Playoffs Set

Pat

After seeing the newer brackets I noticed that my predictions would not be able to happen so here is my updated predictions

NFC Championship game

Atlanta over Philadelphia(Eagles choke again)

AFC Championship

Pittsburgh over San Diego

Super Bowl XXXIX

Pittsburgh over Atlanta

Pro Bowl

AFC over NFC

Signature intentionally left blank

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uhmm... can someone help me understand the unhealthy amount of man love around here for Green Bay? I legitimately dont understand it. I'd like some help.

To me, Green Bay looks like a team that will lose games 38-42 on a late, stupid INT by Farve. Thats been his MO this year. The pass D couldn't stop a 4-year old flying a kite from walking into the end zone, cause their corners are collectively seniors in high school they are so young. They make bad penalties, and dont have anyone stepping up to make plays. They switch in and out of zone and man coverage indescriminately.

This doesnt seem like a team that can get out of their first round game to me, playing against the best passing team in the NFC,

This is a team that lost to chicago, Tennesee and Jacksonville... none of which are playoff teams.

I just need a little help in figuring out why there are so many picks for them to win it all.

See this guy knows what hes talking about. GB might get past Minnesota. But Atlanta and Philly? Thats just a joke. Packers are horrible. That defense is plop and they only put up 3 pts vs. Philly. But I guess he had a bad game right? The defense didnt cause it, he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Packers have no chance at going all the way. Everyone is dumber when they say they do. I mean, the BEARS????

Hey now! If the bears beat the Lions twice, and win 2 more games, basically double their win total, they are a playoff team! I'm sick and tired of all this "Ooo...the bears won 5 games, they are so bad, they're so bad they'll get a top 10 pick, Oooo." NO MORE!

It was all a plan. Early on the bears beat the packers, but Lovie Smith, the genius that he is, foresaw a year where the NFC would be awful. He didn't want the naysayers to say, "Oh, the bears only won the superbowl this year because the NFC was down." Therefore, he brilliantly tanked the season. The Grossman injury was faked, the signing of Jeff George was a hologram, and the last loss to the Packers only insured the bears of getting a key player in the draft this year instead of a not-so key player.

The Bears are awful...suuuuuure....

Just wait til next year! Super Bowl XL Bears 97, Steelers 3

Hey now! If the bears beat the Lions twice, and win 2 more games, basically double their win total, they are a playoff team! I'm sick and tired of all this "Ooo...the bears won 5 games, they are so bad, they're so bad they'll get a top 10 pick, Oooo." NO MORE!

It was all a plan. Early on the bears beat the packers, but Lovie Smith, the genius that he is, foresaw a year where the NFC would be awful. He didn't want the naysayers to say, "Oh, the bears only won the superbowl this year because the NFC was down." Therefore, he brilliantly tanked the season. The Grossman injury was faked, the signing of Jeff George was a hologram, and the last loss to the Packers only insured the bears of getting a key player in the draft this year instead of a not-so key player.

The Bears are awful...suuuuuure....

Just wait til next year! Super Bowl XL Bears 97, Steelers 3

the funniest dayum thing I've heard in a long time, thanks for that comical relief.

Here are my Predictiions

1. Packers will not make the Super Bowl, they were in a weak NFC Central/North, anyone can get by the North.

2. No One will make the Super Bowl from the NFC West

Predictions:

NFC Wild Card Playoffs

3Packers over 6Vikings 35-17

4Seattle beats 5Rams 28-10

AFC Wild Card Playoffs

3 Indianapolis crushes 6 Denver 56-14

4 San Diego Beats 5 NY Jets 28-21

NFC Divisional

1 Philadelphia beats Seattle 31-21

2 Atlanta cruises by Packers 35-7

AFC Divisional

1 Pittsburgh eeks one by 4 San Diego by a Field Goal 24-21 in OT

2 New England barely beats 3 Indianapolis 38-35

NFC Championship Game

1 Philadelphia finally makes it to the Super Bowl with thier fourth try with a win over 2 Atlanta 27-24

AFC Championship Game

2 New England gets revenge from the loss of Pittsburgh from earlier this season and wins the AFC Championship game 42-35

Super Bowl XXXIX:

New England 38

Philadelphia 35

NFC

1-Philadelphia

2-Atlanta

3-Green Bay

4-Seattle

5-Saint Louis

6-Minnesota

AFC

1-Pittsburgh

2-New England

3-Indianapolis

4-San Diego

5-New York Jets

6-Denver

What do you think??predictions? surprises? anyone wanna make a playoff tree?

NFC

Minnesota V. GB

winner: Minnesota

Comment: despite a late season collapse, the vikes will easily take out the packers.

Seatte v. ST. Louis

winner: Seattle

comment: the rams don't belong in the playoffs and will get taken out to the woodshet by seattle.

Indy V. Denver

WInner: Indy

Comment: Manning will light up the broncos. this will be a complete blowout.

NYJ v. SD

Winner: SD

Comment: Chargers are very good, struggled a bit but will absolutely pound a severely overrated jets team.

im not sure how the seeding works so im guessing:

Minny V. Philly

Winner: Philly

Seattle V. Atlanta

Winner: Seattle

SD v. Pitt

Winner: SD

Indy V. NE

Winner: NE

NFC

Seattle V. Philly

Winner: Seattle

AFC

NE V. SD

Winner: NE

Super bowl

Seattle v. NE

winner: NE

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

The Packers will coast to the Super Bowl.

