New Ducks Logos?

CC97

The black is supposed to be green, which is what you had to begin with.

to my knowledge, it's black - not green.

1938.jpeg

btw, i really really like the hockey stick element on the first logo's shield. clever.

You can't even tell in the picture avalible, if it's black or green.

And I was referring to the first two logos revealed, not these recent two.

And epper, it's Jade, Eggplant and Silver.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The black is supposed to be green, which is what you had to begin with.

to my knowledge, it's black - not green.

1938.jpeg

btw, i really really like the hockey stick element on the first logo's shield. clever.

You can't even tell in the picture avalible, if it's black or green.

And I was referring to the first two logos revealed, not these recent two.

And epper, it's Jade, Eggplant and Silver.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

:P

I'm gonna miss these colors:

AnaheimMightyDucks_FRC_2006_SOL.jpg

Of the three supposed new logos for the Ducks I can personally say that I do not think any of them are any better than what they currently use. It's not to say they won't come up with something better, but those three aren't that great. They all pretty much rip off other teams identities.

After watching the Ducks-Flames game last night, I realized I actually like the Ducks' colour scheme. Losing the "Mighty" is a good move, and they could do better with the logo and jerseys. But I think they should keep the eggplant and jade.

I don't mind myself if the logo changes, although it'd be great to see it stay. If the team at least keeps the colours, I'll be happy.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Saw the posting about the possible new Ducks logos. Here are some others I have heard about...given to me from "friends." I think these may be the ones...

newduckslogo2.jpg

newduckslogo.jpg

That top one is indeed really nice. If they used that one I'd be quite happy. It's clean, nice, and not cartoony. Great stuff there.

Here's an idea, and it may sound stupid, but why not create a logo, or at least an alternate logo, using multiple ducks in some way. I mean, I know a lot of birds migrate, or just fly together in general, and these "Mighty" ducks aren't really specific. You could have a flying V formation of ducks, as a primary part of the logo, or just use smaller ducks in a V, as an outline of a shield, or stick, or whatever. I think another obvious way to go, in using the word Anaheim as the primary logo or as a wordmark, would be to make the A of Anaheim out of mini-ducks. I just think it could be an interesting concept, if done right. I have no logo making skills, and don't know how to use any of the programs that you experienced guys do, but I'd be interested if anyone could run with the idea, and come up with something. I'll make a few sketches myself, on paper, but then promptly throw them away.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Here's an idea, and it may sound stupid, but why not create a logo, or at least an alternate logo, using multiple ducks in some way. I mean, I know a lot of birds migrate, or just fly together in general, and these "Mighty" ducks aren't really specific. You could have a flying V formation of ducks, as a primary part of the logo, or just use smaller ducks in a V, as an outline of a shield, or stick, or whatever. I think another obvious way to go, in using the word Anaheim as the primary logo or as a wordmark, would be to make the A of Anaheim out of mini-ducks. I just think it could be an interesting concept, if done right. I have no logo making skills, and don't know how to use any of the programs that you experienced guys do, but I'd be interested if anyone could run with the idea, and come up with something. I'll make a few sketches myself, on paper, but then promptly throw them away.

Remember the flying V?

Maybe Temmu and his buddies will break it out!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

This is a good idea, but IMO that would go better as some sort of logo for the booster club. Think about it: 'Flying V', the Anaheim Ducks booster club.

As for the team logo, it really only needs to be the one duck.

mTBXgML.png

Am I the only one who thinks it would've been easier for the new owner to just buy the rights to the logo, jersey, and name from Disney?

only if you have deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets

Am I the only one who thinks it would've been easier for the new owner to just buy the rights to the logo, jersey, and name from Disney?

I haven't been following this conversation, but- is that really what the new logo is about?

That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't such things be part of the purchase price?

I would have thought that the reason for the change is much simpler - the name is silly and the logos are outdated. The franchise needs sprucing up, regardless of ownership.

'Fraid so. From what I've heard, the Mighty Ducks have cost Disney a lot of money, practically screwing them over (which could explain the low budget crap movies that they produced during the 90's).

Disney wants this money back, so in order for Samueli to avoid having to pay royalties every season, the name 'Mighty Ducks' had to go. My best guess is that this is the case with the logo too, hence why everything's being changed.

I would have thought that the reason for the change is much simpler - the name is silly and the logos are outdated.

I agree with you there about the name being silly, but the logos being outdated? That's like saying the logos of many other teams are outdated, despite the fact that they've had them for years. The Mighty Ducks logo seems to be instantly recognisable everywhere, though this is most likely because the two sequels to the original movie used the Anaheim Mighty Ducks logo.

This is exactly what the new owners don't want anymore, and they want a fresh new start. They want to keep the Ducks part of the name, but not Disney's 'Mighty'.

mTBXgML.png

I agree with you there about the name being silly, but the logos being outdated? That's like saying the logos of many other teams are outdated, despite the fact that they've had them for years. The Mighty Ducks logo seems to be instantly recognisable everywhere, though this is most likely because the two sequels to the original movie used the Anaheim Mighty Ducks logo.

That's fine, but the Ducks logo is very stereotypical of the '90's cartoonish imagery that it exemplifies. Other examples are:

LogoIhlOrlandoSolarBears.jpgjhd-ihl-moose.jpg

etc...

They had their time, and now look very "1995." It doesn't change the fact that some teams use logos that are dated to this day:

boston-red-sox.jpg

Yes, it's a dated look - but it's not "out" dated, because the Red Sox use a classic, timeless design, as opposed to a fad, like the Ducks did.

Moose

That's fine, but the Ducks logo is very stereotypical of the '90's cartoonish imagery that it exemplifies.

Good point, no97. That's most likely another reason why the cartoon duck is going.

Hopefully they'll have a duck of some sort in the new logo, but I'm hoping that they keep that crossed hockey sticks element as well, just not as cartoony. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something I like about that...

mTBXgML.png

I was under the impression that it has nothing to do with Disney. I thought the new owners just wanted to distance the team from a dated, childish identity.

Hopefully they'll have a duck of some sort in the new logo

Considering the team name is still "Ducks," I think it's safe to assume they won't be using a hound or a bear of some kind as a logo.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Considering the team name is still "Ducks," I think it's safe to assume they won't be using a hound or a bear of some kind as a logo.

Haha... very funny.

What I meant was that I'd rather see a duck in the logo than just a script logo.

mTBXgML.png

Haha... very funny.

What I meant was that I'd rather see a duck in the logo than just a script logo.

True, but I wouldn't mind seeing script on the jersey in some way. Right now the Rangers are the only team that doesn't have a logo on the front of their primary jerseys.

Archived