The Slug

ASU

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ponders what it is that the slug is on in this new pic...

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I know it's already been said, but...looking at the ice photos and then the one of that--is it a hat or towel?--this design package just ain't working.

Looks absolutely horrible.

A yellow buffalo, first off. Except it's a slug. A head with no body and no legs that looks like its either humping the wordmark or taking a dump and sniffin it at the same damn time...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ponders what it is that the slug is on in this new pic...

Apparently the logo on the blue fabric is the game "shorts"

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

So let's review...

A crest...

a secondary...

and the captain's mark...

all on the front.

Why not we open up a Starbucks too while we're at it?

Wait, that's not all... I've also heard some scuttlebutt about the player's number being on the front as well.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

that has to be the worst logo i've seen in my lifetime. may my children and grandchildren never see anything as ugly as that which i have just seen.

Unless the Buffaslug manages to limp through a few more decades that is...

Of course, by then, our posterity will be used to such ugliness that they might become desensitized.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I am guessing it will go the way of the LA Kings King Neptune logo, and the Islanders Captain Crunch.

Give it a few seasons and they'll find something else.

Only problems are:

1. They're a laughing stock until this does get replaced.

2. Surely merchandise sales will be down.

3. Do they replace it with anything much better, let's face it, they approved this.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The sad thing is, I actually really like the font, and the shades of blue and gold. The slug just fuglies it up.

indians4.png

-Terry Pluto

Archived