The Super Bowl Should Use Arabic #s

Slickster

Super Bowl 86!!! The numbers will get very long

SBLXXXIIIVLogofinal.png

***EDIT.....Mockba's right, it would be LXXXVI

And on a side note, when Super Bowl 59, or Super Bowl LIX (sounds too much like 'licks'), imagine the jokes some people will have. Or when Super Bowl 1009 comes around it would be Super Bowl MIX which would be kinda interesting. Of course, the likelihood of earth still being around by SB MIX is about the same as the odds of the Lions, Cards or Texans reaching a Super Bowl by then :D

espnsig.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of the roman numerals, but I have a question:

If you're worried about the roman numerals extending on forever, at that point, wouldn't the league just refer it to the year of the season rather than continuing on with the numbering?

For example: the 2012 Super Bowl?

IMHO, they should just go with "2007 Super Bowl" as it's difficult to remember what SB took place during what year.

What year do you put? Do you put 2006 because this is the championship for the 2006 season or do you put 2007 because that's what year the Super Bowl is in. I think that is part of the reason why they went with Roman Numerals to begin with because the Super Bowl is in a different year than the season (remember back then playoffs were pretty much done in December or first week in January).

IMHO, they should just go with "2007 Super Bowl" as it's difficult to remember what SB took place during what year.

What year do you put? Do you put 2006 because this is the championship for the 2006 season or do you put 2007 because that's what year the Super Bowl is in. I think that is part of the reason why they went with Roman Numerals to begin with because the Super Bowl is in a different year than the season (remember back then playoffs were pretty much done in December or first week in January).

According to the NFL this (XLI) is the 2006 Super Bowl

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Archived