I wish the Bucs would use these uniforms.

beansdooma

As much as I think those letters are awsome, I dont think that they would be too legible on the field. I think maybe if they were a little more calm, but the same kind of style, then it would be pretty cool.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but basically those numbers are too complicated to work on the field. They would be illegible on TV and from the cheap seats in the stadium, and any sort of glare or fold of the jersey could distort them and make them indistinguishable for photogs. I think they're better off sticking with the varsity block numbers for games.

The Cowboys should make their practice jerseys into their real jerseys.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Like most teams in the NFL, they are using their walkthrough jerseys in those pics. They are only used on days when there are no pads being used. The numbers would never be approved for field use becuase, as some have stated here, they are not legible.

dodgers-1.png

Those seem like something out of the XFL. I think they're great for practice jerseys, but on the field they would be a mess because the numbers are just too goofy. As boring as block number can be sometimes, people often do prefer them.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

i think they are slightly too stylized, but I dont hate them. I'd like to see them clean them up just slightly, and use them.

Teams redesigning to look more modern, like the Vikings did, only to use old school block numbers is ridiculous and slackass.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Forget about these practice jerseys. What has been the reasoning behind not using a pewter alternate jersey?

You put a pewter jersey (with white numbers trimmed just like the regular red jersey numbers are) with pewter helmet, white pants, black socks and black shoes and that would be a really cool look. Plus, it wouldn't be another black alternate jersey (that so many of you are so bothered by).

It would look good and it would be different from any other team in the NFL. It would certainly look better than the dingy silver jersey's that NE has worn. And, since pewter is so dark, it could be used as the dark jersey (with the opponent in white).

The Bucs haven't done any updating to their unis since they made their debut in 97'. They have, in my opinion, the best uniform in the NFL. A pewter alternate would cap it off.

Anyone have pics from the Bucs' minicamp jerseys of a few years back? I recall black numbers and color blocks on the shoulders and sleeves. I also recall liking it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1st , the reason they don't use the # is because of the view from the nosebleed area would play hell on peoples eyes . but I do like them .

2nd , The pewter was denied in 2003 by the NFL front office saying "pewter is a neutral color & cant not be used in the uniform . " & "GM Bruce Allen said no citrus is coming back at this time & we will not be wearing black when we play in central florida ."

3rd , thats about the must stupid thing I have ever heard if it'd good enough for pants then whats wrong ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

2nd , The pewter was denied in 2003 by the NFL front office saying "pewter is a neutral color & cant not be used in the uniform . " & "GM Bruce Allen said no citrus is coming back at this time & we will not be wearing black when we play in central florida ."

Well the Patriots wear silver, isn't silver a neutral color?

I think their practice jerseys used Bank Gothic. Honestly, it's one of those fonts that's used everywhere, and I know it when I see it, but I can't place the name.

Also, evil eye to the NFL for forcing Playmakers off the air.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Cutesy number fonts have to go.

I don't want to have to squint to see what the heck number a player is wearing when watching on TV.

You're right, but if a team can make a number font other than block look good, I'm all for it. Like when the Lightning used Reporter Two as their number font. That was pretty sweet looking.

Archived