Brewers break out the throwbacks

Sec19Row53

In a turn back to 1978 game, the Brewers have their m-b glove logo on, as well as the rest of their 1978 uniform.  They're being joined in the festivities by the Pirates in all yellow, plus pill box hat.

Local TV also is using the old logo in their graphics.

It's where I sit.

They totally screwed up those Brewers jerseys! There shouldn't be an M-B logo on either sleeve. You'd think with all of the research materials out there they'd have done a better job double-checking their accuracy. Also, if the players don't wear the high socks or ultra-stretched stirrups, they really don't look too authentically styled to me.  Glad they at least remembered not to put names on the backs of the jerseys (even though the #11 on Sexson's back was totally disproportioned, it looked way too small).

Also, if they wanted to be completely accurate for the Pirates, they wore mustard yellow helmets with black visors. Didn't watch the game long enough to see what they did for the Brewers helmets, but I did see Eddie Perez in royal blue catcher's equipment (a rarity for TBC games)...

QPR%20Sig.png

Also, if they wanted to be completely accurate for the Pirates, they wore mustard yellow helmets with black visors. Didn't watch the game long enough to see what they did for the Brewers helmets, but I did see Eddie Perez in royal blue catcher's equipment (a rarity for TBC games)...

The Brewer helmets were also authentically wrong.  They wore royal blue m-b batting helmets last night.  In real-life, I don't think that they ever wore that style.  The home batting helmet had a white panel behind the m-b.

In an on-line poll during the game, 94% of respondents favored a return of the m-b glove logo.  Darren Sutton, Brewer TV announcer, said maybe they'd have to consider that as a special Sunday uniform for next year.

PS - How about that Randall Simon, huh? ???

It's where I sit.

The stuff the Brewers have now: logos, colors, scripts, uniforms, is excellent.  The MB glove logo has nothing to do with the name Brewers, so they shouldn't make it the main logo, but if they wanted to they could make it an alt logo or something, or put it on the sleeves.

To be great, the Brewers need to get a MILWAUKEE script for the roadies, and replace the underline streak thingy on the scripts with the wheat stalk.  If you turn it so the wheat tips are on the left, there is a nice little "hidden M".  It's sideways, but you can see it better than if it's turned the other way.

The Brewer helmets were also authentically wrong. They wore royal blue m-b batting helmets last night. In real-life, I don't think that they ever wore that style. The home batting helmet had a white panel behind the m-b.

In an on-line poll during the game, 94% of respondents favored a return of the m-b glove logo. Darren Sutton, Brewer TV announcer, said maybe they'd have to consider that as a special Sunday uniform for next year.

PS - How about that Randall Simon, huh? ???

well not with that particular jersey, but i think in the late 80s they began wearing an all blue batting helmet instead of the one with the white panel (whenever they dumped the gold-panel hats)...and then i remember a few years ago before throwbacks were cool, i used to wear a replica of said hat every now and then.  complete with the replica mesh back :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I heard Randal Simon got arrested for tripping the sausages lol!

appasrently the police gave him a grilling :D

(sound of large groan from uni freaks across the globe!!)

Simon is an idiot.

Everyone knows it's against the law to flog the sausage in public!  Look what happened to Pee Wee Herman!!!

I mean it was Really stupid, but he was just tryin to be jovial, but the weight of those heads i guess is tremendous, and she scraped her knee.

I really hope they dont fall into the 'retro' trend. as much as i love the brew, and the glove logo, that current team, as much as they beat up my lowly twinkies, dont deserve to wear that logo.  

i wouldent be against then using it, recolored as an alt. but they did a great job with the new concept, get milwaukee script on the grays, and blammo... great set.

I gots to disagree on the whole "Don't go back to the ball and glove" thing.

I mean, all of your comments make sense.  Retro is overdone, the Brewers look now is classy and more appropriate to the name.  

True.  True.  But we also look like everyone else now.  I live 2 miles from Miller Park.  I've been to a million Brewer games and I can tell you that the MB never REALLY left.  People in the crowd just kept wearing it.  We may have a going nowhere franchise but the fans just drink a couple o' dozen cold ones and remember the wallbangers.  

It doesn't help that the initial identity change threw in green and was crap.  It took them, what?  8 or 9 years and 3 changes to get to this??  

Plus, it's all too tied into Miller Brewing...similar fonts etc.  I mean, it's good.  But the team is ridiculous and there is no connection to anything they put on the field now.  They've curtailed tailgating, screwed season ticket holders out of all-star seats and traded away an all-star teams worth of good drafting.  

The MB is just morphine that makes us drift back to a time when baseball was fun.  It's the only cap I still have.  They should totally bring it back.

Besides, they got rid of Bernie's Keg...how much more relevant to the team name could you get?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Sterling84 Posted on July 11 2003,12:53

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MB is just morphine that makes us drift back to a time when baseball was fun.  It's the only cap I still have.  They should totally bring it back.

Mmmmmmmmmm.......... morphine!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived