NHL 2006-2007 Rumors

charger77

Quoting Fred T. Jane:

"Vancouver: People in BC are delusional. It's not a good-looking logo. Why continure to bring it back?"

Hallelujah!!!! Amen!!!

It's a dumb, boring logo. Oooh, a hockey stick. How original?

First of its not just a hockey stick it's a c with a hockey stick in it. Second it's better than what they have now, Third i could say that thing about the bruins logo or candiens logo being boring, oooh a b how orignal, oooh a c with h how origina.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of its not just a hockey stick it's a c with a hockey stick in it.  Second it's better than what they have now, Third i could say that thing about the bruins logo or candiens logo being boring, oooh a b how orignal, oooh a c with h how origina.

Stanley Cups

Montreal's "CH"- 25

Boston's "B"- 5

Vancouver's "Stick C logo" 0

So it's lame and not associated with success (The Canucks all time record with the "Stick C" logo is 206-335-91). Explain to me why the franchise would want to continue to be associated with it?

...and it's original and Canadiens. www.askoxford.com is your friend.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I should probably be a little mad about the Capitals since I have an Ovechkin white jersey in the mail as we speak, but I like that style. I don't much care for their current black jersey, though. And red-white-and-blue jerseys are dime a dozen.

Besides, it'll have "street cred" as a rookie of the year throwback or something.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Thrashers - ditching the original dark blue w/ alternate logo sweater; will only wear the ATLANTA-sleeved sweater at home next season

oh dear lord, why? i'm not the biggest fan of the blue thrasher-T uniforms, but one arm atlanta uniform is worse.

Is the one arm atlanta jersey that popular among thrasher fans, that they want it as their primary home jersey?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

hopefully the oilers wont discontinue the current third jersey, because its the most popular/best selling third the nhl has had

Seriously?! That's surprising IMO. I presonally can't stand it but I guess I'm in the minority.

I am really going to miss the Flames alt. It has really cool colors and an amazing logo.

I didn't like it as a primary uni, but it's perfect as an alt. Sufficiently different than the primary unis (not just a recolorization) but still recognizable as the Flames.

So, we'll get one year of euphoria at these much needed changes, then have our hopes and dreams crash to the ground when they bust out the tight, circulation crippling abominations the year after.

Enjoy it while you can!

VmWIn6B.png

First of its not just a hockey stick it's a c with a hockey stick in it.  Second it's better than what they have now, Third i could say that thing about the bruins logo or candiens logo being boring, oooh a b how orignal, oooh a c with h how origina.

First, it's something that could be done in Paint.

Second, no, it's not better than what they have not. So, it has a corprate tie-in, but guess what, that has always been done. The Green Bay Packers, so named because they were sponsered by Acme Packers. The Detroit Pistons were orginally named after the first owner's auto parts business.

Third, the Canadiens' logo has been in use in some way shape or form since the team started, Boston's uses one of Boston's nicknames. And they're both simple and CLASSY. The Cancuck's C is just 70's :censored:!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Stanley Cups

Montreal's "CH"- 25

Boston's "B"- 5

So it's lame and not associated with success (The Canucks all time record with the "Stick C" logo is 206-335-91). Explain to me why the franchise would want to continue to be associated with it?

Yo Brendan,want some ice with that burn?

hopefully the oilers wont discontinue the current third jersey, because its the most popular/best selling third the nhl has had

Seriously?! That's surprising IMO. I presonally can't stand it but I guess I'm in the minority.

Yeah i think that Oilers alt is the ugliest jersey in the league.

I copied this from the Edmonton Oilers Form:

This could be made-up for all I know:

"A friend of mine works at a sports retail store in British Columbia. RBK supposedly comes in for meetings to update them on these things. He wrote this:

Vancouver: Current alternate is discontinued. Using blue 1970's vintage as an alternate.

Buffalo: Complete change.

Anaheim: Complete change.

Boston: Using black vintage as alternate. Not sure if the current alternate (yellow bear) is being discontinued.

Washington: Complete change. Red, White and Blue will be the base colours.

