Vikings to get unis?

Lumbergh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pantone I know you usually here about these things first could it be true? Please tell me the helmet will be left alone! The fact that you need to notify the league of uni changes two years in advance leads me to believe this rumor could be false seeing that McCombs was still there at the end of 2005 and I doubt that Wilf would be following through with his ideas and I also find it hard to believe that McCombs would spend money on the uni's. If this is Wilf putting his stamp on the team it would'nt be coming into effect next season.

I don't have ANY info on this at all...

[sargentschultz]I know NOTHING!!!!![/sargentschultz]

^_^

I'm late to the show, but I can kinda back this claim up about the new uni's. Some guy called into the local station (KFAN) on Tuesday and said his marketing company does work with the Vikings, and they have indeed been contacted about new and/or alternates for 2006.

He also indicated (like the thread starter) that black was an added color. He said something about black outlines ala the Lions. A revamped or new logo Possibly purple road pants, circa the 1970's.

I was ready to dismiss it as rumor too, but the host of the show is Vikings radio PBP guy Paul Allen, and he agreed with the caller saying he too has heard this at Winter Park, so who knows. Guess we'll probably know more around draft time, when most teams unveil new jerseys or logos.

If the Vikings add black they will immediately go to the top of my "hated, they don't exist anymore" teams:

1. Ravens (screwed the city of Cleveland)

2. Lions (added black to a great uniform and ruined it)

3. Dolphins (added navy to agreat uniform and ruined it)

4. Bengals (just plain horrible)

5. Bills (added navy, nickle, and ruined a decent uni)

Personally, as much as I hate purple and the damn vikings, they shouldn't change a thing. Hell, none of the NFC north teams should've done anything to their uniforms. Ever since Millen decided to ruin a fine uniform, it seems like the last bastions of tradition are falling.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd just like to see them go back to the large horn logo on the helmets:

capture.JPG

now in this picture doesn't it look like their is a yellow outline on the numbers, when did they drop it and go outlineless and why?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd just like to see them go back to the large horn logo on the helmets:

capture.JPG

now in this picture doesn't it look like their is a yellow outline on the numbers, when did they drop it and go outlineless and why?

This is from the mid 60's and they did have a yellow outline around the arm stripes and the numerals. they Dropped the Yellow outline in the late 60's/early seventies.

metslogo_215.gif

I'm late to the show, but I can kinda back this claim up about the new uni's. Some guy called into the local station (KFAN) on Tuesday and said his marketing company does work with the Vikings, and they have indeed been contacted about new and/or alternates for 2006.

He also indicated (like the thread starter) that black was an added color. He said something about black outlines ala the Lions. A revamped or new logo Possibly purple road pants, circa the 1970's.

I was ready to dismiss it as rumor too, but the host of the show is Vikings radio PBP guy Paul Allen, and he agreed with the caller saying he too has heard this at Winter Park, so who knows. Guess we'll probably know more around draft time, when most teams unveil new jerseys or logos.

that sounds about right. I didn't hear this on the radio, but the descrition i got was certainly around the tone. I've also heard that the team is looking for possible additions of black sparingly. But yeah, the guy on the radio is speaking the same way i heard it, so i would'nt be so surprised if it does happen.

I've also heard that the team is looking for possible additions of black sparingly.

Sounds like it will be a "Lions-esque" addition of black. Probably as an outline on the numbers and the pants (although with purple jerseys, the black probably wouldn't show up that well anyway). I think purple pants will be part of the "new" uni (and they will be unique in the NFL as no other team uses purple pants). I think black socks could be introduced (with the purple pants ala the Eagles) and most assureadly black shoes will be added as well (and you traditionalists should be happy because the Vikes were one of the few NFL teams that wore black shoes during the Bud Grant era).

Its a new era in Minnesota Viking football. New owner. New head coach. A bunch of young, energetic assistant coaches. Trying to get a new stadium. Trying to rid themselves of the controversey and bad apples that have been a part of the franchise for years. Why not a update of the uniform? I am sure it will be a simple, clean update. Why not?

Personally, if you're going to add another color to the Vikings' Purple and Gold, I thought that it should be Silver or Gray...Black - as dennisbergan already stated - probably wouldn't show up that well anyway, and Purple, Black and (Metallic) Gold already belongs to the Ravens.

Why not THESE colors instead?:

MinnesotaVikings_PFC1_0000_SOL.jpg

Personally, if you're going to add another color to the Vikings' Purple and Gold, I thought that it should be Silver or Gray...Black - as dennisbergan already stated - probably wouldn't show up that well anyway, and Purple, Black and (Metallic) Gold already belongs to the Ravens.

Why not THESE colors instead?:

MinnesotaVikings_PFC1_0000_SOL.jpg

i always thought silver would go well with the vike's scheme...far better than black.

if they add black, why not just turn into the ravens? <_<

qvAvG.jpg

FSUViking did you hear anything on the helmets or the helmet logo? I hope to god it does'nt change, I can see if you are talking about the Norsemen logo being updated but leave the f'in horns on the helmet alone.

Well, the co-host of the show mentioned helmets too, and Paul Allen said the helmets would stay the same. Although, some fans have "said" they heard they might put the Norseman on the helmet, and remove the horns.

I highly doubt that though.

Archived