GB over PHI

AFC: NE over Pit

Super Bowl

NE over Green Bay.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Uhmm... can someone help me understand the unhealthy amount of man love around here for Green Bay? I legitimately dont understand it. I'd like some help.

To me, Green Bay looks like a team that will lose games 38-42 on a late, stupid INT by Farve. Thats been his MO this year. The pass D couldn't stop a 4-year old flying a kite from walking into the end zone, cause their corners are collectively seniors in high school they are so young. They make bad penalties, and dont have anyone stepping up to make plays. They switch in and out of zone and man coverage indescriminately.

This doesnt seem like a team that can get out of their first round game to me, playing against the best passing team in the NFC,

This is a team that lost to chicago, Tennesee and Jacksonville... none of which are playoff teams.

I just need a little help in figuring out why there are so many picks for them to win it all.

No sarcasm intended in this post - :D

No, I can't tell you why there's such love for the Packers. After Favre, there's really no reason for the love. The rest of the NFC has serious holes, so I'm guessing that people are just wishing well for Brett.

I'm not seeing it, though. Of course, I have no prediction at all about who will advance out of the NFC. Philly has issues on both sides of the ball, Atlanta is schizo depending on how well Vick plays, GB/Minn can't stop anyone, and Seattle/St. Louis are barely over .500.

It's where I sit.

For those picking Minnesota over Green Bay (or Denver over Indy), the 6th seed would then play the 1st seed. So, Minnesota would face Philadeplphia in the second round, not Atlanta (Denver would face Pittsburgh, not New England).

It's where I sit.

AFC:

Wild Card

Chargers over Jets

Colts over Broncos

Divisional Playoffs

Colts over Steelers

Patriots over Chargers

AFC Championship

Patriots over Colts

NFC:

Wild Card

Seahawks over Rams

Packers over Vikings

Divisional Playoffs

Falcons over Packers

Eagles over Seahawks

NFC Championship

Eagles over Falcons

Super Bowl:

New England 24, Philadelphia 21 - Adam Vinatieri get GW FG...again!

For those Charger fans, San Di-Ego Super Char-gers And to think I thought Chris Berman was making that up! :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

****MY PREDICTIONS****

AFC

Chargers over Jets 27-7

Colts over Broncos 42-16

Patriots over Colts 24-17

Chargers over Steelers 30-29 (35 yard field goal wins it for SD)

Patriots over Chargers 27-16

NFC

Minnesota over Green Bay 19-17

Seattle over St. Louis 21-3

Philly over Minnesota 17-10

Seattle over Atlanta 32-14

Seattle over Philly 10-7

SUPERBOWL XXXIX

Patriots over Seattle 17-16 (Vinatari does it again!)

I think that the Chargers will be the surprise team, but get shot down in a 27-16 loss to the Patriots. Seattle will also be a surprise team, but lose in Superbowl XXXIX to the Patriots on a 27 yard field goal by Adam Vinatari.

These are just my predictions for fun. I don't plan to start any fights.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

While everything says that Indy will crush Denver, and on paper there's no way the Broncos match up... the game is going to be played on turf, and for some reason I think that one of the Broncos' all-too-few stars will step up and make it a close game. Maybe Droughns, maybe Bailey, or (in what would be the shock of the century) Plummer.

Disclaimer: The fact that I'm a Broncos fan has not played into this at all. Well... okay, it's the only reason I wrote this. Broncos Super Bowl Run '04-'05!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

AFC

chargers over jets

colts over broncos

chargers over steelers

colts over pats

colts over chargers

NFC

seahawks over rams

vikings over the (over rated) packers

vikings beat a eagles team without TO

falcons over the seahawks

falcons over the vikings

SUPER BOWL

peyton manning is the next dan marino in more ways then one. in his only super bowl apperence he is beat by a team wearing red.

I will

beet.jpg

you for using that word wrong!

BEAT!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

well yes, gb and minnisota are not good. however they play each other, so the awful-ness cancelles out. the vikings got in despite the fact that they lost their last game. i think they are motivated enough to at least beat gb to prove that they belong in the playoffs. as for seattle, well they blew a sure win at home to the rams, and i think they will be determend to make sure that dosnt happen again. however i think the seahwks are done after there one win. as for the vikings and eagles? well i cant see the eagles winning this season without TO. after they get by teh eagles however, they fall to the only remaning superpower in teh nfc- the falcons.

well yes, gb and minnisota are not good. however they play each other, so the awful-ness cancelles out. the vikings got in despite the fact that they lost their last game. i think they are motivated enough to at least beat gb to prove that they belong in the playoffs. as for seattle, well they blew a sure win at home to the rams, and i think they will be determend to make sure that dosnt happen again. however i think the seahwks are done after there one win. as for the vikings and eagles? well i cant see the eagles winning this season without TO. after they get by teh eagles however, they fall to the only remaning superpower in teh nfc- the falcons.

remember that the Eagles have 8 other Pro Bowlers not named TO.

Archived