Worst Ref Mistakes

fonz

Trent Green was hit WHILE SLIDING by the Bengals' #91. Green was carried off on a stretcher and wasn't moving his legs before that. No flag.

The refs have been confused and not even mentally there it seems like.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe this question belongs in a thread of its own, but it seems to me that certain teams, like the 49ers during the Montana/Young "dynasty" years, always get calls their way. I've heard people say it about the Cowboys too, and of course Raiders fans feel the Patriots got at least the "tuck rule" call (though as previously posted, the refs made the right call under a questionable rule).

This Rams fan also feels the Raiders may have been jobbed on the Tuck Rule (for his own biased reasons).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Trent Green was hit WHILE SLIDING by the Bengals' #91. Green was carried off on a stretcher and wasn't moving his legs before that. No flag.

Geathers was blocked into him at the same point when trent began to slide. I'm not trying to be a homer, but there's a reason they didn't call anything. And I hope That T-Green is ok because he is one of my favorite athletes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

[quote name=PaperAirplane31' date='Saturday, September 9th, 2006 -

This could also apply to certain situations. Anybody who saw the last "out" (quotes intended) of the recent Marlins no-hitter could see that the runner was clearly safe.

FSN Florida, FSN Phoenix and ESPN all replayed it and Eric Byrnes was out by half a step.

Hell, Mark Grace who does the D-Backs game said he was out.

1997 | 2003

Geathers was blocked into him at the same point when trent began to slide. I'm not trying to be a homer, but there's a reason they didn't call anything. And I hope That T-Green is ok because he is one of my favorite athletes.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion on the hit. I just have a hard time believing Kennison pushed a DE shoulder-forward into Green's face while Kennison was running perpendicular to Geathers. In a league that protects QB's, I'm surprised a flag was not called, accidental or not. However, I'm going to keep studying the replay.

Thanks for being a good sport about Green's recovery. I've heard some really nasty things from a lot of immature idiots about Green's injury and it really upsets me.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion on the hit. I just have a hard time believing Kennison pushed a DE shoulder-forward into Green's face while Kennison was running perpendicular to Geathers. In a league that protects QB's, I'm surprised a flag was not called, accidental or not. However, I'm going to keep studying the replay.

Thanks for being a good sport about Green's recovery. I've heard some really nasty things from a lot of immature idiots about Green's injury and it really upsets me.

Watching it when it happened (on replay during the Broncos game) and watching the replays on ESPN, Kennison didn't block him into Green, and I feel that that was a dirty hit and that Geathers should be fined and suspended. But that's just my opinion, a Broncos fan's opinion.

A.J. Pierzynski running after Josh Paul caught the third strike....later in the series(maybe same game), Steve "I can only hit .221" Finley gronds out on a clear catcher's interference.

Yeah, I'm bitter. So what?

You and me both... you and me both.

VmWIn6B.png

1999 NHL Playoffs, Sabres vs Stars...Brett Hull's skate crosses the line before the puck.

If we're including Olympics, what about Roy Jones Jr vs that Korean kid in 1988? Jones gave that kid the beating of his life yet somehow the Korean was given the decision.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Also, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game, but I remember Graham Poll giving a Croatian player 3 yellow cards in their game against the Australian National Team.

There was the horrible refereeing during the Netherlands v Portugal match as well. Completely lost control of the match.

Some of the "Penalty Kicks" that were awarded to various teams (Ghana vs. USA, France vs. Spain, Italy vs Australia, etc) and some that were not (Tunisia vs. Ukraine, Togo vs. Switzerland, etc)

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

The Polamalu interception that was ruled out v the Colts almost cost the Steelers the whole thing.

...right before "the athlete who kicks" cost the Colts the whole damn thing...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Also, it didn't have an effect on the outcome of the game, but I remember Graham Poll giving a Croatian player 3 yellow cards in their game against the Australian National Team.

There was the horrible refereeing during the Netherlands v Portugal match as well. Completely lost control of the match.

Some of the "Penalty Kicks" that were awarded to various teams (Ghana vs. USA, France vs. Spain, Italy vs Australia, etc) and some that were not (Tunisia vs. Ukraine, Togo vs. Switzerland, etc)

Ghana deserved at least 2 against Italy, and the Ivory Coasy should've gooten against the Dutch

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived