Pirates in Red

gilesy24

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't some teams this year or at least recently come out with "road jackets" that were fashion? I remember seeing a Mariners' one in gray with the road wordmark Seattle across the chest, but I don't think I've ever seen the team wear them.

Bobby Cox, I think it was, had a mini-snit with MLB over gray jackets. He thought they were ugly (he was right) and wore his blue jacket instead.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I also say red is not the right color to add, if you must add a color. I would have been happier if they added blue to the color scheme. Not only is blue in the city flag (the checkerboard pattern in the center crest), but it was a color of the Pirates from the 20's to the early 50's (red was also a color for the Pirates but that is beside the point). It also would have been a good reminder of what the city was built on...blue collar labor.

Cool jacket, makes me hungry, but I like it. A red uniform, however, would be ugly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Nice style. I hope it is the new dugout jacket for next season. That would look real nice.

I couldn't care less about the red though. Whatever.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Cool jacket, makes me hungry, but I like it. A red uniform, however, would be ugly.

I really like that your sig is for a regular season game between two teams not in the same division. It's like creating a sig for the June 5 Reds/Dodgers game or something.

Unless you've done this for every Bears game this season and I haven't noticed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why are you all acting as if the P-Rats are breaking new ground with ugly? They were the Gold Standard for ugly throughout their 'hey day'

They have one of the classiest looks now...and are always dead last.

Maybe they are proof that looking bad never felt so good?

...that jacket looks like someone's wife sat on it.

Didn't some teams this year or at least recently come out with "road jackets" that were fashion? I remember seeing a Mariners' one in gray with the road wordmark Seattle across the chest, but I don't think I've ever seen the team wear them.

P0102194.jpgP0102193.jpgP0102197.jpg

It looks like they are still around at Starstruck and have a similar design to the Pirates red so they might be worn next year for some teams.

Archived