NHL to use RBK unis

FlyersHockey1967

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like the NHL deliberately planned to make this whole thing a colossal screw-up.

Thanks, Bettman! The NHL is turning into that abusive spouse that hockey fans keep making excuses for. Well, I've pretty much had enough of this.

What a bunch of jerks. Good job, Bettman, misleading everyone for the past few weeks. That's the way to win fans back!

It's like the NHL deliberately planned to make this whole thing a colossal screw-up.

Thanks, Bettman! The NHL is turning into that abusive spouse that hockey fans keep making excuses for. Well, I've pretty much had enough of this.

What specifically are you referring to? The fact that not all jerseys are being shown, which is kind of what was promised? Or that the league is changing uniforms at all? Or that Bettman has been an abject failure in almost everything he's done as NHL commissioner?

Or is a bit of all of the above?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What specifically are you referring to? The fact that not all jerseys are being shown, which is kind of what was promised? Or that the league is changing uniforms at all? Or that Bettman has been an abject failure in almost everything he's done as NHL commissioner?

Or is a bit of all of the above?

In this case, that they led everyone to believe that the individual team unis were being unveiled today, but yeah, with Bettman it is a bit of all of the above.

I would have thought the best possible PR the NHL could do was :

- Unveil the new designs for all 30 teams on Monday

- Showcase them on the actual players during the skills competition on Tuesday, because how much better could these new jerseys look than on the best players in the league doing their thing in front of the cameras on the ice?

- It would also give the teams a chance to unveil the looks together, but now we have to wait and watch for 30 different press conferences over the coming months announcing new jerseys. How much are people (apart from we on this board, of course) will care come the 24th presser when Nashville unveils their new jersey, or something?

Dumb, dumb, dumb. I can't believe I set my alarm for this...!

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

It's pretty bad, isn't it? NHL.com is only showing that same mock-up we've seen now for weeks. What a freakin' joke.

(Unrelated, I love that the NHL feature on black players is called "Black Ice." It's just too much....)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No one EVER said that the team's jerseys would be debuted today. I don't know why anyone thought that would happen...

In bad news, Lukas' page says white will still not be home colors :(

Because it was reported by the media last week, starting with Pierre LeBrun's comment on Satellite Hotstove during Hockey Day in Canada. Other media members have also mentioned it, showing me that the NHL has misinformed not only the media but the public.

Juventus.png

Or that Bettman has been an abject failure in almost everything he's done as NHL commissioner?

Bettman has been an abject failure
failure

Hot dog, we have a wiener.

"I gave Gary Bettman a hockey puck, and he spent the rest of the day trying to open it."

--Pat Williams, former Orlando Magic GM

1zgyd8w.jpg

It's pretty bad, isn't it? NHL.com is only showing that same mock-up we've seen now for weeks. What a freakin' joke.

(Unrelated, I love that the NHL feature on black players is called "Black Ice." It's just too much....)

NHL, are you down with the black man? are you down with the black man? are you down with the black man?

Is it my crappy New Zealand internet server or is the RBK edge system site not working? And how can you call this year's uniforms classics? I mean Atlanta's homes a classic? or the Nashville uniforms? I think there has to be some history behind the team before the uniform can be considered a classic and maybe some simplicity to the uniforms as well.

Is it my crappy New Zealand internet server or is the RBK edge system site not working? And how can you call this year's uniforms classics? I mean Atlanta's homes a classic? or the Nashville uniforms? I think there has to be some history behind the team before the uniform can be considered a classic and maybe some simplicity to the uniforms as well.

i can't get on the site either.

NHL, are you down with the black man? are you down with the black man? are you down with the black man?

Thank you, Byron Harlan.

Oh, and what's this "classics" B.S.? Suddenly, the new Ducks uni is "classic"?

("classic" = Bettmanspeak for "overstock")

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived