Arizona Cardinals to Unveil New Uni's on Thursday

Stronso

I do see what he's talking about. All look kinda similar.

I don't think they look similar at all. Compare the letters A and S (they're used by all four of the teams). They're completely distinct.

Similar format though. Just change the colors and font, and it's the exact same thing. New trend's having smaller city name in one color over larger team name in another color.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised.

When has a team unveiled their new logo AND uniforms before the next season before the current season hasn't even finished yet.

I don't think it's the Cards organizational fault... they were officially unveiling their new identity. Maybe someone misunderstood that identity really just means a logo and not the uniforms.

Plus you leave way too much time for Madden 2006 to screw the unis up. I hope to god they don't keep the Broncos numbers on the Bengals'uniforms.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

A different look at the helmet and wordmark, and a hat worn by Josh McCown.

cardhelmet.jpg

wordmark2.jpg

cardshat.jpg

That logo looks great on a white helmet, but it just doesn't go with a grey facemask. I guess they let him keep the grey mask because they 1) haven't decided on the final helmet design or 2) just simply didn't want to leak it out before the full set became released.

CardinalsCOncept.gif

If they throw in gray to the color scheme, I'll be fine with the gray facemask. Otherwise, they need to change it.

Anyway, here's an image with the new wordmark partially visible.

apbirdstory.jpg

I tried getting a screen capture of the image from the video, but the image isn't showing up.

If Bidwell is saying that they uni's are going to be a cross between the Pats and Bucs, the number could be white with a black pinline and a silver outline.

The fonts are certainly different, but they all have those sharp little jutting serifs (They're the new hotness!)

The Cards is similiar to the Seahawks, which is similar to the Texans. The Falcons is similar to the Texans. The Falcons rather look like they cribbed the font from BATMAN FOREVER with some minor changes.

So even though they're not the same, they are certainly not distinct enough that the NFL should have allowed them all.

The Falcons script is garbage IMO. The funny part is, they had a cool looking script from '97 to '02 but it didn't quite match up with the old school look. Then, they went to the new jerseys which would have worked OK with that newer-old script. But they tossed it in favor of this current boring and ill-fitting wordmark.

forumbanner-bno.jpg

Also, I approve of the Cardinals' grey facemask. I don't like the Colts addition of grey facemasks because it was too gimmicky. I don't care for it on the Giants because I can't condone their (re)addition of grey to the scheme in the first place.

But, with the Cards, its been there for so long that it just wouldn't seem right without it (at least on a white helmet).

forumbanner-bno.jpg

"I've been in Reno for six weeks. Did I miss anything?" -Krusty

So what's this about someone getting a new logo? :rolleyes:

Yeah a thread with over 520 replies and nearly 24 000 hits in four days isn't really all that important ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I am not a fan of the grey facemask. I think a white mask would make for a very clean look. Someone mentioned U of Texas and I think that is a good example. The logo on a white helmet with white facemask would be excellent. The grey just doesn't need to be there anymore. Just because in the "olde dayes" they had to use grey doesn't mean they should anymore when it is not a team color. Bugs me on Indy (looks like crap compared to the blue or white they had before) and on the Giants.

And I would hate to see the Cardinals add silver as a color. They need to use the 3 colors they already have: Cardinal red, Black and YELLOW. Yellow, not gold, is being seriously underused in the NFL (Chargers, Packers, Chiefs, Steelers) If used as a piping or trim color with the black, it could really work, and it is already in the logo.

That video was all fluff. They make the Cardinals look like they are the Green Bay Packers or something, like they've had some kind of storied, successful franchise. What a bunch o' crap. I don't have the stats in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that they have one of the losingest francises in NFL history and will probably continue that tradition for years and years to come. Plus the fact that they've played in about 8 different cities. They even showed the scoreboard when they won a wild card birth. Whoopiddy friggin' doo.

By the way, I checked my sources and the Cardinals have THE worst winning percentage in NFL history.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

Here is a cards helmet that actually looks good...

az-helmet.jpg

ahhh.. the power of photoshop... it can fix any atrocity.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That video was all fluff. They make the Cardinals look like they are the Green Bay Packers or something, like they've had some kind of storied, successful franchise. What a bunch o' crap. I don't have the stats in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that they have one of the losingest francises in NFL history and will probably continue that tradition for years and years to come. Plus the fact that they've played in about 8 different cities. They even showed the scoreboard when they won a wild card birth. Whoopiddy friggin' doo.

By the way, I checked my sources and the Cardinals have THE worst winning percentage in NFL history.

... and for a franchise that has been around for over a century, that's really something

I saw, I came, I left.

suprised I havent heard about the red mask from King...

;)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The more I think about the promise of a "revolutionary" change to the uniforms the more I have to wonder about whether they're considering a gold home jersey for their September and October home dates. After all, they did move to a slightly darker shade for the beak color and took deliberate care to point this fact out. Now, this wouldn't be an "alternate" jersey so to speak, but an official "dark" jersey which would be worn during the first half of the season with the red one being worn in November and December. I realize that the NFL has restrictions on alternate jerseys but perhaps theirs a loophole if they can designate more than two jerseys to be "primaries" based upon weather conditions. Yeah, it's a farfetched notion but one I thought I'd share nonetheless.

That would be really cool - didn't some baseball teams in the best have different jerseys for the seasons? Like... a summer and fall outfit or something? I could be talking about minor leagues, or be totally off base. Regardless, I think that'd be a nice idea. I could see... say the Giants wearing the Red until the end of October and switching over to blue when November hits.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

NFL.com updated their banner:

hdr-home.gif

It's so small, that it's hard for most people to tell that it's changed. --------------------------------------------^

And in case anyone's interested, I put the story up on my site this morning:

Arizona Cardinals Unveil New Logo

And as far as Art's angry rant against the video and the Cardinals themselves - well, sure. The Cardinals have sucked. And have sucked a LOT. And, there's not a whole lot we Cardinal fans can hang our hat on. This is not debatable. However, the team is trying to win over fans and turn the image around, so of course they're going to make an attempt to make the club look more appealing. It's called marketing, and I'm just glad that they're trying for once.

PANTONE, couldn't help but notice that you have the new avatar...and I think the placement of the mark is off. If you look at the helmet picture above, it appears that the cardinals is more upright than horizontal.

Could just be me and my 20/450 eyesight....

Cards.png

Archived