My Whalers Fantasy Alternate is done!

spyboy1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dang... that jersey is way way cooler... ohh man.. I like that look..but as for that small 0 on the arm sectoin, that looks so wide.. eh.. but I really love the look of that jersey!!! Very cool!!

Actually, the "0" on the sleeve is supposed to be wide. If the numbering is made to represent the old-school MacGregor/ Sand-Knit jerseys, the TV numbers are supposed to be rectangular.

spyboy1 - congrats on your jersey looking sooooo nice!

Sweet uniform - you must be proud!!! Kinda of like the arrival of a new baby into the family, except you don't have to change the diapers.

Great looking Jersey!!!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks to everyone for the great response to the jersey. I'm glad it's gone over as well as it has.

It was just one of those concepts that popped into my head once I saw the blank jersey.

I was debating wether to add a "Stanley Cup Centennial" patch to it (as shown on the white jersey illustration back in my original post), but since Francis was a Penguin that year, and the orange and bright blue colors of the patch don't go with the green dark blue of the jersey, I've decided not to. I don't need another upfront visual element to compete with Pucky. It's an incredible amount of restraint for me, since I patch anything I can justify!

Now, onto your comments for some responses...

Hot damn, that looks magnificent. I've also got all the fixins for this jersey (green blank, crest, and whales,) I think I might make mine slightly different than yours, though... I'm thinking of adding a grey tackle-twill outline for Pucky, and possibly going with a different font. But it's definitely going to be Ronnie Franchise.

What other font would you go with? I suggested at one point to go with the Hurricanes italic font and caused a small uproar. I suppose you could go back to the original green jerseys and their block font.

That's frickin sweet man! How did you get the blank from icejerseys, through their custom team section?

Yes. To buy just the jersey, start here and scroll allllllllllll the way down to "whalers" for team/style and hit search. Then pick the Whalers Alt style and say no to all the other team outfitting options.

Ice Jerseys team outfitting

Fantastic jersey! How much did it run you in total if you don't mind me asking.

It was around $40 for the jersey, $60 for the customizing, $15 or so for the crest and another $10 for pucky to the best of my memory. Around $130 or so, but nicely spread out over time to lessen the impact.

Nice sweater. The only thing that I don't like about this sweater is that 0 looks very very wide. I'm glad you chose 10 and not 20 or some other number with a 0 because it doesn't look like you could fit two numbers on there and look good with that 0.

Oh dang... that jersey is way way cooler... ohh man.. I like that look..but as for that small 0 on the arm sectoin, that looks so wide.. eh.. but I really love the look of that jersey!!! Very cool!!

As for the wide "0", it is what it is. They nailed the font for the numbers, and that's exactly the way I wanted it.

wesley.png

Whalers Gamer

unflippin-believable how cool and professional that is. Amzing what you can do with

eBay and a dream. Hope I get to see that in person someday.

Thanks, man. Now that I have this one back, it means all the other ones I sent out are now back too. I was planning on letting you know that we can now try to meet up again.

Love the Pucky patches.

Very nice sweater, Jeff, but they misspelled 'Dineen'. :P

"Dineen" you say? Been there. Done that.

DineenF.jpgDineenB.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hot damn, that looks magnificent. I've also got all the fixins for this jersey (green blank, crest, and whales,) I think I might make mine slightly different than yours, though... I'm thinking of adding a grey tackle-twill outline for Pucky, and possibly going with a different font. But it's definitely going to be Ronnie Franchise.

What other font would you go with? I suggested at one point to go with the Hurricanes italic font and caused a small uproar. I suppose you could go back to the original green jerseys and their block font.

I was thinking of going with Futura Bold Condensed (as seen on the Ducks' late '90s alt sweaters,) for no other reason than I really like that font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Awesome jersey man!!! If I were to buy a blank jersey and a sewn on patch (both from ebay), what kind of place can I take them to have them put together and make it look somewhat professional...and about how much would it cost?

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

never mind.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Awesome jersey man!!! If I were to buy a blank jersey and a sewn on patch (both from ebay), what kind of place can I take them to have them put together and make it look somewhat professional...and about how much would it cost?

Thanks. Everything you need to know can be found in this thread.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=46963&st=0

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Is that an authentic Dineen? I don't remember the back numbers being different from the sleeve numbers. Look at the top of the 1. That's not the same font at all.

No, it's not authentic and they did not get the font right. I bought it without seeing it based on a written description. It looks like Blackhawks numbers on the back to me.

HansonsSig.jpg

I was about to say the same thing - those are definitely Blackhawks numbers on the back of that. Really messes up what's otherwise a nice-looking Dineen.

Oh, and I absolutely love the work on the Francis! :notworthy:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• 4 weeks later...

spyboy1, that is awesome. If the Hartford Whalers still existed today, I would've hoped they would adopt this exact jersey

as an alternate. I can live or live without the secondary logo on the shoulder.

Too bad the Whalers never adopted this before they left Hartford 10 years ago (the anniversary is just under 3 weeks away).

A small tear just fell from my eye as I sit here remembering my beloved Whale....sniff sniff!

Damn relocation!!!!!

As a childhood North Stars fan, I feel your pain.

I think once Norm Greed changed our logo from an "N" to the generic "stars", we were toast.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived