New Vikings Uniform debut

oldschoolvikings

I think it's safe to say that sporting goods manufacturers and I officially do NOT agree on what looks good.

Those uniforms were clearly not made to appeal to someone like me. (I'd say someone with taste, but I wouldn't want to be too offensive.) I'll take last year's uniform over this year's any day of the week, and twice on sundays.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

perhaps it is just unclear to me. Were they trying to go with a horn effect with the white stripe on the shoulders? If so, I think that it would have worked better without the additional white stripe coming down along the back. Plus, if they would have made the pant stripe all purple, I would have found the while new look more appealing.

Btw, I have never designed anything. I just like to nitpick from the cheap seats. :D

savedpictures013-1.jpg

From a distance, the pants stripe looks ridiculous, kind of hanging there on those white pants all alone. These uni's are simply horrible, in particular things like how one side of the white on the shoulders has the yellow piping and the other doesn't.

I'm sure the shapes are supposed to "suggest" the horn logo - that's the kind of crap marketers sell to organizations.

For example, don't get me started on Delta Air Lines' "flowing fabric" tail design. That's what the marketers called it when they sold the executives on it, seriously - "flowing fabric." Good grief. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My brother lives in the St. Paul area, he and his family really like them. Nice Change IMO !!! B)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

In style? We're talking NFL football, not high school lacrosse. I don't want to see the whole league changing unis every couple of years to be "In style". Isn't that Arena Football? Sure, it would give us a lot to talk about all the time, but I don't want to see classics get tossed down the toilet for some hip design that nike/reebok dreamed up and will look stupid in two years.

count me in as a stodgy traditionalist :P

AMEN!!!!!

Now, that picture of "The Purple People Eaters" above is what I wish they looked like now....I do, however, agree that they finally got the uniform to match the helmet or vice versa....I know they have had the metallic purple helmet for what, four years now? And though a minor change, I'm sad to see the old viking horn go...It was the one mainstay of the entire uniform for 45 years...

As for my take on the uniforms.....I've always been a diehard Vikings fan, but those uniforms make me embarrassed to be one now....I might forgive them for it if they EVER win the Super Bowl!!! :D

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Disclaimer:

Wisconsinite and Packer fan speaking!...

Honestly, whatever the Vikings wear will be hated by me! I will forever have nightmares of purple and gold. Maybe they should have waited to unveil these "BAD" boys when they get a new stadium?!!!?

Design speaking, reguardless of division placement, the Green and Gold will ALWAYS look better than whatever purple crap they are wearing!

As far as TRADITION goes, isn't the NFL one of, if NOT the League(s) that promotes the hell out of it!

My 2 cents, I wish the NFL would embrace tradition. I am 25, and love sports. I grew up watching and loving them till this day and will beyond. More in a general sports post... not the place here.

As far as the Vikings (FOUR years of High School, and I was one, as our nick. was just that. Vikings. Hard to swallow.) Their new uni's aren't too good! Had promise. I hope'd they would soften the harshness, but NO! They only make me hate them MORE!

Kyle

PS. I Hate Them!

lol, have a good day!

packchampionslfroh.png

I think everyone will get used to them within a couple of years and it'll all seem natural. They are not that bad or that good so I'm sure they'll stay for a while.

The evidence on these boards suggests exactly the opposite.

Bad design is bad design. We might "get used to" bad design, but we never stop calling it what it is.

Archived