Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

So we all expected a big, exciting uniform unveiling... and all we got was an AUDIO unveiling of a logo, and the news that the new uniforms will be "revolutionary" (which clearly means awful).

Disappointing, to say the least.

well it's going to be totally different from the one's they have now. But what someone has told me you will be shocked. But that's all I can say

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've had a chance to settle down a little, I think I may have an explanation as to why we didn't see a jersey unveiling today.

Super. Bowl. Week.

Historically, the NFL has had a policy about its teams not announcing major changes (i.e. coaching changes) during the period leading up to the Super Bowl. Maybe that's the case here?

Just a thought.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Now that I've had a chance to settle down a little, I think I may have an explanation as to why we didn't see a jersey unveiling today.

Super. Bowl. Week.

Historically, the NFL has had a policy about its teams not announcing major changes (i.e. coaching changes) during the period leading up to the Super Bowl. Maybe that's the case here?

Just a thought.

I also wondered why it was scheduled for this week. The NFL doesn't want a franchise like the Cardinals stealing the thunder from it's 2 Superbowl teams.

Super. Bowl. Week.

Just a thought.

You could look at it that way, but with so much focus on the NFL and the Super Bowl, I think today would have been the perfect day to unveil the uniforms. It would have given the Cardinals more exposure than they would have had the uniforms been unveiled in the spring.

I saw, I came, I left.

If that were the case, why unveil the logo at all? It's still a major announcement from an individual team, right? Why not just hold off until after the Super Bowl?

This was a public relations clusterfuc&... plain and simple.

Perhaps Pro Bowl Week should've been better, if the word is that their players will wear the logo in Hawaii. And since the uniforms aren't coming out...

LET THE CONCEPTS BEGIN!!!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Perhaps Pro Bowl Week should've been better, if the word is that their players will wear the logo in Hawaii. And since the uniforms aren't coming out...

LET THE CONCEPTS BEGIN!!!

The Cardinals probably have no idea what they're doing for uniforms yet, and have been watching this board just waiting for someone to say that so they can steal-I mean leverage some ideas!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You guys are so [lisp]sensitive[/lisp].... They never said that they were unveiling the uniforms, many teams unveil their uniforms well after a logo change, especially with the next season so far off (hell, this season isn't even over).

Hell, as badly as everyone wants these uniforms to kick ass, we should be begging for them to take their time, coordinate things with NFL and Reebok, and make sure things end up alright.

Did they update the jerseys too or just the logo? if so and i didnt see it cause iw as too lazy to look at the other posts, can anyone show it?

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

There's a very nice video presentation showing the new logo:

Click for Video of Logo Introduction

Shows the new wordmark as well.

Very nice video, and while the wordmark is very similar to the Texans, Falcons, Bengals, etc. it's still not too bad. I can live with it. The helmet, meh, I always liked the old logo with a gray facemask, but somehow, this just doesn't look right. Red would be better.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Archived