Saying So Long...

TruColor

Just wanted to drop you all a note (for those of you who care), to let you know that I am leaving this forum, and more than likely won't be back. It's nothing personal against anyone on this board; I'm just realizing that with all of the "leaking" of confidential information that's going on, and with the incorrect assumptions made by some that I am somehow involved in the leaks, that it's going to potentially make it difficult for me to continue gaining the trust of the leagues and teams. It's taken me a number of years to grow my network of designers, professionals and friends, and I don't want to jeopardize their trust.

I'll still lurk from time-to-time...however, I'll probably start building up my own neglected forum and post there occasionally.

Good luck to all of you.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear it. I haven't been here very long myself, but I have definitely enjoyed your contributions where I have seen them. Good luck with everything.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I'm sorry to hear this Donovan. I totally understand what you're getting, and it's a shame if you end up getting scapegoated just because of your insider knowledge in the industry.

You have been a tremendous member and resource here, and I think in many cases you have been underappreciated. I hope you continue your work with the SSUR, and I hope that I can be a help to you if you need it as well.

And don't be too much of a stranger, y'hear? :P

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

We'll miss you, Donovan. Thanks for all your contributions. Especially the textile colours game. That was fun ... and educational. I can still remember that Kansas City and Seattle are the two MLB teams with "Lollipop" in their primary logos and nowhere else in their colour schemes. I'll probably remember that to the grave. :D

PANTONE:

Thank you for all of the work you have done and brought here to enlighten the rest of us. You and your site always did (and will continue to) assist me when putting together logos, packages, using colors, etc. I fully understand the reason why you are leaving and don't blame you. Best of luck in the upcoming years and here's to Edgerrin James and Matt Leinart tearing up the new stadium in months to come!

We'll miss ya PANTONE, Donovan. I certainly understand your predicament. You were definitely one of the biggest contributors to this board, and it'll definitely be weird when there is no answer to "paging PANTONE" (from the old FanHome board, IIRC) when there's a dispute involving color schemes. :cry:

Godspeed!

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

I understand completely, Mr. P. As far as 'leaks' go, it just shows that teams have to do a better job at keeping this stuff secret...we all know you were too professional to have anything to do with leaks, so that's just to let these stupid sports teams know that they have worse security than the CIA.

Keep us posted on your future endeavours!!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Sorry to see you go, Pantone, but I understand. I'm trying to think of something smart or witty to say, but instead I'll just second what everyone else has said.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Your site (SSUR) is what brought me to this forum, and I thank you for that!

I am sad to see you go, as you are definitely an asset to the site, but I am excited to stay up w/ you on SSUR.

Good luck!

45_DenverBroncos.jpg.jpg

Please bring me some defense this offseason!!!

PANTONE

I'll never tell anyone that you're really Tom O'Grady. You were to this board as The Great Gazoo was to Fred Flintstone.

Agreed. You have been a source of knowledge and wisdom to us "dum-dums" and only certain select individuals could see you.

Your knowledge and insights will be missed.

gazoo_words2.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As an infrequent poster but a frequent lurker, I have to let you know how much I have appreciated all of your contributions and help over the years (wow, sounds like you just graduated and are about to join the peace corp on a tour overseas). Your insight has been a great addition to almost every thread and this community will miss you without a shadow of doubt. I fully understand why you feel you have to leave and wish you the best of luck with SSUR.

Archived