Mens Style Ranks Basketball Uniforms

Shumway

I didn't agree with all of what they said. I like some of the jerseys they saidare ugly. The best part was to see my favorite player, Thunder Dan Majerle, as a Cav. Also, seeing guys I actually know of, since I haven't watched basketball in well over 4 years. It was awesome to see Kurt Rambis and Xavier McDaniel again.

Here's the link

Ah, I miss those original Alexander McQueen-designed Hornets uniforms., as worn by Kelly Tripucka. Simple, classic. Then they cheapened 'em by adding more pinstripes, differing colors, and a ridiculous purple alternate. The author knocks 'em for those ridiculous biker shorts? EVERYONE in the NBA was wearing those biker shorts under the uni shorts at the time.

The guy's clearly off his rocker for including the Bobcats as a "best uni", though.

Ah, I miss those original Alexander McQueen-designed Hornets uniforms., as worn by Kelly Tripucka. Simple, classic. Then they cheapened 'em by adding more pinstripes, differing colors, and a ridiculous purple alternate. The author knocks 'em for those ridiculous biker shorts? EVERYONE in the NBA was wearing those biker shorts under the uni shorts at the time.

The guy's clearly off his rocker for including the Bobcats as a "best uni", though.

Alexander Jullian to be exact.

The uni's wouldn't have been too bad, if not for the pleated shorts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hornets jersey: Pinstripes.

Hornets shorts: Solid color.

End result: Welcome to Suckville, Poncho.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know the one guy (second from right) from Travata. They make a high end fashion

line for men. Think a more expensive Abercrombie.

As for the choices, I'm on board with all the bad. But the Knicks don't need black anymore

than the Mets do. They should drop it and go classic. It worked for Detroit.

am I the only one who likes the late 90's hawks gradation unis?

00023h.jpg

how can they hate on the pacers pinstripes!?? those things were classic! Just because they looked like hell on chris mullin doesn't mean they're awful..bad call

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, and the Hornets were actually the FIRST NBA team to actually incorporate longer shorts into their uniform.

Because I feel the need to (and also because I'm procrastinating doing something for my next class) I'll break 'em down.

'97 Raptors: Not gonna argue with this one. Pinstripes, zigzag multicolored pinstripes, weird number font...pretty fugly.

'95 Cavs: Pretty ugly, but not downright horrible. Screams "early 90's" to me...even though they wore them in the mid-90's/

'89 Hornets: NO! :cursing: And it's not because I'm a homer. Those were some great jerseys. Pinstripes, but not too many. Nice design. Pleated shorts, even! (I've also never realized until now how ugly Kelly Tripucka really is.)

'99 Hawks: Puke smiley, anyone? Gradients and big logos and scrunched team name/number placement, oh my!

'90 Warriors: Huh? I really like these. They're a little on the plain side, but that's not always bad. "Horsefeathers" I say to this uni being on the list.

'78 Sonics: They look pretty much like any other generic 70's NBA/ABA basketball uniform. Block team name, block number...I don't get what's so fugly about them.

'77 Bullets: Hey, it's Captain America! I have a weird liking for them, but I understand why they're on the list and won't object.

'05 Sixers: I don't like them, but I don't think they're horrible. They'd work better for another NBA team...Philly just HAS to be in red, white, and blue though.

'87 Kings: I kinda like these too...they're different. Script on the shorts is kinda weird though. I don't think they're deserving to be on this list.

'98 Pacers: Eh...could be simplified a little (which they did, this year) but they're not ass-ugly.

'84 Blazers: I like them, but not 5 best of all time. Stereotypical 70's-80's font. And the diagonal stripe just abruptly stops on the side of the jersey.

'74 Nets: They're a little out there...but they were conservative in the ABA. I don't mind them, though.

'00 Knicks: Best 5 of all time? Heck, naw. Way better before the black. I also don't like how the side stripe gets wider as it goes down. It just looks...weird.

'05 Bobcats: They're my favorite NBA team. I own two Bobcats jerseys. But...no. I like them, but definitely not top 5 all-time.

'93 Bulls: Yes. Great uniforms, regardless of the team that wore them.

As can be expected...it was just a list because they felt like making a list...not a lot of stock put into it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

They must have flipped the picture, because the numbers are backward.

And so are the stripes...and Clyde the Glide doesn't dunk with his left hand :P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I didn't agree with all of what they said. I like some of the jerseys they saidare ugly. The best part was to see my favorite player, Thunder Dan Majerle, as a Cav. Also, seeing guys I actually know of, since I haven't watched basketball in well over 4 years. It was awesome to see Kurt Rambis and Xavier McDaniel again.

Here's the link

I can never imagine Marjerle anything but a Sun, but hey that's me, my alltime favorite would have to be the Pistons of now or at least last year. The Alltime worst would be the Cavs before they cleaned them up for the Lebron Era.

am I the only one who likes the late 90's hawks gradation unis?

A: Yes.

agreed, I like what they have now

I like what they have now too, but I still thought the gradation didn't look horrible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

how can they hate on the pacers pinstripes!?? those things were classic! Just because they looked like hell on chris mullin doesn't mean they're awful..bad call

There was nothing "classic" about the thankfully-now-dead Pacers pinstripe uni's. They were nothing more than silly clown suits.

Archived