New Ducks Logos?

CC97

At this point, I'm just happy with the dedisneyfication of the team. About time they actually get a name in the proper city-nickname format and about time they ditch the uniforms unveiled in D2. Now let's just hope that the arena can just be renamed the "______ Pond" instead of the "__________ Pond of Anaheim." If I hear "of Anaheim" one more time I'm going to snap.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point, I'm just happy with the dedisneyfication of the team. About time they actually get a name in the proper city-nickname format and about time they ditch the uniforms unveiled in D2. Now let's just hope that the arena can just be renamed the "______ Pond" instead of the "__________ Pond of Anaheim." If I hear "of Anaheim" one more time I'm going to snap.

Why would Arrowhead drop their sponsorship? Or was that just an example?

hmmmmmmmm Black, Orange, Green, Champagne, White.

same colours as the top logo on page one.

the other logo's that came from "friends" are fakes. I'm 95% sure i've seen these before on the web. Probably on a jersey manufacturers site that features stock art. The clincher of course is that the bottom one has six colours.

don't like the new colours.

Don't know why the NHL doesn't ever step in and stop clubs from stealing others identities. Here we have yet another team wearing black -in addition to the Red wings coming black home uniform - that will look like crap on TV and be suddenly confused with the Flyers. Why does the NHL have to be so cookie cutter? You'd think the lack of TV exposure would make them think about the importance of identity and individuality. Is black even in for uniforms still?

DEATH TO REEBOK

Here we have yet another team wearing black -in addition to the Red wings coming black home uniform - that will look like crap on TV and be suddenly confused with the Flyers.

The Flyers have a pretty distinctive jersey template. I doubt that Anaheim will be using one so similar that they will be mistaken for Philadelphia. It sounds like you're complaining about things that haven't (if ever will) occured.

Alright, if this in the wrong place, I apologize. I was going to put it in requests, but it's just an idea for a new ducks logo, and since I have only limited drawing skills...here it is.

How about ducks in the shape of an "A," for "Anaheim?"

My visual of it is 5 ducks (you know, for 5 skaters :rolleyes:) formed in what looks like an upside-down "flying V" (brings up memories of the "Mighty" days...) to form the "A" in the main logo.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone can run (fly?) with it. Like anything else, if executed correctly, it could look kinda cool

(I think).

OK, I'll assume we just had similar ideas, and you didn't just "fly" with my idea, because that would be really lame. I said this a few pages back:

Here's an idea, and it may sound stupid, but why not create a logo, or at least an alternate logo, using multiple ducks in some way. I mean, I know a lot of birds migrate, or just fly together in general, and these "Mighty" ducks aren't really specific. You could have a flying V formation of ducks, as a primary part of the logo, or just use smaller ducks in a V, as an outline of a shield, or stick, or whatever. I think another obvious way to go, in using the word Anaheim as the primary logo or as a wordmark, would be to make the A of Anaheim out of mini-ducks. I just think it could be an interesting concept, if done right. I have no logo making skills, and don't know how to use any of the programs that you experienced guys do, but I'd be interested if anyone could run with the idea, and come up with something. I'll make a few sketches myself, on paper, but then promptly throw them away.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Alright, if this in the wrong place, I apologize. I was going to put it in requests, but it's just an idea for a new ducks logo, and since I have only limited drawing skills...here it is.

How about ducks in the shape of an "A," for "Anaheim?"

My visual of it is 5 ducks (you know, for 5 skaters :rolleyes:) formed in what looks like an upside-down "flying V" (brings up memories of the "Mighty" days...) to form the "A" in the main logo.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone can run (fly?) with it. Like anything else, if executed correctly, it could look kinda cool

(I think).

I like the idea of the "A" being used, but for two problems :

1) The Avalanche already have a logo based an the letter "A", and

2) Being from Anaheim, it's only a matter of time before the team changes their name to Los Angeles.... :blink:

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

T --

Completely guilty of not reading your post. Also, a little creeped out considering we said basically the same thing.

It'd be cool, I think.

Sharps --

I'm not sure it's such a huge deal that the Avs also have an "A" for their logo. Phillies and Pirates, two teams in the same state, both have simple "P's" and nothing else. I mean, if someone designed the Flying V, hopefully it wouldn't look

too much like Colorado.

Does anyone else like this idea?

• 3 weeks later...
Heads up!

The unveiling is June 22 at 10:30 AM PST at the Pond.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Now we wait on Buffalo, Washington and possibly Boston...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

mattyports Posted: Tuesday, May 30th, 2006 - 15:11:56

My visual of it is 5 ducks (you know, for 5 skaters) formed in what looks like an upside-down "flying V" (brings up memories of the "Mighty" days...) to form the "A" in the main logo.

beesharps Posted: Tuesday, May 30th, 2006 - 16:31:02

2) Being from Anaheim, it's only a matter of time before the team changes their name to Los Angeles....

Then they can just add ducks flying in an "L" formation in front of the "A".

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

ok, for all the idiots making haha, los angeles ducks of anaheim, if u know nething, thats not funny nemore!!!!! and the owners of the franchise have already stated that the team is staying in anaheim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, for all the idiots making haha, los angeles ducks of anaheim, if u know nething, thats not funny nemore!!!!! and the owners of the franchise have already stated that the team is staying in anaheim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.. but I sure do hope the Los Angeles Ducks of Anaheim do good this year.

