New Ducks Logos?

CC97

. . . says the guy with an avatar memorializing a guy who's been dead for SIXTEEN YEARS.

What can I say? Hasn't been much to look forward to in Loyola-land since then.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried to find an email, i even even emailed the stupid ducks site to send them these but they don't seem to care, so good job with that franchise.

they are v/ nice but the colours are wrong. black, orange and champagne is what you're looking for.

...but at least i think they should bother answering you.

:grin:

spuradd55td9.jpg

I tried to find an email, i even even emailed the stupid ducks site to send them these but they don't seem to care, so good job with that franchise.

they are v/ nice but the colours are wrong. black, orange and champagne is what you're looking for.

...but at least i think they should bother answering you.

:grin:

When I worked for the Leafs site (one miserable month) I never got any logo concepts in the mail but I did get a website link with this guy asking if he could write stories for the page...

i forwarded it to the guy in charge and he sat there for 15 minutes laughing at the articles because they were written so poorly before writing a letter back to him telling him how great the articles were but they weren't allowed to have him write for them

no real point to this story, just thought i'd share

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I dont want any money in return from them anyway, i'd be happy with a freakin jersey to be honest, even some recognition, no money though.

With the money that is generated from marketing, you would be stupid to not want a % of that action. The jersey is cool, but getting a piece of everything sold with the art on it would be sweeter. Unless ur a millionaire...

If i want to make millions i can just work with my dad as a land developer (he's been in the field for 35yrs just had 4 lots zoned for 60 condo apts each)...money is not the issue (trust me i dont make much, i just graduated and started work at a reasonable salary).

Is it hard to believe that i might like the recognition moreso than the $$$? I'm a hockey fan 1st, i love the game, to see a team with a logo that isn't some freakin retarded Disney movie inspired piece of crap would be great.

The team doesn't know that.

They can't take the chance - they need a blanket policy to prevent lawsuits from people less honorable than you.

Try sending an unsolicited screenplay to Warner Bros. and see what they do. It doesn't matter that you're a movie buff who would be happy just seeing it made....

How about the Orange County Ducks of Southern California, USA?

IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE

I'm gonna go with something that's even less funny:

That supposed new shield logo Anaheim SUCKS

There. Now THAT is a bad joke. Poor pun. Horrible Humor. Whatever you wanna call it. I think that joke Anaheim SUCKS.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Unfortunately, we may hear the "joke" all over again.  In the event that the NFL choses to put a team in Anaheim (and not the L.A. Coliseum), the city of Anaheim will require that "Anaheim" be somewhere in the name:

"...offsets in the NFL deal, according to sources familiar with the negotiations, are that the team would have Anaheim in the name and that the city would be awarded multiple Super Bowls." - from the L.A. Daily News 3/30/06

Get ready for the Los Angeles Raiders of Anaheim

Not going to happen.

The city fathers got caught napping once, won't happen again. So "___ of Anaheim" won't be an option. They'll insist on singular identification.

And the NFL knows better than to try and market a team to all of LA by naming it "Anaheim". They'll look at the same numbers that Moreno did.

How about the Orange County Ducks of Southern California, USA?

IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE

I'm gonna go with something that's even less funny:

That supposed new shield logo Anaheim SUCKS

There. Now THAT is a bad joke. Poor pun. Horrible Humor. Whatever you wanna call it. I think that joke Anaheim SUCKS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... No. <_<

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Black, Orange and Champagne?

Bad choices, so Anaheim thinks adding 1 extra colour will make them look less like the Flyers??

This team has no brains when it comes to marketing.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Black, Orange and Champagne?

Bad choices, so Anaheim thinks adding 1 extra colour will make them look less like the Flyers??

This team has no brains when it comes to marketing.

The black is supposed to be green, which is what you had to begin with.

And even if it is black and orange, it's not like Philadelphia owns a monopoly on the colors. Much like the Canadiens, Rangers, Blue Jackets, Canucks, Avalanche, Oilers don't own red, white, and blue. Boston and Pittsburgh don't own black and gold.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, like I said, it was a "quick and dirty" cleanup. I just took an eyedrop on one of the pixels and went to town. Anyone wqho wants to fix it, be my guest.

Edited to add: I just founf this in TESS... Apears to be a new wordmark?

Ducksword.jpg

Well, like I said, it was a "quick and dirty" cleanup. I just took an eyedrop on one of the pixels and went to town. Anyone wqho wants to fix it, be my guest.

Ducksword.jpg

Almost every TESS entry has that wordmark, so i'll say 'no, that's not it'

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ducksword.jpg

Probably not the wordmark, but judging from the applicant line...

(APPLICANT) Mighty Ducks Hockey Club LLC LTD LIAB CO CALIFORNIA 2695 East Katella Avenue Anaheim CALIFORNIA 92806

It's the new name.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Boston and Pittsburgh don't own black and gold.

Although the Bruins tried to claim that they did when the Penguins switched.

Yeah of course, Pittsburgh got it because they had a franchise earlier on named "Pittsburgh Pirates" and they wore the gold & black, not to mention all 3 pittsburgh sports franchises don the black & gold, while the boston teams don't (Celtics - Green/white, black on thirds, Pats are avs colours pretty much) and the bo-sox are red/navy/white.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Unfortunately, we may hear the "joke" all over again.  In the event that the NFL choses to put a team in Anaheim (and not the L.A. Coliseum), the city of Anaheim will require that "Anaheim" be somewhere in the name:

"...offsets in the NFL deal, according to sources familiar with the negotiations, are that the team would have Anaheim in the name and that the city would be awarded multiple Super Bowls." - from the L.A. Daily News 3/30/06

Get ready for the Los Angeles Raiders of Anaheim

Not going to happen.

