Old D-Rays Fan Cap?

ManCalledAmp

Another thread mentioned how cheap Rays caps are on ebay, which kicked up my curiousity. While searching, I came across this little doozy...

WTF, Mate? This thing is baaaaad.

Sorry I can't post the pic; my computer at work won't let me right-click.

I'm not the best judge of counterfeits, but this thing....ugh. Are these for real?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Another thread mentioned how cheap Rays caps are on ebay, which kicked up my curiousity. While searching, I came across this little doozy...

I'm not the best judge of counterfeits, but this thing....ugh. Are these for real?

I don't see why not. If you're going to counterfeit something, wouldn't you want to counterfeit something somebody would actually want to buy?

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't see why not. If you're going to counterfeit something, wouldn't you want to counterfeit something somebody would actually want to buy?

Very well said.

I found another one for The Fugly Awards, but this one doesn't look fake, just sad. With a color-scheme-creep. Everybody's favorite add-to-the-color-scheme-color....Black!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

The first one is absolutely appaling. But I can see the locals at Del Boca Vista donning those lids before a rousing game of canasta.

As for the second, I sympathize with the excess of black in virtually every color scheme. On the merit of the hat itself, I think it looks pretty good. Black is really the only color for it, maybe white. If you did the purple (or whatever the D-Rays' secondary color is) it'd look terrible.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

why do you question that these are counterfeits? Fashion caps are made every year and can look like anything.

Yeah, take a stroll through a Wal-Mart or Sears clothing department and you'll see some of the worst hats and T-shirts you've ever seen.

I'm far more intrigued by this.

Anyone notice something about the team name?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm far more intrigued by this.

Anyone notice something about the team name?

I wouldn't read too much into that; the copyright is from last year and it's a girl's shirt, so they're prolly just going for a more innocent look.

As for that first hat, it screams mid-90's, and I have a few similar looking ones of various other teams. I guess cream colored-stuff and elegant typefaces were kinda like today's black and piping....

Archived