New Ducks Logos?

CC97

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw the posting about the possible new Ducks logos.  Here are some others I have heard about...given to me from "friends."  I think these may be the ones...

newduckslogo2.jpg

newduckslogo.jpg

top one is actually quite nice ... slightly remiscent of an automobile manufacturer, without sacrificing any of the aesthetic of a sport club. bottom one is garbage ... far too similar to the Thrashers logo, plus the figure is simply contorted in a ridiculous way. I do like the illustration style used in the bottom one though ... wouldn't mind seeing that duck head used in a different way.

This would actually be a nice design exercise that I would have loved to been in on .. making the ducks come off as proud, mighty and strong which is basically in direct opposition to what they currently look like, silly comical and a joke.

The triangular shield behind the first of those two new logos looks almost exactly like the Thrashers shield.

The second logo, while having a common design element to the Thrashers, has a triangular shield more reminiscent to the current Mighty Ducks shield only with the top corners pointing up instead of down.

I really love both though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Saw the posting about the possible new Ducks logos.  Here are some others I have heard about...given to me from "friends."  I think these may be the ones...

newduckslogo2.jpg

newduckslogo.jpg

The bottom one has more than a passing resemblance to the San Diego Gulls of the ECHL, I believe.

newduckslogo2.jpg

newduckslogo.jpg

The bottom one has more than a passing resemblance to the San Diego Gulls of the ECHL, I believe.

Nice catch...

SanDiegoGulls_PL.jpg

Though I really don't want the Mighty Ducks to change their logo or colours, out of those two, I like the top one a lot better. Although, it would be even better if they used the top logo with the colours from the bottom one.

All I want them to do is drop the "Mighty", and get a new wordmark. Nothing will top their Sage, Deep Purple and Silver (or whatever technical names PANTONE will correct me with :P) they use now.

The black is supposed to be green, which is what you had to begin with.

to my knowledge, it's black - not green.

1938.jpeg

btw, i really really like the hockey stick element on the first logo's shield. clever.

It doesn't really look like a hockey stick to me, more like a V (makes sense).

Archived