The city fathers got caught napping once, won't happen again. So "___ of Anaheim" won't be an option. They'll insist on singular identification.

And the NFL knows better than to try and market a team to all of LA by naming it "Anaheim". They'll look at the same numbers that Moreno did.

I live in Orange County and, from what I have read in local newspapers, the City of Anaheim has never demanded from the NFL that "Anaheim" be the only geographic identifier of a local team. In depositions prior to the trial with the Angels, the mayor acknowledged that a new football team in town would likely have "Los Angeles" in the name. He justified the inconsistency this way:

1. The city invested $30 million in the baseball stadium, and therefore had acquired a negotiated right to be the only geographic entity in the Angels' name.

2. The city was not going to make a similar investment in a potential football stadium, and therefore did not have a claim to the name of the football team.

In the meantime, the city has offered the NFL a sweetheart deal with the purchase price of 50 acres of stadium property, possibly resulting in the requirement that "Anaheim" be included somewhere in the name. While Anaheim city officials may be incompetent, they're smart enough to know that demanding exclusivity in regards to the team's name would be an instant deal killer. There are plenty of NFL owners who have strong reservations about placing the L.A. team in Anaheim, and the city knows this. Realistically, there is money for only one $800 million football stadium in Greater Los Angeles, and anyone who thinks that there will be teams in both Los Angeles and Anaheim is deluding himself (see "New Giants/Jets Stadium").

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Those logo concepts are amateurish, at best. I'd hope that Anaheim would look to a company like SME to rebrand that team, even if they keep the Ducks name. I think a complete change of the name and image of that team would be an excellent idea.

I live in Orange County and, from what I have read in local newspapers, the City of Anaheim has never demanded from the NFL that "Anaheim" be the only geographic identifier of a local team. In depositions prior to the trial with the Angels, the mayor acknowledged that a new football team in town would likely have "Los Angeles" in the name. He justified the inconsistency this way:

1. The city invested $30 million in the baseball stadium, and therefore had acquired a negotiated right to be the only geographic entity in the Angels' name.

2. The city was not going to make a similar investment in a potential football stadium, and therefore did not have a claim to the name of the football team.

In the meantime, the city has offered the NFL a sweetheart deal with the purchase price of 50 acres of stadium property, possibly resulting in the requirement that "Anaheim" be included somewhere in the name. While Anaheim city officials may be incompetent, they're smart enough to know that demanding exclusivity in regards to the team's name would be an instant deal killer. There are plenty of NFL owners who have strong reservations about placing the L.A. team in Anaheim, and the city knows this. Realistically, there is money for only one $800 million football stadium in Greater Los Angeles, and anyone who thinks that there will be teams in both Los Angeles and Anaheim is deluding himself (see "New Giants/Jets Stadium").

I think in the past OC residents have less of a problem supporting a LA team than LA residents have of supporting an Anaheim or OC team. The Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, and Kings all had fans in OC. You could tell from people's bumper stickers. But I don't think the people of LA ever quite embraced the California Angels, Mighty Ducks, or even the LA Rams. I'm sure they had fans, but not as many as the other franchises. Of course, back then Orange County was more or less a glorified suburb of LA. Over the course of my own lifetime I have seen OC develop more of an identity for itself (and I don't mean because of the horrible show). Now, when I travel, I can actually say I'm from Anaheim without having to explain where it is. Back then, had they decided to make the Rams into the OC Rams, it would have been a bad move. Even if the Raiders were still in LA today, with the current OC, it would still be a questionable move. Without a team in LA it would be a highly unlikely move. However, this would be interesting since this would be the first time there would be a major sport in Anaheim, but not LA.

I've lived in Orange County since I was 2. I think Anaheim wants to draw a team not just for the immediate extra revenue, but also with some hope (perhaps misguided) that someday it might switch to an Anaheim, Orange County, or SoCal affliation. There seem to be rumors about the Chargers or some other team moving to LA every other year. Just being a resident here and knowing our city leaders, they don't really care about what advantages a NFL team might bring to the community, at least in terms of more visitors and more revenue. I'm not even sure it would make as much of a difference anyways since the NFL season has so few games. The Anaheim city leaders are big on branding the city. At one point they sold Anaheim Brand Bottled Water. We used to get a newsletter in the mail that had some community events and bulletins for the city. Now we get that in addition to Anaheim The Magazine. In their minds the goal is to get the team here and them find a way to use it to market the city. Maybe they think by having Anaheim perceived as a big city it will help their political careers.

I think the fact that the NFL is even considering Anaheim shows that they too see potential in the region. I think Irvine has also been mentioned in the past. The NFL might be doing this to bruise LA's ego a bit (because sadly professional sports plays a huge part in municipal politics) and get them to agree to that downtown stadium they want. A LA-OC rivalry would be great for both revenue and from a marketing standpoint. The Kings/Ducks and Dodgers/Angels games are ones that I look forward to, especially now when I can go to the game and not be surrounded by Kings or Dodger fans.

OK, that ends my wild speculation. Personally, if the NFL goes with an Anaheim site I'd expect them to go with a LA name. Had the Angels not changed their name, Anaheim Football might have had a shot, but not now unless Moreno sells the team. However, I would assume that Anaheim would insist on promoting any future Super Bowls as Super Bowl XXX in Anaheim and probably insist on broadcasters to mention that games are coming to you live from (insert sponser) Field of Anaheim.

I'll agree for the most part with wilson, but i'll hold on my final judgment until more detailed pics become available.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Archived