Edmonton: Using blue vintage as an alternate after Dec. 1/06. Not sure if current alternate is being discontinued.

Calgary: Black jersey is discontinued.

Dan

Vancouver: People in BC are delusional. It's not a good-looking logo. Why continue to bring it back?

Buffalo: Current look is nice, but perhaps somethign pseudo-retro would be in the cards

Anaheim: discussed ad nauseum

Boston: I assume these are the blacks in question:

Bruins1.gif

Washington: Hopefully something in the vein of the original jersey, but with a better logo ;)

Edmonton: I like the alternates, but a return to the Gretzky-era unis are scrumptious

Calgary: I like the horse, but tbh, that team needs and identity overhaul

Oh yeah i forgot, when you have a hot selling jersey, you should never market it. Why couldn't i think of that? Jeez. The entire business world should listen to you. ^_^

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Oh yeah i forgot, when you have a hot selling jersey, you should never market it. Why couldn't i think of that? Jeez. The entire business world should listen to you. ^_^

Just because people buy it doesn't make it any better. McDonald's food anyone?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Stanley Cups

Montreal's "CH"- 25

Boston's "B"- 5

It dosen't matter how many times the candiens and bruins have won with those logo, they may have history dosn't mean there not plain and boring like the canucks logo ( i wouldn't want the bruins or candiens to change btw)

First, it's something that could be done in Paint.

Second, no, it's not better than what they have not. So, it has a corprate tie-in, but guess what, that has always been done. The Green Bay Packers, so named because they were sponsered by Acme Packers. The Detroit Pistons were orginally named after the first owner's auto parts business.

Third, the Canadiens' logo has been in use in some way shape or form since the team started, Boston's uses one of Boston's nicknames. And they're both simple and CLASSY. The Cancuck's C is just 70's !

The packers and Pistons are way older than the canucks and back then there was no problem with cooporate logos but now having a coorprate logo sucks and most people would agree with me. And again i could make the bruins or candiens logo in ms paint to it just wouldn't be very good like if i made the stick/c logo.

o yah

i dont get it i thought my post made perfect sense.

Vancouver's old stick, C, rink, whatever logo is just plain stupid. Literally plain....and stupid.

I'm sorry, but I missed the rumor about the Lightning's new jerseys........or did I not?

hint hint nudge nudge..........

SigReflect.png

It dosen't matter how many times the candiens and bruins have won with those logo, they may have history dosn't mean there not plain and boring like the canucks logo ( i wouldn't want the bruins or candiens to change btw)

I know I know, "Pearls before swine," but here I go...

(1) The Habs' and B's logos are simple and straightforward, unlike the "Stick C" which obviously seeks to do something more than that whilst being minimalist. Simple and straightforward= classic that never goes out of style, whereas Minimalist= silly when it's out of style (like the Canucks "Stick C" logo today).

(2) The Habs' and Bruins' logos were designed in the 1910s-1930s. One would think that the designers of the "Stick C" logo would have realised that the discipline of Graphical Design had advanced enough since then to try something a bit, er, better?

Of course, I'd like to note that the only people speaking on the thread in favour of the Canucks' logo are Canucks supporters. Rose...er Blue-green coloured glasses perhaps?

i dont get it i thought my post made perfect sense.

Of course you wouldn't... :rolleyes:

So, we'll get one year of euphoria at these much needed changes, then have our hopes and dreams crash to the ground when they bust out the tight, circulation crippling abominations the year after.

Enjoy it while you can!

Hey, I haven't heard a peep about the AHL or ECHL and that terrible idea. Please tell me they are staying the same, right? So I could track down a Worcester Sharks and Victoria Salmon Kings jersey and not look like an idiot?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Yeah i think that Oilers alt is the ugliest jersey in the league.

it seems to be a hit or miss with people, but a lot more hits than misses. from everything i've heard, it really was the best selling one the nhl has ever had.

The old Cancuks logo is very bland,they should keep the whale they have now

I think everyone would agree with you.

Except Canucks fans seem to have horrible taste for some reason. Their current stuff is the best they've ever had. And they need to distance themselves from their past. :P

Archived