Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

amare32

In accordance of this ground breaking idea I would no longer liked to be known as GMac... but Regina GMac of my mom's Womb... and i wish to be reffered to as such... thank you and dont use my real name...

Regina Gmac of my Mom's womb?

You mean you're my long lost half brother?

Oh you mean your Mom's womb--not my Mom... :D

signed Stampman fan of the Calgary Stampeders of Calgary

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"It's geographically confusing and absurd," Nicoletti said. "No other professional sports franchise that I know of has two different cities in its names."

- espn.com 01/03/05

New York/New Jersey Metrostars

New York/New Jersey Hitmen

New York/New Jersey WLAF team

Kansas City/Omaha Kings

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

you think the website will change to THELOSANGELESANGELSOFANAHEIM.COM? ^_^

holy hell!!! they are changing it to that :shocked:

wow thats about as long as many words are in German!

I saw a phone number in the Smokies in Tennessee

1-800-THE MOUNTAINS

Well it looked big on the sign.

http://thelosangelesangelsofanaheim.com/

THere was another picture I was going to post but the 'F' word was in the link address :D

loseangelslong.ebay.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

1-800-THE MOUNTAINS

flufflosangels.ebay.jpg

loseangelslong.ebay.jpg

If I were an Angel fan, I'd buy this shirt.

jonessbtacklestl.jpg

Football, The Game Of Inches.

Yup..how many inches does the wad of money have to be to cheat in the Super Bowl..

That's right..half a decade later..I still think the Titans won that game.

Elaborate...

Anyways, as for this Angels thing...DUMB.

I don't mind a team from a major city that has their stadium in a small city keeping the major cities name. However, this is stupid for two reasons.

1. Using both the major city and the small city is just stupid.

2. Anaheim is no longer just a small city. It may not have the status of LA or NY, but I think you could call it a major city now.

why can't they just use California Angels. i never liked the "anaheim" angels, i start to think about those disasterious periwinkle uniforms that i hated. thankfully good taste prevailed and they went red with Halo Å. i can't see why they just can't use California Angels.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

why can't they just use California Angels.  i never liked the "anaheim" angels, i start to think about those disasterious periwinkle uniforms that i hated.  thankfully good taste prevailed and they went red with Halo Å.  i can't see why they just can't use California Angels.

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Fransisco

Oakland

All of those cities are in California and already have a team. It would be wrong for the Angels to claim it's market as being all of California when all of these cities claim parts of the California market.

I know it has been done in the past, but that doesn't make it right.

This time, my suggestion may be the best one, only this time, just for the team name and not the city.

Gentlemen, I present my proposed team name:

ANGELS!

That is all.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1-800-THE MOUNTAINS

flufflosangels.ebay.jpg

loseangelslong.ebay.jpg

If I were an Angel fan, I'd buy this shirt.

I am an Angels fan, and I am so buying that shirt!

VmWIn6B.png

why can't they just use California Angels.  i never liked the "anaheim" angels, i start to think about those disasterious periwinkle uniforms that i hated.  thankfully good taste prevailed and they went red with Halo Å.  i can't see why they just can't use California Angels.

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Fransisco

Oakland

All of those cities are in California and already have a team. It would be wrong for the Angels to claim it's market as being all of California when all of these cities claim parts of the California market.

The Golden State Warriors

The Texas Rangers

The Florida Marlins

are 3 examples of teams that have other Major sports franchises in the state that are also represented in their respective sports by other teams (Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Astros, Devil Rays). Your argument doesnt hold water.

metslogo_215.gif

why can't they just use California Angels.   i never liked the "anaheim" angels, i start to think about those disasterious periwinkle uniforms that i hated.  thankfully good taste prevailed and they went red with Halo Å.  i can't see why they just can't use California Angels.

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Fransisco

Oakland

The Texas Rangers

The Florida Marlins

are 3 examples of teams that have other Major sports franchises in the state that are also represented in their respective sports by other teams (Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Astros, Devil Rays). Your argument doesnt hold water.

It hasn't been done since the Florida Panthers, but with so many franchises in existance, it's stupid to represent a state with at least another franchise in it.

VmWIn6B.png

The Texas Rangers

The Florida Marlins

That doesn't mean my arguement doesn't hold water, that means 3 or more teams are stupid.

Actually, I can't say this rule should always be followed. Here's a couple of times it's okay.

1. If the team used the state name prior to the inception of other teams in that state.

2. If the state name is really needed to make the name work. (ex. Texas Rangers and maybe even Florida Panthers)

"It's geographically confusing and absurd," Nicoletti said. "No other professional sports franchise that I know of has two different cities in its names."

- espn.com 01/03/05

New York/New Jersey Metrostars

New York/New Jersey Hitmen

New York/New Jersey WLAF team

Kansas City/Omaha Kings

There was also the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks

rangersCBSig.gif

This is so unbelievablly stupid and the city of Anaheim still plans to sue., because it violates a lease agreement.

Well, it remains to be seen whether the name the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" violates the lease agreement. It depends on how good the city's lawyers were in drafting the provision.

If the lease provides that the name of the ballclub shall refer to "Anaheim," then I think the Angels win. The new name still refers to Anaheim.

If the lease provides that the name of the ballclub shall be the "Anaheim Angels" and shall refer to no other geographic area, then I think the Angels lose.

And even in that second scenario, the question is: what's the remedy?

If the lease provides for injunctive relief -- i.e., an order from the court that the club may refer to itself only as the "Anaheim Angels" -- that's the best scenario for the city.

If the lease instead provides for liquidated damages -- i.e., payment by the club to the city of an amount equal to the city's investment in the renovations or some other stipulated amount -- or for damages in an amount to be proven at trial, then I think the Angels have to make a business decision as to whether the advertising advantages of being the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" outweigh the damages for which they'll be liable. In that case, I think you're likely to see an out-of-court settlement.

My billable rate is $210/hour, but for you guys that unsolicited legal opinion* is rendered gratis. Enjoy.

* - The foregoing legal opinion is for entertainment purposes only and should not be relied upon in any manner whatsoever. Amare32 is not licensed to practice in the State of California. Persons interested in the foregoing matter should contact an attorney licensed to practice in the State of California.

Archived