AT&T Center?

nsentv

Signs are going up next month for SBC Park to become AT&T PArk. 3rd change for the Giants ballpark in its 6 year history.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

These corporate mergers (AT&T & SBC, Verizon taking over MCI) are driving me insane. Now the Spurs' home court is being renamed the AT&T Center.

Then again, in the corporate world, you never know what to expect.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I can understand that feeling. America West Arena just reciently became US Airlines Center due to the merger of America West and US Airlines. Also Bank One Ballpark ( and one of the best catchphrases in Sports "the BOB") became Chase Field (Merger between Chase Manhattan and Bank One). :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Just makes me wonder what the Cardinals new stadium will be called, and if they will end up "naming" the Glendale Arena (where the NHL Coyotes play) at the same time, since they are in the same parking lot! :P

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I can understand that feeling. America West Arena just reciently became US Airlines Center due to the merger of America West and US Airlines. Also Bank One Ballpark ( and one of the best catchphrases in Sports "the BOB") became Chase Field (Merger between Chase Manhattan and Bank One). :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Just makes me wonder what the Cardinals new stadium will be called, and if they will end up "naming" the Glendale Arena (where the NHL Coyotes play) at the same time, since they are in the same parking lot!  :P

hey, MCI Center in DC is now going to be Verizon Center

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Signs are going up next month for SBC Park to become AT&T PArk. 3rd change for the Giants ballpark in its 6 year history.

The CoreStates/First Union/Wachovia Center in Philadelphia had 3 names in 6 years as well. And if you consider it was built under the name "Spectrum II" (which never came to be once the building was finished), that's 4 names for a decade-old building.

Until these sponsors pay me money to use their company's name, or until they can settle on a name and keep it constant, they're all out. We go to "the Ballpark", or "the Center".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Signs are going up next month for SBC Park to become AT&T PArk.  3rd change for the Giants ballpark in its 6 year history.

If you're lucky, maybe another company will buy AT&T and re-name the park before the home opener.

Like who? Come on Verizon....

I saw, I came, I left.

What bugs me is that everyone feels compelled to use these new corporate names. To me they are still Candlestick, Pac Bell, the BOB, Comisky, etc....why does everyone feed into this corporate nonsense. It is our own faults.

What bugs me is that everyone feels compelled to use these new corporate names.  To me they are still Candlestick, Pac Bell, the BOB, Comisky, etc....why does everyone feed into this corporate nonsense.  It is our own faults.

I don't mean to be a schmuck here, but...

PacBell and BOB are both corporate names! PacBell = Pacific Bell (communications) and BOB = BankOne (financial) Ballpark.

Oh well... :hockeysmiley:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

What bugs me is that everyone feels compelled to use these new corporate names.  To me they are still Candlestick, Pac Bell, the BOB, Comisky, etc....why does everyone feed into this corporate nonsense.  It is our own faults.

I don't mean to be a schmuck here, but...

PacBell and BOB are both corporate names! PacBell = Pacific Bell (communications) and BOB = BankOne (financial) Ballpark.

Oh well... :hockeysmiley:

Yes, but they were the original names when the stadium had no identity. Once the identity is established, stick with it. Screw the new sponsor, unless they want to pay me something. Monster Park sounds like an amusment park for g-ds sake!

Remember the Astros

Enron Field....disaster

then I believe it was Astros Stadium...not too sure

Then Minute Maid....I think this is an embarrassing name to have.

I'm not a big fan of corporate names that are really long...

i.e M&T Bank Stadium,

Bank of America Stadium,

Lincoln Financial Field,

Quicken Loans Arena

and TD BankNorth Gardens

IMO, I find short corporate named stadiums much more attractive,

like Ford Field

Invesco,

PNC Park,

Heinz Field

Qwest Field

Remember the Astros

Enron Field....disaster

then I believe it was Astros Stadium...not too sure

Then Minute Maid....I think this is an embarrassing name to have.

I'm not a big fan of corporate names that are really long...

i.e M&T Bank Stadium,

Bank of America Stadium,

Lincoln Financial Field,

Quicken Loans Arena

and TD BankNorth Gardens

IMO, I find short corporate named stadiums much more attractive,

like Ford Field

Invesco,

PNC Park,

Heinz Field

Qwest Field

It was Astros Field for a couple of months before it became Minute Maid Park. I dont think Houston minds it being called Minute Maid. Besides, now we get to call it call it the juice box. We will willing for anything but Enron...or galleryfurniture.com Field (as much as i love mattress mack.) Even the Astros former home has a corporate sponser label slapped on it. It is officially called the Reliant Astrodome now, but we will always call it the Astrodome.

Archived