New Browns Uniforms

CBOhioU

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the brown didn't change at all, they are fine.

But from waht I remember seeing the replicas and such, the brown was more...well brown.

I'll trust PANTONE for sure. Until I see otherwise on the field, I'm going to assume the brown fabric will be exactly the same color as before.

i'm no expert, but i think pantones can be very misleading.

2 things can be the exact same pantone, but look completely different, depending on the style of fabric.

maybe the browns just changed fabric a little bit, to something more "shimmery"... which makes the color look less saturated, and thus greyer/purpler

either way, i AM happy to see brown pants... although i'd put stripes on them.

i've wanted to see the browns in brown pants for years.

will they really have brown pants? i thought they were ditching the orange and staying with just white pants for both road and home. They better not wear a brown/brown combo or else they are just asking for more nicknames in the vein of "the stains". The league doesn't need a team of poopsicles. As of now i think the browns have made good improvements all around. The stripes are better, the color will probably look fine and the grey facemask is a major plus. now, no more talk of the browns making good moves.

Speaking as a Ravens fan, I've always heard the story that Lerner was one of the guys most instrumental in bringing Modell to Baltimore. I know for a fact that he was on the plane the day the papers were signed.

So if that's true, even if he did help bring an expansion franchise back, how does that earn Lerner a permanent uniform tribute????

Some Brown fan...please explain.

My guess is there's nothing else to be excited about in Cleveland, so in order to make it look like they have a deep "history" (which we all know is an expansion team from 1999) they put a tribute on the sleeve ala Chicago. Seems silly if you ask me, seeing as all those great Cleveland teams from the past are actually residing in the history of the Baltimore Ravens, albeit not officially.

Just to compare old vs. new...

New Version:

p2751990dt.jpg

Old Version:

00220844_z.jpg

WOW!!! What a difference!!! :rolleyes:

The Browns already had a "retro" uniform. Now they are trying to be 'extra' retro. Yawn.

All those stripes on the sleeves and socks will look goofy. But, hey, if they wore them in 1963, they had to look good, right? :P

Speaking as a Ravens fan, I've always heard the story that Lerner was one of the guys most instrumental in bringing Modell to Baltimore.  I know for a fact that he was on the plane the day the papers were signed. 

So if that's true, even if he did help bring an expansion franchise back, how does that earn Lerner a permanent uniform tribute????

IIRC, Lerner wasn't just on the plane, it was actually his plane.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Speaking as a Ravens fan, I've always heard the story that Lerner was one of the guys most instrumental in bringing Modell to Baltimore.  I know for a fact that he was on the plane the day the papers were signed. 

IIRC, Lerner wasn't just on the plane, it was actually his plane.

True enough.

He was more instrumental in moving the Browns to Baltimore than he was bringing a new expansion franchise to Cleveland. If anything, the Ravens should have a sleeve patch tribute to him.

Would be nice if they actually used a brown that was more brown than black.

It's seems we are gradually moving toward team colors that are various shades of black:

Chargers- royal to black with a blue tint

Browns- brown to black with a brown tint

Rams- royal to black with a blue tint

Seahawks- royal to black with a blue tint

Broncos- light royal to black with a blue tint

etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure we're not far away from:

Packers- green to black with a green tint

Raiders- black to black with double black tint

Brown pants instead of orange? :therock:

I hope this isn't true.

Orange helmet /brown jersey/brown pants..................NO

Orange helmet/ white jersey /brown pants..................NO

Both combinations would look horrible. The orange pants looked alright with both jerseys because they matched the helmet, I can't imagine brown.

MegatronSig2.jpg

being a browns fan-- i agree, they have been wearing they AL patch a season or two, too long. I respect Al Lerner but if it becomes a permanent change to all their unis i will be very dissapointed.

(plus i believe his son randy lerner owns part of the team now, that's half th reason they're keeping it, IMO.)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I posted this last night, and then wimped out and took it down...

...I'm feeling generous again...here is the OFFICIAL Browns' set:

ClevelandBrowns_UN_2006-9999_SOL.jpg

Don't know if these Brown pants will ever see the light of day, but check out the second pair of White pants (with thinner striping), and the DARK Gray facemasks...

Archived