Hmmm...Interesting

bhambruiser

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fashion jersey? I've seen other unis done in pink before, so just a guess (just don't ask for examples offhand).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

There's another little patch under the NBA logo that probably identifies the special unis. I can't make it out, but suspect (as already suggested) something to do with breast cancer. Remember, the NBA Cares!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Well, Pink has become a popular color among the "ghetto" scene... I'd put money on that before breast cancer awareness..

This is the latest "fashion" trend that specifically caters to the female set. The Red Sox have made a killing on pink hats and shirts, the Patriots have pink numbered/lettered jerseys and even the bruins have a pink version of their sweater.

Let the record state that I hate this whole pink movement in sports fashion.

Real fans, regardless of gender, wear their team's real colors.

Well, Pink has become a popular color among the "ghetto" scene... I'd put money on that before breast cancer awareness..

1) Don't put "ghetto" in quotes. It makes you seem like you're talking down to us.

2) If you knew anything, A. That trend was over a year and a half ago, and B. No one that is really "ghetto" (to put it in your words) wore pink. Personally, I hated it and clowned anyone who did because they followed a stupid trend.

philliescreamersig2copy.png

1) Don't put "ghetto" in quotes. It makes you seem like you're talking down to us.

2) If you knew anything, A. That trend was over a year and a half ago, and B. No one that is really "ghetto" (to put it in your words) wore pink. Personally, I hated it and clowned anyone who did because they followed a stupid trend.

Indeed, Pink was a fad for like 2 seconds, but someone put out a diss song {specifically to rapper Cam'Ron since he loves(d) to wear pink. That someone compared pink to the upside down triangle that women have in their bodies, and that just ended the pink fad emphatically.

I hate those things. I attended the Colts home opener this season and saw all the female fans at the Dome wearing generic pink Manning jerseys. And as Beantown said, real fans wear their teams ACTUAL colors. So female fans of the Miami Floridians or So Cal Sun wouldn't have to worry about that.

The Red Sox have made a killing on pink hats and shirts, the Patriots have pink numbered/lettered jerseys and even the bruins have a pink version of their sweater.

Let the record state that I hate this whole pink movement in sports fashion.

Real fans, regardless of gender, wear their team's real colors.

Since they make baseball hats in all colors, the pink hats do not really bother me. I do not care for the pink jerseys. However, I don' think theyar are marketed to real fans. Considering that the Sox pink jersey was a Johnny Damon jersey and the Pats pink jersey is Tom Brady, I think they are geared more toward stupid girls who think the player is cute.

Here's the pink Eagles jerseys:

22-535.jpg22-537.jpg

I will abstain from the overly obvious and infuriating 'gay' comments....

but I will say that I have also seen pink being worn among groups of young teens and I laugh. I'm sorry, call me what you will, say whatever you want, but I'm not buying this whole "Real men can wear pink" B.S. Maybe if you're Donald Trump or a business man in a nice suit, but when you're rocking a McNabb jersey, in the quintessential tint of pink, with baggy pants and 'the walk' through the mall I'm going to laugh at you. Go ahead and try to steal my wallet...pink boy!

I realize that these jerseys are probably meant for women or young girls but the sad thing is that I've seen this everywhere. One of my students came up to me sporting a 'Real men where pink' shirt. I looked at him, pointed at his shirt and said "Yes, real men do where pink, and usually they wear a suit to go with it....you better give that shirt back to a real man".

Call me old fashioned but men should not wear pink unless it is a dress shirt or a tie.

I will abstain from the overly obvious and infuriating 'gay' comments....

but I will say that I have also seen pink being worn among groups of young teens and I laugh. I'm sorry, call me what you will, say whatever you want, but I'm not buying this whole "Real men can wear pink" B.S. Maybe if you're Donald Trump or a business man in a nice suit, but when you're rocking a McNabb jersey, in the quintessential tint of pink, with baggy pants and 'the walk' through the mall I'm going to laugh at you. Go ahead and try to steal my wallet...pink boy!

I realize that these jerseys are probably meant for women or young girls but the sad thing is that I've seen this everywhere. One of my students came up to me sporting a 'Real men where pink' shirt. I looked at him, pointed at his shirt and said "Yes, real men do where pink, and usually they wear a suit to go with it....you better give that shirt back to a real man".

Call me old fashioned but men should not wear pink unless it is a dress shirt or a tie.

okay, you're old fashioned ;)

hey, you said to call you old fashioned, I merely took ya up on the offer :hockeysmiley:

that, and suits are overrated, and ties serve no purpose. that is all. :D

*steps off soapbox*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I believe that "ghetto" is in quotes due to the fact that it isn't an English word, but rather Italian. To feel it is "talking down to us" is really beyond me.

How you can think he quoted the word ghetto just because it's not an English word is beyond me.

Do people regularly quote grotto? That's not an english word either, but people don't go around typing, "Hugh Hefner's lovely "grotto" is a sight for sore eyes."

philliescreamersig2copy.png

if it helps female fans buy the jerseys then i dont see any problem with it. and when i say buy the jerseys i dont mean that it helps make reebok more money, i mean it will attract female fans to the team and sport.

just because it isnt authentic doesnt mean it should be banned. if it helps bring in fans then go for it.

i buy fashion jerseys all the time.. i don't think id go for pink but just because i have fashion jerseys and hats doesnt make me any less of a fan

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived