New Browns Uniforms

CBOhioU

So the home look will be Brown over white, I'm assuming. That'd be too bad, because I actually preferred the white on white home look.

Will the standard road uniform still be white over white? I don't think white over brown will look bad at all, but I can't see the Browns changing that iconic look on the road.

All the same, the AL is incredibly dumb. Incredibly. There are a million owners whose initials should be on uniforms before Al Lerner.

Eddie D is one of them but definitely not John York

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lerner was a Minority owner of the old Browns & has a key part in stalemating the Move Until a settlement , & him & some Cleveland Lawyers kept the "Brown's" alive from 96-98 . So I could see where he has a Name on the sleeve .

He Saved the Browns ------------ :grin:

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'm saying that this change was unneeded. The all brown pants with no stripes, the second white pair, and worst of all, the gray mask are uncalled for.

KISSwall09.jpg

Lerner was a Minority owner of the old Browns & has a key part in stalemating the Move Until a settlement , & him & some Cleveland Lawyers kept the "Brown's" alive from 96-98 . So I could see where he has a Name on the sleeve .

There is some debate as to how much of a roll he played in helping the Browns move to Baltimore. I have read a few articles on the subject and saw a show on ESPN "Why you can't completely blame Art Model" or something like that, but it's been a while so I don't have the complete facts straight. But I do remember it was being said that Lerner helped to move the Browns so he could become the majority owner for the new franchise. Like I said, I do not have all of the facts, I can't remember them, but there is some question as to his priorities. I'm not sure he should be praised as the "hero" necessairly.

Lerner was a Minority owner of the old Browns & has a key part in stalemating the Move Until a settlement , & him & some Cleveland Lawyers kept the "Brown's" alive from 96-98 .  So I could see where he has a Name on the sleeve .

There is some debate as to how much of a roll he played in helping the Browns move to Baltimore. I have read a few articles on the subject and saw a show on ESPN "Why you can't completely blame Art Model" or something like that, but it's been a while so I don't have the complete facts straight. But I do remember it was being said that Lerner helped to move the Browns so he could become the majority owner for the new franchise. Like I said, I do not have all of the facts, I can't remember them, but there is some question as to his priorities. I'm not sure he should be praised as the "hero" necessairly.

I found this quote, it doesn't elaborate on his involvment, but it certainly outlines the fact that his motives were questionable.

"When Lerner was asked how the fans in the Dawg Pound would react to him, considering his role in moving the team in the first place, he said, 'I certainly hope that's not an issue. I guess that's up to them to decide how they want to react. Our job is give them the best team we can.'"

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/bal...76.story?page=2

Of course he can do it. His team.

But whether he should do it is another story, and well within the boundaries of this site's discussions.

When a tribute is so wildly out of proportion to the person's accomplishments, that's worthy of ridicule. When the tribute is based more on the person's familial relationship to the owner (as your post tacitly acknowledges), that too is worthy of ridicule.

What I find so mind-boggling is that we're not talking about a new franchise, that feels it has to manufacture history. This is a proud team with a rich tradition, that somehow feels that it has to elevate the owner's dad to the League's loftiest heights because he's the owner's dad.

So, is the default reaod uniform for the Browns white over brown or what?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was also a little disappointed in the "AL" still being on the sleeve...I'd like to see "PB" for Paul Brown instead.

CurrDawg

Wasn't Paul Brown forced out of the Browns organization?

Yeah, Paul Brown, the father of modern football and the founder of the Cleveland Browns was "pushed out" of the Browns organization by a shyster owner from New Yark named Arthur Modell.

When the crap was going down about moving the Browns in '94 my dad said "I haven't trusted that guy since he fired Paul Brown in the 60s.

fade.gif

I've seen the jerseys(replicas) in person at a mall here in Cleveland, and all of you who are in a panic that they have a greyish-brown look to them...fear not!!! The photo from the Reebok website is a horrible misrepresentation of what they really look like. Other posts have suggested that they have gone from a milk chocolate brown to a special dark brown...this would probably be the best way to describe the color brown they chose...it is very dark, almost black, but these are just replicas.

I really like the stripes on the sleeves now! This is how the jerseys were back in the day(50's and 60's). I always hated the brown stripes separating the orange and white stripes. I was also a little disappointed in the "AL" still being on the sleeve...I'd like to see "PB" for Paul Brown instead.

CurrDawg

Has no one read any of my many posts on this subject??? Not only in this thread (a couple of times), but in at least two or three other posts in various threads for months now.

THE BROWN DIDN'T CHANGE. IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME FABRIC COLOR AS IT HAS BEEN SINCE 1999.

Thank you very much.

KillingJoke.jpg

It is not the same color brown they have been using since 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a BROWNS jersey (old one) two months ago and when I saw the new jerseys in the mall last week I immediately noticed the difference...it is a darker brown, I'm not F-ing color blind!!!!!

Thank you very much. <_<

It is not the same color brown they have been using since 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a BROWNS jersey (old one) two months ago and when I saw the new jerseys in the mall last week I immediately noticed the difference...it is a darker brown, I'm not F-ing color blind!!!!!

Thank you very much. <_<

According to all of the official NFL Style Guides, it is.

I guess your mall is more legit than official NFL documents, huh.

Thank you very much. <_<

But of course the mall is more legit. We all know that Reebok takes the upmost care in the manufacture of their replicas..........

What's the big deal? Let the Browns honor a deceased owner. Why all the fuss? If the Browns owner has the power to honor his dad in this way, why not let him do it?

It's one thing to honor however it's another thing to take it overboard.

Let's take the Devils for an example. Shortly before the season form New Jersey Devils owner John McMullen past away. To honor him the Devils wore a JM patch for the season. That is fine however I doubt the will continue to wear the patch next season and seasons after that like the Browns have done. After Lerner died the Browns started to wear an AL patch. Which was fine then the next season they continued to wear it which was again fine in my book because it wasn't a full season yet. However wearing it the following seasons took it overboard. Lerner wasn't George Halas who was a founder of the league.

After all it was Lerner who introduced Modell to the Baltimore officials. The deal to move the Browns took place on Lerner's plane. It is very possible that if it wasn't for Lerner the Browns might have never moved to begin with. That in return would mean Cleveland would have had a team for the 3 years it didn't, the team wouldn't be as bad as it wouldn't have been an expansion team. The team probably would have won a Super Bowl (As the Ravens won a Super Bowl, though I'm not sure how player moves would have been different though).

So basically the Browns are paying permanent tribute to the guy that caused them to be out of football for 3 years and has caused the team to be as bad as it was coming back.

Thank you very much. <_<

It's just a n00b mistake. He obviously doesn't know the legend of PANTONE quite yet. PANTONE, my friend, is the definitive source for NFL and MLB uniform information on this board. He has done years of research and has NFL and MLB style guides dating back a few decades. In other words, he's right, because his info comes from the Official NFL Style Guide.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My guess is there's nothing else to be excited about in Cleveland, so in order to make it look like they have a deep "history" (which we all know is an expansion team from 1999) they put a tribute on the sleeve ala Chicago. Seems silly if you ask me, seeing as all those great Cleveland teams from the past are actually residing in the history of the Baltimore Ravens, albeit not officially.

I don't know why I am responding to such incompetent drivel.

If you seriously think this, you are about as misinformed as a human could possibly be. I have never read anything more ignorant than this post.

Unbelievable.

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

I like the jerseys, but the AL needs to go. It was a nice symbol, but the man passed away years ago and he was only the owner for a short period of time. Great man, but he shouldn't be a constant part of the jersey.

I do agree with this. It is time to drop it, maybe well overdue.

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

Archived