New San Diego State Jerseys

Mingjai

Looks like San Diego State got new uniforms to go with their new arched "Aztecs" helmets. The uniforms are similar to the Marshall Faulk era, with two white stripes on the pants, block letters, and piping on the shoulder that mimic the UCLA stripes they used to have.

Here are the Marshall Faulk era ones--I'll post the new one when they come online:

San_Diego_State_-_Faulk.jpg

s_faulk_i.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Oh, man, welcome to Upgrade City.

71764348.jpg

71764343.jpg

71764338.jpg

71764337.jpg

I cannot believe that Nike actually improved a college football uniform. I'm even more stunned that Nike has created a football uniform in this decade that doesn't conform to their template-of-the-moment.

Whether I need to congratulate SDSU for sticking to their guns, or actually give props to Nike's college football department for getting something right, I don't know. But whoever greenlighted this, you nailed it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love the look, but I wish they either made the logo a bit bigger or just went with the A logo by itself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Was SDSU the one with the gradient helmet?

These are nice, but I'd kind of like to see some red uniforms.

yeah, we were.

i saw these jerseys in action last night, they are mighty sharp and are overall a fabulous upgrade. 9.1/10.

my only real gripe is the color of the helmets. the aztecs wordmark is good i suppose, and is for sure a step up from the old helmets, but aside from that--why not go with a solid red helmet? im not diggin the ruby-sparkling helmets.

Overall the unis look nice - IMO, I like the double stripe, but the gap is too wide.

Go Aztecs!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I went to SDSU during the Faulk years, and I was thrilled to see the Aztecs go back to these uniforms, although they are just a bit different. You can dicker with the pant stripes or lack of red, but after what they had the past five years, I'll take these as they are.

I agree with the notion of having either the logo or "Aztecs" script, but not both. Traditionally, the school has generally had some kind of "Aztecs" script and wanted to go back to it, but seemed to want to have it both ways.

However, overall, I'm very pleased with the unis.

Archived