Birmingham team to wear Bible-themed jerseys

OHLArenaGuide

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that rediculous. what about the nonreligous type, i for one would be offended.

just playing DEVILS advocate , but the New Jersey DEVILS and the Tampa Bay DEVIL Rays play with little fanfare and even the NHL allows.....SATAN 91 himself to play!!!So I say give these folks their obscure night that we are only further promoting by discussing it. It does seem odd. Will the players be allowed to curse while wearing the jersies?

Actually Miroslav Satan wears 81. If it was up to me, he'd be traded to the New Jersey Devils and they'd assign him #6 so when he skates away from you you see 6 on one arm, 6 on the back and 6 on the other arm! *LOL* As far as not hearing much about God anymore... mmm... try a church that might help! *LOL*

I think it's neat. You don't hear that much about God anymore.

It's true. The Christian Right has no voice... WHA??!!! :blink:

To each their own, I guess, but to me, it would be great if there was some place you could go, like on Sundays or something, where one could discus their religious beliefs with likeminded people instead of airing it in public places where it's likely there are going to be people that have no interest in the topic.

To me, this is no different than if their jerseys were supporting a political candidate or platform. It's tacky, it's innappropriate, and I can't imagine the outroar if the team had Quran Jersey night, for instance. Just because there are more Christians in that part of the world than other religions doesn't mean that the double standard is okay.

I hope they get there asses kicked in those jerseys. ^_^

On matters like this, I never understand while the faithful aren't more outraged than the faithless.

If you plastered icons deeply held beliefs all over jerseys just to sell tickets, I'd be pretty upset. I never understand how a person's faith can be held so cynically as to be used like this, or to sell $75 Blue Jays knockoffs, like shown above.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On matters like this, I never understand while the faithful aren't more outraged than the faithless.

If you plastered icons deeply held beliefs all over jerseys just to sell tickets, I'd be pretty upset. I never understand how a person's faith can be held so cynically as to be used like this, or to sell $75 Blue Jays knockoffs, like shown above.

As would I. Never understood that thinking.

Jesus was the world's second zombie (he died and came back to life - zombie) and zombies are  :censored:ing scary.

was Lamicus the first?

If I was, don't you think I'd have mod status by now?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This is the most ridiculious thing I have ever heard! I agree totally that I would be offended and very upset. There IS the seperation between church and state as there should be a seperation between church and SPORTS! This is stupid. IF people want to preach their religion there are times and places to do that (ie IN CHURCH?)NOT on a playing field where many fans may not share that opinion!

What's there to be offended about?

the fact that they are pushing a particular religion.

the act of pushing religion i find rather offending.

Then get a helmet and toughen up.

Having someone promote their religion isn't any more offensive than someone promoting a poker tournament or Hooters coupons at a game.

Besides, being "offended" isn't a horrible, scarring offense, despite what PC nutjobs say.

It's part of life. Get used to it.

What's there to be offended about?

the fact that they are pushing a particular religion.

the act of pushing religion i find rather offending.

Then get a helmet and toughen up.

Having someone promote their religion isn't any more offensive than someone promoting a poker tournament or Hooters coupons at a game.

Besides, being "offended" isn't a horrible, scarring offense, despite what PC nutjobs say.

It's part of life. Get used to it.

But when you want money

for people with minds that hate

All I can tell is brother you have to wait

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Pretty lame idea, but it'll fatten their pockets and the gimmick will draw some new people.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Strange idea, but I don't find it offensive in any way. If the team thinks it will draw some attention and/or put butts in the seats, it is their prerogative to do it. It is also my prerogative to stay home if I don't want to support the message being promoted.

My only question is, and maybe I missed this, what is the "Samson" part on the front all about?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived