Turn Ahead the Clock Uni VIDEO

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me, but I love those Tigers jerseys. Might be the cream of the turn ahead the clock crop.

Its not just you the Tigers are the only ones that are good because they are based on what they actually wear or wore back then and its possible they could actually wear something like this one day.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I got a Mercury Mets one off that seller, because I thought it'd be good to have one in my collection (and it was cheap). They are truly disgusting in real life too. I agree that some of them, especially the Rockies one, do look good enough to be used today. But they'd have to get rid of those stupid little sleeves

Maybe it's just me, but I love those Tigers jerseys. Might be the cream of the turn ahead the clock crop.

Maybe that's because it's the one that changed the least from their current jersey?

I got that, I just think the vest style with navy sleeves fits their look very well. Touching the home jerseys would be pretty much be sacrilege, but I wouldn't mind at all if they adopted that road jersey full time someday.

It's funny to think that in 1999, the only real development in logo design that the future would hold would be enlarging and rotating existing designs.

Interesting to see the story about the whole phenomenon from back then. Thanks for the link.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

When the Mariners played the original TATC game, I remember the M's players turning their hats backwards (Ken Griffey, Jr apparently was a fashion trend setter). Silver helmets too - which I applaud them for. Too many times we see teams on TBTC (or TATC) games change the unis but keep the regular batting helmet, which totally looks out of place with "the look".

How far ahead did they have to turn the clock to get Barry Bonds to smile?

And nice work by the Giants to have white jerseys and cream/eggshell pants. :upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd like to start this out by saying that most of those futuristic uniforms were horrid. Most.

But I'd like to say that at least they tried something different. "Traditionalists" want to keep everything the same, and if that is the case, then the awful 70s logo for the Astros would still be around, blandness would rule baseball, and only the SMALL group of traditionalists would be satisfied.

I hate baseball. I really, really hate baseball. I hate baseball. But at least they TRIED something different.

There are two astounding things about that video. First, the TATC uniforms were hideous. Second, Sportscenter really did used to be funny and worth watching. If only we could turn back the clock on ESPN.

More pictures...

lg_herschiser_all_01.jpg

The seats at Pro Player had aliens in them to make up for the nonexistent Marlins fans.

tatcnightinFL.jpg

jenkins86hy.jpg

deportes-20020223-08-1.jpg

I really, really miss the old SportsCenter style. Funnier, less commercial, and way easier to watch.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Everytime I see these I think of how thankful I am that no moment of historical greatness happened in these. Can you imagine how awful it would be to be the guy who threw his only no hitter while wearing these, or worse if Ripken or Gwynn got their 3,000 hit while wearing these? I'm just glad that noone was that unfortunate.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Can you imagine how awful it would be to be the guy who threw his only no hitter while wearing these, or worse if Ripken or Gwynn got their 3,000 hit while wearing these? I'm just glad that noone was that unfortunate.

Well Gwynn did get #3000 in Montreal... practically the same thing

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• LMU locked this topic

Archived