They're gonna put me on the radio

CC97

You could also mention how some leagues and teams have had new identites created for them by members here, and also because they found designers here (Hardin County Wolverines, for example).

Mention how we have become a "cadre" by Paul Lukas' Uni-Watch column on ESPN.com.

You could even name drop some of the more premier designers & firms, like Joe Bosack, flynnagain, et al who drop by now and again for critiques.

The IHA incident would be a good thing to talk about, as it changed the way many of us present our own work now.

And it would be worth noting the friendships that have developed for many of the members here, even with mini-conventions breaking out across the continent :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it would be worth noting the friendships that have developed for many of the members here, even with mini-conventions breaking out across the continent :)

and around the world :) .... ok eventually....

I saw, I came, I left.

Mention how Sterling developed the Moose logo here.

...uh...

The Official Manitoba Moose 3rd Jersey/Logo Contest

:therock:

Sorry Pantone, I thought of that after I made the post.

Chris, it would be cool if you could talk about the Moose logo, and say that a CCSLB member created it for the SSUR contest. Mentioning the SSUR might be a way to point out other sports-related websites and forums that focus on logos and uniforms, illustrating the number of people interested in those subjects.

Make sure you mention how odd it is that Calgary has embraced the black flaming C of the Calgary Flames considering that fire is never black.

:devil:

Make sure you mention how the Calgary Demons of Hockey North America have the best rec hockey logo that you've ever seen come out of Calgary.

:woot:

demonswm.gif

Hockey North America? And they didn't steal your logo and use it for other teams? Colour me shocked.

Anyway, Chris, a slow news day in Calgary, eh? ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

... mentioning sterling's moose logo is a great idea -- if he tells me  his real name i'll mention it :)

I think his name is Dave, man. ;)

I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read that :D

ON TOPIC - Do you want to address logo theft? Not in the sense of why you don't have vector graphics on the site (that would go over the heads of nearly anyone listening), but in terms of "borrowing" logos (ala the Cincinnati Marshals). Without naming names, of course.

You mean, names like the Milton Marauders? :cursing:

nav-logo.png

You could discuss that night you had in New Liskard with those French-Canadian chicks. :P

Seriously though, relax. You aren't going to drive your appearance there - the hosts are. You might be able to spin around to a topic or two that you might want to touch on, but for the most part, you'll be basically answering their questions only.

But if you do try to touch on something specific, you might want to hit on the cloak-and-dagger nature that the release of new sports logos has taken on, and why things have become that way.

nav-logo.png

No matter what you say on air, if you ever have to refer to your hometown always remember to call it "The 'Shwa".

Don't know why I thought that was funny in my head, but I know my friends and I would get a kick out of it if we heard it on the radio.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I'd make sure to bone up on the Flames and Stamps. The Flames changed their unis and went to the Cup, so that is certainly worth noting. The Stamps started having about 500 different versions of their uniform a little while back (i.e. introducing gold and drop shadow numbers in a blatant 49ers ripoff), and they have sucked ever since.

But yeah, other key points: new CFL uniforms, the all-time best and all-time worst sports uniforms... just more general stuff. It may be hard for us to believe, but there are probably a large number of people in the world who aren't pulling their hair out because the Cardinals are still using a gray facemask.

No matter what you say on air, if you ever have to refer to your hometown always remember to call it "The 'Shwa".

Don't know why I thought that was funny in my head, but I know my friends and I would get a kick out of it if we heard it on the radio.

it's an Oshawa thing, I would get such a kick Chris if you said that ont he air. Better yet. the Dirty, Dirty 'Shwa. Make us happy.

Honestly, Oshawa is a dirty, dirty city...you gotta work for the city governement to really see it. It's not good enough to be called Oshawa, it's only worthy of 'Shwa :D

Chris

please discuss the rampant over useage of "black" in all pro leagues

and how it is truly unnecessary. Particularly for me

siting the Mets and Royals who really messed with a good thing.

And let them know that no one down here wanted the Lightning to win,

we were all rooting for he Flames.

It goes without saying that this is a great opportunity to beat up on the ABA and their overwhelming storehouse of teams with disastrously unimaginative and poorly executed logos. Ditto for some of the minor league arena football teams. Use it as a chance to plug your site and its affiliate communities as thriving laboratories for designers capable of producing high quality identities and branding for organizations that might not necessarily realize that they can get a dynamite logo for a relatively fair price.

And, of course, the icing on the cake would be to close out your appearance with a marriage proposal to Tricia.

yeah bring up how a crack CCSLB mod caught the cincinnati marshalls with their hands in the cookie jar and got 2 free hats from WWU athletics for his "vigilance"... woooooooooooo....lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

yeah bring up how a crack CCSLB mod caught the cincinnati marshalls with their hands in the cookie jar and got 2 free hats from WWU athletics for his "vigilance"... woooooooooooo....lol

Hmm, the loog cops--yeah--that's the ticket!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived