Favorite Single Sports Moment?

nsentv

Watching the winning base hit, then watching Craig Counsell score the winning run in game 7 of the 1997 World Series. I was crushed. I'm not going to lie: I cried.

Apparently you haven't been a Cleveland sports fan long enough to understand what it means. I didn't cry or even get upset when Counsell scored the winning run in '97. You know why? Because I expected it.

The Drive? Saw it coming from a mile away. Same with The Fumble. The Browns playoff game against The Steelers in 2002? Knew we were going to blow that big lead. Never a doubt. Last year's pennant race collapse by the Indians? I called it two weeks before it happened. My only surprise was that The Devil Rays didn't sweep the Indians in that second to last series of the season.

That's life as a Cleveland Sports fan.

Regarding the topic...

My favorite sports moment? There are so many to choose from. There's no way I can narrow it down to one. Here are a few.

2003 ALCS Game 7: Boone's HR rips the heart out of Red Sox Nation.

1988 World Series: Gibby homers off Eck.

1988 Super Bowl: Montana to Taylor.

1981 NFC Title Game: Montana to Clark

1992 NCAA Tournament: Duke vs. Kentucky Laetner's shot.

and so on...

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My teams really havn't much success when it comes to great moments, but I would have to go with either the Cubs winning Game 5 of the '03 NLDS vs Atlanta or Ray Bourque finally hoisting the Stanley Cup in '01.

To this day, I still get goosebumps just thinking about them.

6uXNWAo.png

1992 Grey Cup dismantling of the Blue Bombers for the first grey Cup in 21 years for the Stamps

2001 Joe FLeming sacks Khari Jones to cap an amazing Grey Cup win for the Stamps.

:cry:

Not cool, man, not cool.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

1993 - John Paxson, Game 6, NBA Finals

1996 - In Jordan's first full season back, the Bulls win the title in 6 over Seattle, as Jordan clutches the ball in tears in memory of his late father on Father's Day.

1998 - Jordan's game winning (and should have been final) shot over Bryon Russell in Game 6 of the NBA Finals

1998 - Gary Gaetti hitting a three-run homer in the one game playoff against the Giants (I know the Cubs were swept anyways by the Braves, but I had never seen the Cubs in the playoffs).

2003 - Cubs Win the Division! Cubs Win the Division!

2003 - Joe Borowski strikes out Andruw Jones in Game 5 to clinch the series 3-2 for the Cubs and win their first playoff series in 95 years.

Well, since others have listed their toughest sports moments, ill post mine as well.........

2002 World Series game 6. 8 outs away and it all fell apart. Still cant believe it. My mom, who is a die hard Giants fan, cried for three days.

topic: Favorite Single Sports Moment

forget to stop at 1?

:P

Its too hard to narrow it down to one. I just cant do it. Its like trying to pick one favorite band. Theres just SO many options.

And how does something that actually makes your mom cry fall into the category of "favorite moments", you sick bastard!

:P

I take it you missed the part where he called it one of his toughest sports moments.

You sick bastard!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

1992 Grey Cup dismantling of the Blue Bombers for the first grey Cup in 21 years for the Stamps

2001 Joe FLeming sacks Khari Jones to cap an amazing Grey Cup win for the Stamps.

:cry:

Not cool, man, not cool.

No--

Very cool.

But could we agree on 1992 & 93 Joe Carter?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

October 27, 2004.

If you don't recognize the date, you're no friend of mine.

There was a total lunar eclipse that night! :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Tonight was in the top 10 for me--Wisconsin celebrating its first national championship since 1990 (when I was in HS and a gopher fan).

1. Wisconsin clinching the Rose Bowl in 1999. They won the B10 outright and Dayne broke the rushing record that day. The atmosphere was unreal. This would not be #1 had I not been there in person, but it was my best in-person moment.

2. Twins celebrate 1991 championship

3. Twins celebrate 1987 championship

4. Wisconsin clinches 1994 Rose Bowl. I was a freshman. They clinched in a game vs. Michigan State in Japan of all places. So the game was like 10:00 at night. Madison was just crazy that night.

5. Kirby's game 6 HR. "And we'll see you tomorrow night."

6. Wisconsin hoops celebrates 2000 Final Four trip

7. Tonight! 2006 NCAA Hockey National Champions

8. 1987. Puckett goes 6 for 6 in Milwaukee (ON the list because I saw that in person)

9. 1991. North Stars Finish off Oilers in game 5 to go to Cup finals (bittersweet because I had game 6 tickets)

10. Tie. The announcement of the expansion T-Wolves and Wild.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2006 - Steelers SBXL win

2006 - Pens game day before Super Bowl. A sea of Terrible Towels in the Mellon Arena.

2005 - Crosby is announced as first star in game v.s. NY Rangers and he comes out of the locker room waving a Terrible Towel.

2005 - Crosby's Shootout goal V.S. the Habs on Nov. 11 I was there. Lemieux also scored his last goal.

Now stuff i wasnt alive for...

1985 - Pens draft Lemieux

1980 - "DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES? YES!"

1979 - Steelers and Pirates are champions.

1960 - Mazeroski's World Series winning Homerun.

oBIgzrL.png

When Jordan came back- Yes I'm aware that he wasn't that great but growing up I didn't get to see him play that much

Kenyon Martin gets picked number 1 overall in 2000 nba draft

Dale Jr. wins at daytona the same year senior died

Ray Bourque wins his first Stanley Cup

Boston Wins the World Series!

might as well.......

My least favorite moment

Tony Bobbitt gets decked in the "upper groin" against DePaul in the C-USA tournament in 04

Archived