But about the logo, I think the Ducks could do much better, is this the primary, or just the script?

Hello, everyone! Long time board visitor, first time poster...

For my first post here, I wanted to comment on the upcoming Mighty Ducks name, logo and uniform change for the 2006-2007 NHL season.

Earlier this week, I joined the ALLDUCKS.com message board community and discussed this subject with a great group of people so far. I will share what thoughts I made over there with you:

When I heard about the rumored name, logo and uniform change becoming a real possibility, I didn't embrace the possible change. I admit that "my kid at heart" likes the Mighty Ducks movies and that leading to the franchise's existance. Canadian media and those across that country and the United States that are hockey purists in what they want to see in logos and uniforms ripped the team name, the logo and uniforms apart. "So what", I say.

I agree that I wish the team would keep everything as is. But now that Disney sold the team to the Samuelis (which I'm really quite happy) and the Samuelis are committed to keeping it right where it is, a change is welcome. The only fear I have is a new logo and uniform getting away from the nice basic and identifible design we've seen for the past 13 years. The current duck mask logo is very easy to identify and remember... very classic for this modern hockey era, not referring to the pre-expansion era. The uniforms that are a week from becoming the former, they have been basic and classy in its design. Remember when the Phoenix Coyotes wore their original uniforms? It was too damn busy. The logo was awful (the primary one, not the one on their defunct alternates where it was a big head) and the outlining around the neckline was hideous. The Coyotes changed their logo and uniforms to basic designs and colors... simply awesome in my book. It signaled that franchise's "new breed" (meaning a new era, including playing in their new arena in Glendale, Arizona that is just 15 miles northwest of downtown Phoenix).

I hope that the Mighty Ducks come up with a similar concept. A great logo and uniforms to embrace it. I'm really looking forward to it. I don't want to upset anyone, but I'm not a fan of their current alternates. The secondary logo on the shoulders is too much like the Notre Dame athletics logo and the colors mimic the Los Angeles Kings (who by the way have hideous uniforms that look like pajamas with their logos and jersey design). The Kings should never have changed theirs from the Gretzky-era ones last worn in 1998. The San Jose Sharks should never have changed their uniforms either. What was wrong with their originals?

Anyway, I hope that the rumored colors aren't just orange and black. Christ, that would mean having those of the Philadelphia Flyers. Get some green and white as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be the Miami Hurricanes college athletics colors, but something similar. I'd like to see black as an alternate color (for a third jersey) and/or outlining around the crest logo and numbering.

Another thing, I pray to God that whatever the team unveils, the nameplate and numbering FONTS remain the same! They did that when creating the current alternate jersey's name and numbers.

I will miss the original Mighty Ducks logo and jersey. I wouldn't have minded if they only changed the colors and eliminated all the shoulder logos. But, now is a good time to make a change. I just hope it is for the better and not the opposite effect from what the Coyotes did.

Following the "leak" of the wordmark logo seen on the home page to Chris Creamer's Sports Logos site, here is more on what I thought of that:

I personally like that as only the wordmark logo. With plenty of potential on creating of a primary logo for a team name like the Ducks, I don't believe going with a wordmark is the right way to go as a primary logo.

Hopefully, the primary logo that the Ducks will unveil has no team name on it as is the case with the soon-to-be previous logo (with just 5 days left). The new crest logo should speak for itself in identifying the team like those for the Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils, Florida Panthers, San Jose Sharks, Carolina Hurricanes, Vancouver Canucks, Phoenix Coyotes, St. Louis Blues, Nashville Predators, Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres (primary and alternate jersey crest logos), Minnesota Wild (primary crest logo, not their alternate jersey one), Los Angeles Kings (primary crest logo, not on alternate jersey), Ottawa Senators (current home and alternate jersey crest logo), Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames. Two recently defunct NHL team logos without any team name contain on it are excellent in my book... that would be the Hartford Whalers and the Minnesota North Stars (the N logo). The Quebec Nordiques' larger "igloo" logo used in their final two or three seasons for their jerseys are memorable.

There are a few teams that it's fine the team name in included in the primary (crest) logo... the New York Rangers' alternate logo (not the ugly secondary one on their third jersey), New York Islanders, Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs. One defunct team logo (it might return sometime soon) that is done quite well is the 1990-1996 Winnipeg Jets logo.

Another thing, as I said in my first post on page 35, I hope that there is some kind of orange AND green in the new color scheme, but doesn't completely mimic the Miami Hurricanes' college colors. That one poster who left days before my first post at ALLDUCKS.com a nicely done home and away uniform design complete with a crest logo similar to the Ottawa Senators home/alternate crest logo in this thread... if it was done with the colors tweaked a bit, it would be nicer.

From looking at the leaked logo on that draft day cap, I agree it is far too similar to the Pittsburgh Penguins colors (despite a slightly different shade of yellow or gold). I want something with a little more kick, but not screaming for attention.

As for the webbed duck foot represented by the letter D, I'd have to see how it looks on the actual jersey. I'm not a big fan with shoulder logos on jerseys as I don't find them necessary.

We'll have to see in five days.

Meantime, long-time CCSLC poster Roger Clemente posted a concept earlier today and that explains my feedback in subsequent posts at that ALLDUCKS.com thread.

Archived