How much will you miss hockey?

OnWis97

How much willyou miss the NHL?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a very hockey-focused group.

I'm just wondering how disappointing the upcoming lockout (and fear of no season at all) are for people. For me, I'll miss the playoffs. Cannot get into the regular season too much.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll miss the NHL, but we have a couple of the best Junior franchises in the country in Ottawa and Gatineau, so we'll still see some high calibre hockey. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Binghamton played some games at the Corel Centre.

one of the traditional college powers is a TV away :hockeysmiley: that'd be the Badgers for anyone who's sleeping. that said i will miss the NHL and hope both sides get their heads outta their asses and do something to salvage the season.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the hell out of my Kings. My local hockey sucks both here and at home (see: Blades, Saskatoon and Terriers, Yorkton), so I'll really miss it. I guess I could pay more attention to the AHL and really get to know the Manchester Monarchs kids instead.

All-in-all, though, I'm one very sad Saskatchewanian... :cry:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

While I'll miss going to Wild games and following them and my Blues, I'll still have lots of hockey to actually play.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'll miss the NHL, but we have a couple of the best Junior franchises in the country in Ottawa and Gatineau, so we'll still see some high calibre hockey. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Binghamton played some games at the Corel Centre.

Gatineau sucks. GO MOOSEHEADS! :D

But yeah, junior hockey is a worthwhile distraction.

:blink::wacko:

Gatineau Olympiques:

2003-04 GP 70 W 50 L 13 T 7 OTL 0 Pts 107

Halifax Mooseheads:

2003-04 GP 70 W 17 L 43 T 7 OTL 3 Pts 44

Bettman and Goodenow, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY! YOU DID NOTHING TO PREVENT THIS. A HANDFULL OF MEETINGS BEFORE THE CBA EXPIRES? THAT IS NOT EVEN AN EFFORT TO DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THE GAME! How dare you ruin a sport which in 1993-94 was even considered by Sports Illustrated to be better than the NBA. Now, more than anything, you gave the NBA more exposure now that the NHL is out.

THANKS FOR NOTHING! LITERALLY.

(Now to break out my 250 game tapes, because that's all the hockey I'll see this season.)

BTW, how is it the when the Sharks have a great year prior to the end of the CBA, they can't build on it thanks to the NHL and NHLPA?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I love the hell out of my Kings. My local hockey sucks both here and at home (see: Blades, Saskatoon and Terriers, Yorkton), so I'll really miss it. I guess I could pay more attention to the AHL and really get to know the Manchester Monarchs kids instead.

All-in-all, though, I'm one very sad Saskatchewanian... :cry:

yep... the blades certainly do suck... as for the terriers they can never beat the millionaires so what does it matter...lol...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

BTW, how is it the when the Sharks have a great year prior to the end of the CBA, they can't build on it thanks to the NHL and NHLPA?

Ask the Montreal Expositions. They might be able to help you cope with the letdown. ^_^

That said, I'm thoroughly pissed off. I was actually looking forward to my Rangers having a bunch of excited young guys rather than a bunch of overpriced, overhyped Russian has-beens.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

:blink::wacko:

Gatineau Olympiques:

2003-04 GP 70 W 50 L 13 T 7 OTL 0 Pts 107

Halifax Mooseheads:

2003-04 GP 70 W 17 L 43 T 7 OTL 3 Pts 44

I meant in the sense that a Buffalo fan would tell a New England fan that they suck.... ^_^

Well, this makes me sad. Unlike some of you there is no minor/junior option living in northren NJ (the nearest minor league team is in treaton, 2 hours away. And the games aren't on tv as they are an echl team).

Bettman and Goodenow, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY! YOU DID NOTHING TO PREVENT THIS. A HANDFULL OF MEETINGS BEFORE THE CBA EXPIRES? THAT IS NOT EVEN AN EFFORT TO DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THE GAME! How dare you ruin a sport which in 1993-94 was even considered by Sports Illustrated to be better than the NBA. Now, more than anything, you gave the NBA more exposure now that the NHL is out.

That makes me think of a conspiricy as the NHL commish once worked for the NBA.

Overall, I have to side with players on this on a little bit. You negotiate to come to a fair agreement. The players didn't want a cap, however they said and proposed a luxury tax, something that could be just as effective (as weve seen this offseason as team didn't pay out big contracts, which shows the owners can control themselves. A luxury tax and no game missed is better than a lock-out with games missed and getting a hard cap. I don't understand why the owners won't go with a luxury tax and then try to get a hrad cap in the next CBA. That would help the game and be better for the game.

I meant in the sense that a Buffalo fan would tell a New England fan that they suck.... ^_^

Yeah, but the disparity in records was too much to let pass. :D

I don't really give a crap about the Olympiques, but they were a lot better than the 67's last year.

Archived