Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Devils 4 Rangers 2.

Devils Sweep Series. Have won 15 in a row. Tieing an NHL record for combined regular season and playoff winning streak.

The Devils look like an unstoppable team right now.

I thinkt eh further they go the harder they'll be to stop.

Once Bordeur gets on a roll he's hard to knock off.

But then the next round is a whole new start.

But so far they look like the favorites.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

An octopus was thrown onto the ice near Roloson when the U.S. anthem finished, and Oilers forward Brad Winchester was prepared. He had a plastic baggie on his hand under his glove. He picked the octopus up and took it to his team's bench, where the training staff was waiting with a box

winchester.gif

^_^

LET'S GO OILERS!

I think you can some up the Rangers playoffs in one word HELL! They got their asses kicked up and down the ice aand back and forth, now on to the 2nd round as the Devils Continue to Go 4 the Cup.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, Ottawa just punched their ticket to the second round. Now, who will they play?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Its funny, the only times Ottawa makes it out of the first round is when they don't face Toronto...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

8. Tampa Bay vs. 1. Ottawa - Ottawa in 6

7. Montreal vs. 2. Carolina - Carolina in 5

6. NY Rangers vs. 3. New Jersey - New Jersey in 6

5. Philadelphia vs. 4. Buffalo - Buffalo in 7

8. Edmonton vs. 1. Detroit - Detroit in 4

7. Colorado vs. 2. Dallas - Colorado in 5

6. Anaheim vs. 3. Calgary - Calgary in 7

5. San Jose vs. 4. Nashville - San Jose in 4

so far 2 of my teams have advanced, though not in the number of games i have hoped.

i need wins in Carolina and Buffalo for the east. i have my worries about the sabres, but i am confident with the Canes.

Detroit needs to pull out 2 wins. Colorado is on their way to taking that series 4-1. stars aren't comming back down 3-0, so that pick is safe. The Flames/Ducks series is close and will probably decided in a game 7, with the hopes of the Flames pulling it out. SJ is on their way to knocking the Preds out in 5.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't see the Ducks or Flames advancing to the Finals, as when they're done duking it out, they won't have much left to keep on going tbh...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Its funny, the only times Ottawa makes it out of the first round is when they don't face Toronto...

...and yet somehow this doesn't change the fact that the Maple Leafs are fighting each other for the good tee times right about now.

^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...and yet somehow this doesn't change the fact that the Maple Leafs are fighting each other for the good tee times right about now.

^_^

Well, I say the Leafs petition the NHL to contract the league by at least 22 teams so they'll have a reaslistic shot at winning the Cup again. They seem only to be able to do it when the NHL has 8 teams or fewer. :P

^_^

Well, I say the Leafs petition the NHL to contract the league by at least 22 teams so they'll have a reaslistic shot at winning the Cup again. They seem only to be able to do it when the NHL has 8 teams or fewer. :P

I think your math is a little off...you named 2 teams too many. :P

Hey, I like the Leafs logic in gettin good on the greens so when Ottawa joins them they will be able to whoop them...just like they were whooped on ice...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

^_^

Hey, I like the Leafs logic in gettin good on the greens so when Ottawa joins them they will be able to whoop them...just like they were whooped on ice...

Actually, my math is perfectly correct. The Leafs won the Stanley Cup in 1932, when the NHL had 8 teams in the league, the most ever in the league in a year where the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. Of course, you could have Chicago help you out with the proposal because they seem to have almost the same problem, except they won the Cup when the NHL had 9 teams (1934).

^_^

Actually, my math is perfectly correct. The Leafs won the Stanley Cup in 1932, when the NHL had 8 teams in the league, the most ever in the league in a year where the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. Of course, you could have Chicago help you out with the proposal because they seem to have almost the same problem, except they won the Cup when the NHL had 9 teams (1934).

The Leafs won it in 67.

Hi, how are you?

When it's all said and done, the Sens have played the Leafs four times in the playoffs, and the Leafs have won all four. The only time time the Sens advanced further then the second round was when they didn't have to play Toronto, and the same will hold true this year if Ottawa makes it out of round two.

If you want to get technical about it, the leafs won it in 1917 as the Toronto Arenas, when they not only had to win the NHL championship, but also had to defeate the PCHL champion.

All in all though, I admit I was going for the Senators in the series against Tampa. It's always great to see a Canadian team advance (this is also the reason it was bittersweat to watch the Leafs beat the Sens four times. Yes it was great to see the Leafs win, but on the other hand, it was a Canadian team eliminating an other Canadian team) :flagcanada:

Archived