2006 NFL alternate jersey schedule?

BigEd76

No alts for the Browns. I liked the orange jerseys, but they just didn't fit the team

Damn, I was hoping they would dust off the orange jerseys. Oh well, maybe they will do the orange pants this year...

that would have to be for their away game

the only problem if any i have with Bronco's set is the fact they have 2 different sets of white pants, blue and orange

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The league can't force teams to wear dark at home, but they do allow them to make the first choice forcing the other team to deal with it. That's why teams in hot cities tend to wear white at home early in the season.

Only the Cryboys since 1964 and the Foreskins since Gibbs took over in 1981 have worn white at home for all games. Of course, the Skins went to burgundy at home when Spurrier and Schottzie were in town, but Gibbs changed that when he came back.

I recall the Jets wearing white for all of their home games in the 80s, though when they added black trim in 1990 they began wearing green at home again. Then you have the Oilers wearing white for all 16 home games in the 97 and 98 seasons, the two before the change to Titans.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Orange you glad to be a Buc?

By Joanne Korth

July 28, 2006

Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Brooks isn?t ashamed. He wants the Bucs to wear throwback orange uniforms in a game, and the franchise?s first appearance on Thanksgiving Day at Dallas is the perfect opportunity.

Brooks, fullback Mike Alstott and tight end Dave Moore are the only players remaining who wore orange before the team changed its colors to red and pewter in 1997.

"I?ve been vetoed," said Brooks, a first-round draft pick in 1995. "I like the orange. Our younger players, they want to wear it. They?re not embarrassed about our franchise history and the colors. They want to wear it and I want to wear it."

Brooks, who wants the franchise to create a Ring of Honor to recognize former players, is proud of his first NFL uniform. He has it framed at his home, complete with Bucco Bruce helmet. But so far, his throwback pleas have been rejected.

"It?s a policy with the NFL, and I understand it starts with them about the uniforms," Brooks said. "I guess it?s really not totally up to our owners, from what I understand. But if you want something done, you can get it done."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Having read all the posts, I am thinking about compiling a list of all the alt games that have been mentioned, but before I do, is there a place online where the list is already posted? (thus saving me litereally 7 minutes of work?)

BroncosSig.jpg

on a similar note, does anyone know if the fins will be wearing their "coral" jersey this i know they still sell it as an alternate, but they didnt use it last year at alljavascript:emoticon(':cry:')

smilie.

stu, the dolphins wear those hideous alternates for night home games. So, if they have any night games at home, then you can expect to see that jersey.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

stu, the dolphins wear those hideous alternates for night home games. So, if they have any night games at home, then you can expect to see that jersey.

They didn't last year. It's the aqua that's regularly worn for home night games.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Having read all the posts, I am thinking about compiling a list of all the alt games that have been mentioned, but before I do, is there a place online where the list is already posted? (thus saving me litereally 7 minutes of work?)

That's what I asked in the first post... :D

They didn't last year. It's the aqua that's regularly worn for home night games.

Saban, from what I've heard and read, is pretty adamant about using two sets of jerseys only. So while Saban's in charge, I don't see the orange jersey coming back anytime soon.

No alts for the Browns. I liked the orange jerseys, but they just didn't fit the team

Damn, I was hoping they would dust off the orange jerseys. Oh well, maybe they will do the orange pants this year...

that would have to be for their away game

the only problem if any i have with Bronco's set is the fact they have 2 different sets of white pants, blue and orange

The Browns need to make a decision and stick with it: either they are going to keep theis unis somewhat modern (alternate jersey, pants), or they are going to go back to the uniforms of their 'glory days' of the Sixties and stay there!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

v Cowboys = blk

continuing the tradition of 1st half season whites then into 2nd half w the blacks.

Don't they know the best way to beat the Cowboys on the road is to force them to wear their blue jerseys?

This is a wasted opportunity. No one really cares what the Panthers wear and so many of us pine for the blue Cowboy jerseys. Oh well.

Actually, that didn't work for them last year.

Julius Jones ran all over Carolina and it ended up costing the Panthers the divison.

And Steve smith got ejected

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I have a feeling I won't see any Seahawks alternates this year. The world isn't ready for a lime green jersey.

I am, and I know several members here would love to see it. I just want to see it once, just to see what it's like, in an actual game.

I want to see the Bucs sport a pewter alt; the Cardinals sport a yellow or blue (just look at NFL 2K5) alt; the Packers, Chiefs, Vikings & Steelers sport a yellow alt; and the Saints, Rams & 49ers bust out Gold alts.

I have a feeling I won't see any Seahawks alternates this year. The world isn't ready for a lime green jersey.

I am, and I know several members here would love to see it. I just want to see it once, just to see what it's like, in an actual game.

I want to see the Bucs sport a pewter alt; the Cardinals sport a yellow or blue (just look at NFL 2K5) alt; the Packers, Chiefs, Vikings & Steelers sport a yellow alt; and the Saints, Rams & 49ers bust out Gold alts.

I'm not saying it would be bad, I just don't see it happening.

As i recall, the Fins unveiled their orange jerseys on November 23, 2003 against Washington, which was a Sunday Night Football game. Then, the next year, they had a Monday Night Football game against New England, in which they wore the orange. Those two games were the only home night games they had since they introduced the orange. I know that before that, they wore aqua at home at night, and white during the day. In a preseason night home game against the Redskins in 2004, they wore the aqua, but its not that way it is during the regular season.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

panthers home jersey colors:

v Bills = white (preseason)

v Dols = blue alt (preseason)

v Flacons = white

v Aints = white

v Browns = white

v Cowboys = blk

v Bucs = blk

v Rams = blue alt

v Gmen = blk

v Steelers = blk

continuing the tradition of 1st half season whites then into 2nd half w the blacks.

Why the alternate blue in preseason? Especially against Miami, why not force them to wear aqua? It is a night game but I'd rather them wear the alternate blue twice in the regular season. Sure the blue isn't as bad as the black but I'd still rather them stick to white.

Why the alternate blue in preseason? Especially against Miami, why not force them to wear aqua? It is a night game but I'd rather them wear the alternate blue twice in the regular season. Sure the blue isn't as bad as the black but I'd still rather them stick to white.

I'm pretty sure the NFL allows the teams to wear their alts once in preseason and twice during the regular season, so I don't think wearing the alt in the preseason takes the place of one of the two regular season opportunities to wear an alt.

Carolina might be planning to wear the blue alt for an early-season warm-weather road game where they expect the home team to wear white - like maybe their 9/24 game in Tampa.

From the NFL Kickoff release:

A lot of NFL teams will wear third jerseys in 2006. A list of them:

TEAM THIRD JERSEY DATE(S)

Buffalo Bills Royal Blue 9/24 & 12/3

Carolina Panthers Blue 11/19

Chicago Bears Orange 11/5

Cincinnati Bengals Orange 10/22 & 12/10

Cleveland Browns Brown 11/26

Detroit Lions Black 9/10 & 12/24

Houston Texans Red 10/22

Jacksonville Jaguars Black 11/20

New England Patriots Silver 12/17

Philadelphia Eagles Black 11/19

San Diego Chargers Classic Blue 10/8 & 11/5

San Francisco 49ers Red 11/5 & 12/24

Tennessee Titans Titan Blue 10/29 & 12/3

The following clubs will have jersey patches or commemorative balls for specific anniversaries/memorials:

TEAM PATCH/BALL

Arizona Cardinals New stadium game ball (9/10)

Cleveland Browns 60th anniversary patch

Cleveland Browns 60th anniversary game ball (9/10)

San Francisco 49ers 60th anniversary patch

Archived