titans in all Columbia Blue

southernyankee

Oy. This might, and I mean might, work with a navy helmet. But man, that white helmet sitcks out like nobody's business with this combo. I'm all about having the Columbia Blue pants with the regular home and road jerseys - I think they look awesome in both of those cases. But, please, don't trot this one out again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the best look in the world, but hey the Titans won. This was just the latest Monochrome Bowl. The Colts were monochrome and looked just as silly in all white...with white helmets too...ick.

Wrong. All white looks classy and pure.

I thought they looked great as a alternate uni combo.

Plus, I knew it would p*** off many of the "traditionalists" around here who think everyone should look the same and any change in uniform combos is just awful.

The Saints looked (and played) like bad-as*es too). Now that they have black shoes (instead of those weenie looking white shoes they used to wear with the black pants) they look like a real football team.

I think that look is PiMP. I think it's a nice throwback to the Oilers...while keeping the Titans ID.

If I can recall correctly...we've worn Monochromes the last 3 weeks, and won all 3, right?

don't think so... we went white/columbia, navy/navy, columbia/columbia, if i'm not mistaken...

my memory isn't the greatest, but wasn't the iggles game directly before the double-manning takedown?

full.getty-71465438rm025_indianapolis__6_41_11_pm.jpg

Oh wow. I bleed 2-tone-blue, and the bottom third of this picture just makes me want to hurl. This look is their worst yet. Navy pants look best with the columbia tops, but I think white would look very classy also.

IMO, it should be Navy with white pants at home, White with Navy on the road (columbia pants as an alt, since it looked good but not great IMO), and Columbia with navy or white pants as the alt set. And someone suggested a Navy helmet? No thanks--don't mess with it. It's perfect the way it is.

Monochromes are horrid 90% of the time, and the Titans have given us proof of this 2 weeks straight. Navy was bad, but I think this is even more embarrassing. Ick. (That being said, I love the way we're playing in them. Hey, if the Seahawks can suck at life with those god-awful monocromes all the time and still be successful, I can tolerate these eyesores if we keep winning in them. Still, today's "baby bleus" (not a typo, as bleu cheese has mold in it, and I want this combo to mold or rot as well) battle the Seahawks' big-greenish-blobs for worst monos of all time.)

Surprisingly to most people who know my sentiments and loyalties, I have to say the Colts' mono whites are some of the few classy and respectable mono sets out there. It's timeless, and I'm really fond of it myself.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

full.getty-71465438rm025_indianapolis__6_41_11_pm.jpg

Oh wow. I bleed 2-tone-blue, and the bottom third of this picture just makes me want to hurl. This look is their worst yet. Navy pants look best with the columbia tops, but I think white would look very classy also.

IMO, it should be Navy with white pants at home, White with Navy on the road (columbia pants as an alt, since it looked good but not great IMO), and Columbia with navy or white pants as the alt set. And someone suggested a Navy helmet? No thanks--don't mess with it. It's perfect the way it is.

Monochromes are horrid 90% of the time, and the Titans have given us proof of this 2 weeks straight. Navy was bad, but I think this is even more embarrassing. Ick. (That being said, I love the way we're playing in them. Hey, if the Seahawks can suck at life with those god-awful monocromes all the time and still be successful, I can tolerate these eyesores if we keep winning in them. Still, today's "baby bleus" (not a typo, as bleu cheese has mold in it, and I want this combo to mold or rot as well) battle the Seahawks' big-greenish-blobs for worst monos of all time.)

Surprisingly to most people who know my sentiments and loyalties, I have to say the Colts' mono whites are some of the few classy and respectable mono sets out there. It's timeless, and I'm really fond of it myself.

as a fellow titans fan, i'm going to disagree with a lot of what you said. i agree that the monochromes aren't good.

but i'd be in favor of ditching the navy pants alltogether.

home: columbia blue with white pants. sometimes navy pants.

away: white with columbia blue pants. sometimes white pants.

alternate: navy blue with columbia blue pants, sometimes white pants.

but if they wanted to keep navy at home, i'd be cool with that, too... just swap home/alternate.

either way, i think the navy pants are nothing special, and the less we wear them, it won't hurt my feelings.

Archived