Hawaii Winter Baseball

Ez Street

Hawaii Winter Baseball League is back. Here are some logos....

beach_boys_logo.gif

canefires_logo.gif

honu_logo.gif

sharks_logo.gif

Hawaii Winter League Returns with a Fresh Look and Telecasts in the U.S. and Japan

Honolulu, Hawaii - Baseball's winter leagues will see a new entry this year as the Hawaii Winter Baseball League returns with a fresh look, new teams, strong national and international endorsements, and HWB game telecasts scheduled for Hawaii, the U.S. mainland, and Japan.

Nowhere will the new global look of baseball be more apparent than in Hawaii when the first pitch is thrown out for the 40-game season, October 1 through November 22, 2006 on Oahu. The league will secure players from the Major League Clubs, such as the San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston Red Sox and Atlanta Braves, as well as from professional leagues in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China.

"A fast-ball might be calibrated in kilometers for the China, Japan, Taiwan and Korea players, but it's still mighty fast at this level by whatever you call it," says Duane Kurisu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hawaii Winter Baseball, who will announce the league's return at a press conference 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at the Willows Restaurant.

Website

I REALLY like that North Shore logo, but the Waikiki logo looks like it is more appropriate for for "Young Studs" magazine or something along those lines, not an baseball team.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

As this mentioned the RETURN of Hawaii winter league baseball, I remember seeing most of these logos a few years back in the league's previous incarnation(late 90s). West Oahu and Honolulu are essentially unchanged from that time; the Waikiki Beach Boys were updated (different "beach boy"), while the North Shore name and logo appears completely brand new (and rather cool).

I think there was another Hawaiian league team back then called the Maui Stingrays, which had a rather cool red and black logo of a stingray pitching.

I'll see if I can find the old ones....

It is what it is.

No Stingrays?

There is hope...

the stingrays had one of the best logos....

MauiStingRays.GIF

I prefer this version...

11nx2.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The North Shore "turtles" logo is effin' awesome.

But, as has been stated, I cannot emphasize how stupid that golden boy logo is.

And yes, the old Maui Stingrays logo is quite simply a million times better than anything the Devil Rays have ever trotted out in their miserable existence.

Archived