NHL 2006-2007 Rumors

charger77

I copied this from the Edmonton Oilers Form:

This could be made-up for all I know:

"A friend of mine works at a sports retail store in British Columbia. RBK supposedly comes in for meetings to update them on these things. He wrote this:

Vancouver: Current alternate is discontinued. Using blue 1970's vintage as an alternate.

Buffalo: Complete change.

Anaheim: Complete change.

Boston: Using black vintage as alternate. Not sure if the current alternate (yellow bear) is being discontinued.

Washington: Complete change. Red, White and Blue will be the base colours.

Edmonton: Using blue vintage as an alternate after Dec. 1/06. Not sure if current alternate is being discontinued.

Calgary: Black jersey is discontinued.

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A friend of mine works at a sports retail store in British Columbia. RBK supposedly comes in for meetings to update them on these things. He wrote this:

Vancouver: Current alternate is discontinued. Using blue 1970's vintage as an alternate.

Boston: Using black vintage as alternate. Not sure if the current alternate (yellow bear) is being discontinued.

Edmonton: Using blue vintage as an alternate after Dec. 1/06. Not sure if current alternate is being discontinued.

Dan

Most of this is consistant with what I'm hearing, FWIW

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I ain't gonna lie...I love this.

Love the "Rink" Vancouver jerseys

Love Buffalo in blue and gold

Excited to see what Anaheim does, Orange and Black is what the rumor is, apparently

LOVE Washington in Red, White and Blue! How is any other color combination acceptable? I never understood this.

Edmonton Gretzky-era blue jerseys are just associated with a winning tradition--especially if the Cup's filled with Oil this year...

Actually, the only one I'm "meh" about is the Calgary black. All their jerseys are kinda the same to me.

As a side note, if the B's switch back the Neely/Bourque era jerseys (or even the Orr/Espo "Big Bad Bruins" threads) AND ditch the Winnie the Pooh abominations, I will do backflips.

And proudly wear that black vintage #8 that's hanging in my closet :hockeysmiley:

Dan

Vancouver: People in BC are delusional. It's not a good-looking logo. Why continue to bring it back?

Buffalo: Current look is nice, but perhaps somethign pseudo-retro would be in the cards

Anaheim: discussed ad nauseum

Boston: I assume these are the blacks in question:

Bruins1.gif

Washington: Hopefully something in the vein of the original jersey, but with a better logo ;)

Edmonton: I like the alternates, but a return to the Gretzky-era unis are scrumptious

Calgary: I like the horse, but tbh, that team needs and identity overhaul

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Dan

For what it's worth, I've heard most of this as well...except for some of the Vintage stuff.

Capitals - same logo, patriotic colors

Thrashers - ditching the original dark blue w/ alternate logo sweater; will only wear the ATLANTA-sleeved sweater at home next season

Ducks and Sabres new logos/sweaters unveiling at the Draft. And I think you guys have been had on the Ducks' design....

Cards.png

LOVE Washington in Red, White and Blue! How is any other color combination acceptable? I never understood this.

This is the same Washington DC in which there was a team called the Federals which were green, silver, and white. That was because of the owner's damn yacht.

Dan

I saw this same post, word for word, on the official Buffalo Sabres forums. The poster also added this on said site :

Specifically about the Sabres jersey...an update on the current jersey with slightly altered blue and gold colors. The alternate is the exact blue jersey worn in the Sabres early era.

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

:censored: the vintage as an alternate! make them whole set what the Bruins had before the trash they have now!!!

(dance)

Hear Hear!

It's been said a million times on Bruins message boards, but an organization like Boston needs to go back to their old style. You know, the one they had when they were winning. None of this Fleetcenter-era Pooh Bear s***. It's awful. Get back with tradition!

Capitals - same logo, patriotic colors

Thrashers - ditching the original dark blue w/ alternate logo sweater; will only wear the ATLANTA-sleeved sweater at home next season

Ducks and Sabres new logos/sweaters unveiling at the Draft. And I think you guys have been had on the Ducks' design....

Will they still use the Eagle logo, or are they switching to the Capitol building one as the new primary?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Will they still use the Eagle logo, or are they switching to the Capitol building one as the new primary?

They've pretty much switched to the dome as the primary logo already. It's on the home jerseys, center ice at Verizon Center, the media guide, the stationery, the web site, etc.

The use of the eagle is pretty much limited to three things -- the jerseys (white=chest, black=shoulders) and the mascot.

But this could be something completely different.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I bought one each of the Neely solid white and solid black jersey's back in 1995. To this day, I haven't bought any of the new style Bruins jersey's. Could not stand how the B's went from an Original Six look to an Expansion team look ---ACH!!

I hope to hell that they are going back to a Neely/Bourque era jersey as there home/away with the Vintage '72's as the 3rd.

This franchise needs it badly!!

Quoting Fred T. Jane:

"Vancouver: People in BC are delusional. It's not a good-looking logo. Why continure to bring it back?"

Hallelujah!!!! Amen!!!

It's a dumb, boring logo. Oooh, a hockey stick. How original?

Archived