Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

amare32

How about this one...

"The New York Football Giants of Giants Stadium of East Rutherford, New Jersey"

Sounds good. Print out the t-shirts!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget:

The New York Yankees of the Bronx formerly the Baltimore Orioles of Maryland.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

PURELY STUPID. Anaheim must feel they've been betrayed. When the Angels took the Anaheim name, they felt they hit the map and didn't need LA's help now. Now this? WTF? So how are they to designate themselves? LAAOA? That can barely fit in team schedules. The worst part is when everyone uses LA. And what about graphics? You can barely fit the of Anaheim part. I sense that its going to be dropped eventually. But crap Selig, WTF is that crap about?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

This is crazy IMO. Shows a real lack of leadership in baseball. What is Selig doing allowuing this kind of thing. It could well be the thin end of the qwedge, what happens when someone wants to include a sponsors name, you could get the st Louis Cardinal presented by Budweiser or whatever. Surely the MLB had to allow this? Poor show from Selig IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This is crazy IMO. Shows a real lack of leadership in baseball. What is Selig doing allowuing this kind of thing. It could well be the thin end of the qwedge, what happens when someone wants to include a sponsors name, you could get the st Louis Cardinal presented by Budweiser or whatever. Surely the MLB had to allow this? Poor show from Selig IMO.

But how much authority does Selig really have in a matter like this? If a team wants to alter its name, do they have to get some sort of approval from MLB? I can see the need for approval if there was an identity change, but the Angels are still the Angels. I'm guessing this is a decision that was up to Moreno and Moreno alone.

But I could be wrong.

Ultimately, I doubt they'll be allowed to keep that moniker, and I could see them paying off the city of Anaheim and using "Los Angeles Angels".

In which case, Los Angeles would have to do what New York does now with the abbreviations for the schedules and scores and such. the Yankess are NYY and the Mets are NYM, so I could see the Dodgers being LAD and the Angels LAA.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim...i'll just stick with Angels, it's shorter.

Discrim, supporter of the Milwaukee Bucks of Milwaukee :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The city of Anaheim will file a lawsuit to block the name change and hopes to obtain a temporary restraining order in place this week, city spokesman John Nicoletti said.

Anaheim officials believe the change violates the terms of the team's 33-year lease with the city.

"It's geographically confusing and absurd," Nicoletti said. "No other professional sports franchise that I know of has two different cities in its names."

- espn.com 01/03/05

(Sorry if it was already posted

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The city of Anaheim will file a lawsuit to block the name change and hopes to obtain a temporary restraining order in place this week, city spokesman John Nicoletti said.

Anaheim officials believe the change violates the terms of the team's 33-year lease with the city.

"It's geographically confusing and absurd," Nicoletti said. "No other professional sports franchise that I know of has two different cities in its names."

- espn.com 01/03/05

(Sorry if it was already posted

I figured this was coming.

metslogo_215.gif

Archived