New Vikings Uniform debut

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I don't really hate the Vikings unis or the Bengals for that matter. I just think their last sets looked better. I hate the white side panel on both team's darks. I know it's supposed to "flow" to the pants, but it ends up looking like a white stripe going into a dark stripe and don't look that good. I hope the logo above the name plate isn't the new trend. The last "redesign" that I think was any good was the Bucs. It's clean and classic while being modern.

KISSwall09.jpg

From a distance, the pants stripe looks ridiculous, kind of hanging there on those white pants all alone.  These uni's are simply horrible, in particular things like how one side of the white on the shoulders has the yellow piping and the other doesn't.

I'm sure the shapes are supposed to "suggest" the horn logo - that's the kind of crap marketers sell to organizations.

For example, don't get me started on Delta Air Lines' "flowing fabric" tail design.  That's what the marketers called it when they sold the executives on it, seriously - "flowing fabric."  Good grief.  :cursing:

Hey hey--watch the remarks on those "flowing colors" homeboy--I had to deal with the planes that carried those "flowing colors" for 3 damn years!!

Sike...just playin. I ain't much a fan of that, either.

Truthfully, I don't know why Delta even changed over their look. I mean, for comparison's sake:

Previous look, which had more character:

1058663.jpg

And the current look, wit the "flowing colors" on the tail:

DLmd-88.jpg

But hey--I've got a whole concept series based around this stuff, so let me get up off this here... ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't mind piping, but I don't like it if it's not continuous on both jersey and pants.

UnderArmor figured out how to match:

sept05%20024-thumb.jpgtn_acc092504095.jpg

20224578.jpg

Which I think looks a lot better than the mismatched stuff, such as:

chad-johnson-scores-colts.jpg

full%20pic.1.jpg

The Bengals aren't mismatched. The white clearly continues onto the pants before basically fading into the black stripes.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

which is still two different colors. And I dont think it fades taht smoothly either. Anyone ever photoshop having the tiger stripe go up the sleve?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Disclaimer:

Wisconsinite and Packer fan speaking!...

Honestly, whatever the Vikings wear will be hated by me! I will forever have nightmares of purple and gold. Maybe they should have waited to unveil these "BAD" boys when they get a new stadium?!!!?

Design speaking, reguardless of division placement, the Green and Gold will ALWAYS look better than whatever purple crap they are wearing!

As far as TRADITION goes, isn't the NFL one of, if NOT the League(s) that promotes the hell out of it!

My 2 cents, I wish the NFL would embrace tradition. I am 25, and love sports. I grew up watching and loving them till this day and will beyond. More in a general sports post... not the place here.

As far as the Vikings (FOUR years of High School, and I was one, as our nick. was just that. Vikings. Hard to swallow.) Their new uni's aren't too good! Had promise. I hope'd they would soften the harshness, but NO! They only make me hate them MORE!

Kyle

PS. I Hate Them!

lol, have a good day!

Brett.

Farve.

Swallows.

:D

Ok, back to the debate!

which is still two different colors. And I dont think it fades taht smoothly either. Anyone ever photoshop having the tiger stripe go up the sleve?

No but I have seen a photoshop without the white panel. It looked much, much better.

I don't like the new Vikings uniforms. In my opinion, these are the only ones that should use.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpmezl0y50c"></param><embed'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpmezl0y50c"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpmezl0y50c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Purple pants, dark shoes, classic white top. Why mess with that?

Or try this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpmezl0y50c

196604841_d451a3c912_m.jpg

Stop by for some Cheeseandpackers.com

And further proof that "within a couple of years and it'll all seem natural" is false.

Denver's design was criticized when it made its debut, and years later we still recognize it for what it is.

Bad design doesn't become good design by the mere passage of time.

If you are calling Denver's design bad, then I'm afraid you will find many who oppose your point.

I think of all of the looks that have been unveiled within the last decade in football, Denver's is one of the few to create something very different, unique and effective.

You may not like them, but for you to say that they are bad design while taking into consideration the atrocious designs that have been unveiled since makes no sense to me. They look like instant classics compared to the Cardinals and Falcons.

And YES I do believe we'll get USED to the Vikings in due time, but I NEVER said they'll go from bad to good. I've been around this board long enough to know that.

I am used to the Broncos unis now, and they did seem, I don't know, "fresh" at the time. What I really hate is how the template has been duplicated so much in College FB, and now we see the Falcons and Hurricane's template being copied all over the place in colleges. Now, they seem to be filtering up to the NFL in the Cardinals and now the Vikes. The trend just doesn't good because using templates seems to discourage originality and uniqueness. I'm sure next year, AT LEAST 5 college teams will be sporting unis very similar to the new Vikes unis. and around we go.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

capt.21b826a7660343608ed559c93a12d26a.vikings_steelers_football_paks110.jpg

capt.5a06beb1300d44b69674b5f8cd6e9f09.vikings_steelers_football_paks101.jpg

capt.799d32f6188b418c9a84b2ffe5d1f666.vikings_steelers_football_paks109.jpgcapt.41eb1227a3274e76933a92b1f277abf8.vikings_steelers_football_paks109.jpg

Those are great IMO.

Purple pants=needed

The "horn" on the pants is much more visible and flows better.

The striping pattern works.

These are some good looking road unis.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived