Update- Puckett dies

brinkeguthrie

(44, or 45?)

Hall of Famer Kirby Puckett died Monday, a day after suffering a stroke at his Arizona home, a hospital spokeswoman said. The 44-year-old Puckett, who led the Twins to two World Series titles before his career was cut short by glaucoma, was stricken Sunday morning at his Arizona home.

"This is a sad day for the Minnesota Twins, Major League Baseball and baseball fans everywhere," Twins owner Carl Pohlad said. "Eloise and I loved Kirby deeply. Kirby's impact on the Twins organization, State of Minnesota and Upper Midwest is significant and goes well beyond his role in helping the Twins win two World Championships. A tremendous teammate, Kirby will always be remembered for his never-ending hustle, infectious personality, trademark smile and commitment to the community. There will never be another 'Puck'."

from the family:

It is with great sadness that we announce that baseball legend Kirby Puckett was given last rites and passed away this afternoon. The Hall of Famer was hospitalized Sunday after suffering a stroke. Forty-five-year-old Puckett, who led the Minnesota Twins to World Series titles in 1987 and 1991, wished to be an organ donor. Medical staff at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center are currently determining if that wish can be fulfilled.

Kirby's family and friends thank his fans for their thoughts and prayers.

The family is not releasing additional information or conducting interviews at this time. They thank the media for respecting their wishes.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad. But honestly, I think it was because of steriods. Still though, that cannot replace the loss at hand. A fantastic baseball player indeed, and a total gentleman. You will be missed Kirby.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Rest In Peace Kirby. :(

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He was 44.

Kirby Puckett is expected to be removed from life support tonight, two people with knowledge of his condition told the Star Tribune.

We fear this means the worst for Kirby. Family members assembled at the hospital Monday to make the decision on life support. The 44-year-old Hall of Famer suffered a massive stroke at his home on Sunday morning. Mar. 6 - 7:51 pm et

Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quite a shame. When they reported him in critical condition, I thought nothing of it, figuring that critical isn't terrible after having a stroke. I guess I was wrong. RIP.

Sad. But honestly, I think it was because of steriods. Still though, that cannot replace the loss at hand. A fantastic baseball player indeed, and a total gentleman. You will be missed Kirby.

He died because he had gained weight, his familly has history of having problems with gained weight and health problems.

256dy87.jpg

It's a shame. Kirby was one, if not the best, of the best players of my generation. Not only did he have the skills to swing the bat, but he could field the ball as well.

RIP Kirby. At least know that in your mind that peace has finally been found after dealing with hardships for so long. :cry:

Nooooooooooooo...!!!

What a very sad news, I truly like him, he was a very sympathetic man and a formidable ballplayer. :(

RIP Hero.

Kirby.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived