The Cardinals PLAYED the Brewers in that World Series (back when the Brewers were in the AL);  they had already MADE the World Series.  It's not like beating the Brewers allowed them to GET TO the World Series. 

It is what it is.

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I feel they will end up playing at the WDW ESPN Complex baseball stadium, which could probably be fixed up and modified pretty quickly for less money than fixing that roof. 

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The roof at Tropicana Field has been significantly damaged by Hurricane Milton. I’d like to think it gets fixed in time for the 2025 regular season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if two options are weighed—

2. The Rays finally get to play out their once wet dream of splitting a season in Nashville

Fixed, because MLB is neverrrr going back to Montreal. Not when untapped markets like Nashville, Charlotte and Vegas exist.

6uXNWAo.png

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

2. The Rays finally get to play out their once wet dream of splitting a season in Montreal

The most likely scenario I would think if they can't get the roof fixed in time for the season to start is that they start their season in Port Charlotte, where they have Spring Training.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sport said:

Good trend if you're a Mets fan. 

This is such a fun, quirky baseball stat!

(Less fun to me is the Cleveland franchise losing 11 consecutive elimination games heading into tonight, which is just … mathematically very hard to do?)

6fQjS3M.png

As crummily as it ended...I think that for once, the rivalry between SoCal's two NL teams is legit.

2024 was The Empire Strikes Back...2025's gonna be Return of the Jedi.

v40P3lq.png

Presented without comment:

The Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers have the first, third, and sixth largest active payrolls. And I'm pretty sure Ohtani's creatively deferred fortune only accounts for two million of that. 

The Guardians and Tigers have the 25th and 28th largest active payrolls. LOL. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

Presented without comment:

The Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers have the first, third, and sixth largest active payrolls. And I'm pretty sure Ohtani's creatively deferred fortune only accounts for two million of that. 

The Guardians and Tigers have the 25th and 28th largest active payrolls. LOL. 

The Guardians or Tigers in the LCS round are gonna be the equivalent of a Group of 5 school in the CFP. I can honestly say I'll be cheering for, whichever one of them advances, to win the World Series. Nothing worse than a World Series featuring only New York and/or LA teams.

Signed,

The other 90% of the U.S. population outside of the NYC and LA metro areas.

• Like 4
  • Meh 1
  • Eyeroll 1

well I'll be damned, they actually got good!

Diaz striking out Betts, Teoscar, and Freeman back-to-back-to-back to close it out like that is absolutely huge for him, and getting the split in Game 2 right before heading home is huge for the team in general. that said, I'd be stunned if this series didn't head back to LA regardless of result.

53Ocz8U.png