Worst Logos

josh_cat_eyes

I have seen alot of horible logos come out lately and i wanted others opinion on them. What are the top three worst logos since 2000?

Oddly enough mine are all hockey logos. In my opinion hear they are:

#3 - The Horible Dallas Stars alt logo. What does a bull have to do with that team?

#2 - The Miliwakee Admirals Scull logo. It is so horible and a scull has nothing to do with an admrilal, at least not that I am awere of.

#1 - Number one is...you guess it; the Bufflaslug. It says it all just by looking.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I have seen alot of horible logos come out lately and i wanted others opinion on them. What are the top three worst logos since 2000?

Oddly enough mine are all hockey logos. In my opinion hear they are:

#3 - The Horible Dallas Stars alt logo. What does a bull have to do with that team?

#2 - The Miliwakee Admirals Scull logo. It is so horible and a scull has nothing to do with an admrilal, at least not that I am awere of.

#1 - Number one is...you guess it; the Bufflaslug. It says it all just by looking.

My guess is the Mooterus was supposed to convey the image of a steer--since, you know, Dallas is in Texas and all, known for cowboys and what not--and perhaps it was meant to show a constellation (for which Mooterus could work, no?). I mean--that's about the only association I can make between "Stars" and a steer.

The Milwaukee thing--yeah, that's kinda bad. But that dastard slug--for a MAJOR PRO SPORTS FRANCHISE...seems like somebody squeezed it out of a jar of toothpaste--with the wordmakr as the brush.

Not that it's a particularly bad logo, but I still ain't feeling the St. Louis Rams logo. Nothing about that says "fierce" or "strength" to me. Yes, rams charge head-down, but maybe it's a baby ram tryna learn how to charge? I don't know...

Then there's the Charlotte bobcats. That thing looks way too much like the Florida Firecats logo of the AFL2 (if they still exist)...I gives a damn whether it's supposed to represent the shape of NC...it just don't do it for me. That or the name Bobcats.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's hard to bring in minor leagues or alternate leagues, because really, the ABA would dominate the top 3 worst logos list... so I'm going to try to think only of the big 4 (NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) and only currently used logos (so, I think mooterus is dead, and wouldn't make my list).... here goes...

3) Toronto Blue Jays "JAYS with a jay head" - More of a wordmark than a logo (which is why the Ducks would have come in fourth), the beveling is a horrible, cheesy design trick. Combined with the fact that the J could only barely be described as being the letter "J." The hook on the bottom of the J is almost non-existant.

2) The Charlotte Bobcats "motion bobcat" - The color itself is bad enough, but the bobcat doesn't particularly look like a bobcat. It's more like a stylized siamese or something. Needs to be seen with the wordmark in order to "work."

1) The Buffalo Sabres "Buffaslug" - It doesn't work as a stand alone logo, and even the team admits it needs to be seen "in context" to be appreciated. It isn't readily recognizable as what it is supposed to be, and contains a whole collection of logo design "dont's." Just a bad idea all around.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

3. Cincinnati Rail Raiders- thank god they are done. It looked like the Coors Light Silver Bullet train!

2. Milwaukee Admirals dead logo- As Monty Python put it "BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!"

1. Buffaslug-No explanation needed

Signature intentionally left blank

I think the Mooterus was actually pretty clever reference to a constellation and one of the most recognizable animals in Texas. I'm one of the few that actually like it alot!

My WORST MAJOR SPORTS LOGOS:

#3: Baltimore Ravens- I know this logo actually debuted in 1999 about close enough. I still hate it with a passion, it just plain sucks. Why in the hell didn't they use something like this?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=310

#2: Vancouver Canucks- Once again, it debuted in 1998 but close enough. WORST logo ever if it weren't for the Buffaslug because it has nothing to do with hockey, the team identity or anything what so ever except for maybe the ownership or something.

#1. Buffaslug- nuff said...

Just wanted to see what the criteria was for judging. Is it the worst by personal preference or design? There is no way that the Buffaslug is a worse logo than the Milwaukee Admirals --design-wise. The Buffaslug is professionally drawn, has consistent line weights and is recognizable as a buffalo, even if you don't like it. The Admirals is poorly drawn and is confusing as if it could also be a pirate.

By the way, I also like Nike (especially the piping) and I hate Boise State's blue field!

CLHEL2.png

#3: Baltimore Ravens- I know this logo actually debuted in 1999 about close enough. I still hate it with a passion, it just plain sucks. Why in the hell didn't they use something like this?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=310

I think they didn't go with that logo because of legal reasons. I dont have time to find the case, but it had something to do with a gu claimed he drew it up and the Ravens used it without permission.

The worst: Washington Wizards. To me, it looks like a swastika.

Honorable mention: The Buffaslug (even though I don't think it's really that terrible, but it is pretty bad), the new Anaheim Ducks logo, Washington Nationals (pretty bland), Baltimore Ravens (ever see a bird with a B on the side of its head?), Seattle SuperSonics (pretty bland, too).

How in the world did I forget about the Bengals' "B" and the "B" on the Ravens' birdhead?

Maybe Cincinnati would like one to think the B is Becoming or something but it ain't. As for Baltimore's "B", maybe it's there for Baltimore, or maybe for Bird. Or maybe the B just means Bad--as in Bad design...or at least Bad choice of primary logo.

But...this is all just the opinion of one Bucco_B a.k.a. "Big B tha Florida Boy.

Get where I'm going with this??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived