New England Field Design

paynomind

What the hell was the slide-rule looking thing at midfield, near the sidelines in the game today at New England? It didnt have any words. Is that a profile of the stadium or something?

Looking for photos....

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Oops.

I didnt know what to search for, to find if there was a thread about this already. My bad.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

for some reason i thought this was going to be about the grass between the center hash marks being a different color. Di they re sod it or where the heating coils underneath there?

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

Are you guys just noticing this? It's been on the field for 4 or 5 years. At least ever since the Pats have played there.

this is only the second or third season gillette stadium has been open.

Are you guys just noticing this? It's been on the field for 4 or 5 years. At least ever since the Pats have played there.

this is only the second or third season gillette stadium has been open.

Fine. It has been on the field for three years. My question still stands.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I think it's kinda cool, I like when teams have stadium logos on the field, kinda adds a personal touch. I dunno why the Cowboys took off the Texas Stadium logo, I thought that looked great. And so did the old Foxboro logo. I hope they keep this one. And going along with field art, I'm glad the Steelers finally painted the rest of their friggin field. Screw Wanni and his Panthers. :D

wasnt the gillette stadium logo big, like REALLY BIG last year on the field? i seem to remember it being so for some reason.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Gillette Stadium bridge/lighthouse logo on the field is horrible. The people on this board who didn't know what it was is proof positive that it's a stupid logo to put on the field. If you incorporated like "Gillette Field" into the logo (yeah I know, u can't put corporate names on the field) it would make more sense. But it just looks like some sorta abstract design, that has no purpose on the field. Plus, it's gray with no outline...bad idea, it just looks like it doesn't belong there, like someone spilled gray paint on the 50...ugh

I think it's kinda cool, I like when teams have stadium logos on the field, kinda adds a personal touch. I dunno why the Cowboys took off the Texas Stadium logo, I thought that looked great. And so did the old Foxboro logo. I hope they keep this one. And going along with field art, I'm glad the Steelers finally painted the rest of their friggin field. Screw Wanni and his Panthers. :D

That logo was never around anywhere but the field. It was pretty basic, however it gave those who never were there a silouette of the stadium. Since Kraft and Jones had issues with NFL properties and bought teams during the same time, it is easy to see that they acted similarly. Those logos were mearly identical! As for Pittsburgh, I know that the WPIAL prep championship is played there. Possibly not a reason to "Notre Dame" endzones, but look at the issues Raymond Janes has with USF and the Bucs during the same weekend with a grass field.

Texas Stadium went to "Real Grass by Sportfield" in early in the 2002 season, following the home game verses the Titans, a road game, and I think a bye week too. They were the first ones to have that specific brand. Since the vote for the Arlington stadium was passed, I am pretty sure that a Texas Stadium logo will not be on the field for the life of the stadium. Jerry Jones paid for the turf, which is also at their Valley Ranch HQ, however the city of Irving owns owns the property, but not sure about stadium operations. When the Cowboys leave Irving, the city is in talks with nearby owners of property, notably the University of Dallas about its space's future.

Archived